• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

• I Spy (Round 1&2)

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Cryptogram (Round 3&4)

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Hidden Scribble (Round 5&6)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Mirrors (7&8)

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Venn

Bells
Island
Mistfall
Yellow Crescent Moon
Festival Lantern
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Hello There!
@BetsySundrop wanted to create another poll to help everyone gather fairy dust in the form of this question along with the other 2 polls here. We need all the fairy dust we can get! I thought it was a great idea and decided to help make it.

Remember to space out your polls so all can count!

Quick Edit: Mirros options is supposed to be Mirrors, but I think everyone will get that...

My fav puzzle was the 'I Spy' maybe because was easier than the others 😂
Hidden Scribble was fun too, but maybe because I knew the characters and didn't have much of a problem..

I'm sorry....isn't "I, Spy" the only correct answer?

I jest but still..."I, Spy" was so much fun! It was really fun and engaging. It reminded me of those books from when I was younger and I was hoping we would have more.

We didn't :(

I Spy fam. No pressure to perform. Chill. Just here to See the Image. The Best.

Big almost-first-place runner-up is cryptograms, which are one of my favorite! I have a little document of a ton of my most frequently used crypt solvers and riddle tools.

I really like the I spy ones! Although I have to admit I'm always quite excited to see what the next mirror will look like and if I'll be able to solve it! I won't solve it most of the time but I just like them!

I voted cryptograms. The I spy were fun, but I did like the challenge of decoding. Even though I missed the tickets on the 2nd cryptogram (darn red herring and 2nd cipher!)...

I did enjoy the handdrawn character puzzles, but the last round of "true" mirrors - a bit too much of a challenge 😅

I really liked the I spy puzzles. Sure, they're easier, but I actually think they were just the most fun too. I really liked looking at the photo/scene and seeing what's hidden in there.

A very close second for me was the hidden drawings, which I really enjoyed too.

I didn't mind the cryptograms, they were fun to (eventually) solve. The only puzzles I didn't solve were the two mirrors. I liked that the puzzles varied in difficulty though! 😊 I also liked that there were two rounds of each puzzle, with the first one being by redemption code. I think that was thoughtful lol.

i chose i spy even though i had missed them as im quite good at analyzing and spotting things. they looked really fun and i hope they come back in another event or next fair!

2nd choice would be the cryptograms as it was fun to try and decipher the puzzles, and i also found it to be very creative and engaging.

anything not the mirrors

and yes, I consider the 5th and 6th rounds to be mirrors too. if it gives me some ridiculous image and tells me to figure out what character it is, then it's a mirror. the methodology of how they're hidden is irrelevant

My favorite was the substitution ciphers (or cryptograms) for rounds 3/4. Maybe I'm a bit biased since I won the Enchanted Bloom for it and those ciphers were a part of my education a few years back, but I do enjoy those types of puzzles! I really enjoy trying to figure out the encryption key and it gets pretty exciting as you figure out more and more letters. The 4th round was definitely an interesting twist with 2 ciphers being used, which I enjoyed once I finally realized that 2 ciphers were being used, lmao.

I Spy not only because I suffered in the rest of the rounds after, but because it was just simply fun to do and only really required you to look very closely at the things needed to find.

I was once told that Rounds 5+6 were not "Mirrors" by a certain someone.... *cough* Mistreil *cough* which is why I made the term of Hidden Scribble, because they were scribbles that were slightly hidden. Everything else was something already known.

I liked I Spy the most since it was the more fun one, but Hidden Scribble secondly.

I had so much fun with the cryptograms! 😊 The second one caused me a bit of stress when the second set just looked like gibberish, but it was so satisfying when I realized there was another cipher and everything fell into place!

I chose the cryptograms because that was fun and different for me. Although very time consuming, I enjoy a challenge sometimes. I do always love the "I Spy" puzzles too though.

The cryptograms were my favorite since I enjoy logic puzzles and the like. I also really like the I Spy pictures, and I'm glad they made a return; they're just nice and relaxing to do, and it's fun to see the different image compositions. I also like the structure of having there be two rounds a week with the first being easier/a code redeem, so it's more lenient, with the second round being a harder version.

I'm not as big on the Not-Mirrors/Mirrors because my eyes are actual trash. I would say that the Not-Mirrors/Mirrors are fine for the sake of diversity since not everyone likes logic puzzles and people have different skill sets. But I also don't get the sense that lots of people consider themselves good at the Not Mirrors/Mirrors either, so... 😅 At least the true Mirrors; some people seem really good at the Not-Mirrors. But I loved the egg math from Easter, so maybe my point is moot.

Back