• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

• I Spy (Round 1&2)

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Cryptogram (Round 3&4)

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Hidden Scribble (Round 5&6)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Mirrors (7&8)

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I thoroughly enjoyed the 'I Spy' portion, so I voted for that, but solving the cryptograms was a challenge for my brain, and it was extremely satisfying when I got the answers! Though they took significantly longer haha.

The mirrors/scribbles were too difficult for me to justify spending hours on them... I didn't mind with the cryptograms, because I knew I'd eventually get the right answer. There's no guarantee with the mirrors/scribbles, lol.

I voted for the ispy but the cryptograms were my second favorite then the scribbles and finally the mirrors 😒 I still can't see either of them even knowing what they are but I guess it's good to have diversity of the events

I have a love-hate relationship with the whole event 😅 but my favourites were the ciphers, I just found them satisfying to figure out
Still annoyed at myself for rushing and only putting one spell in for the Wednesday one though-

the first and second ones were the only ones i could really do. it's so insanely hard to do the mirrors and the other sketches and whatnot because the colors they choose are so bright and it strains my eyes so hard, i cant look for longer than a few minutes.

The I Spy games were fun. The rest I didn't really participate in because I'm not good at them and it would have been too frustrating/time consuming. I'm impressed with the people that can figure out those mirrors! 👍

While they could be a bit time consuming, I'd have to say the cryptograms were my favorite. They were fun and rewarding to decipher.

I Spy would be second. Like Snek said earlier in the thread, they reminded me of the I Spy books (and the haunted house computer game) and they're a nice fun little game.

As for the mirrors, I can tolerate the scribble mirrors but I dislike the regular mirrors. I failed to solve the Farley one when it was used originally, but I'd still take something like that over the two we got during this year's Fair.

I loved the cyphers. Procrastinated on the second one and missed the deadline, but they are always so satisfying to solve.

My thoughts reflect the poll! I spy is #1, cryptogram would be #2. I really love I Spy and was hoping it'd be that the rest of the time, byt the cryptograms were kind of fun too. Couldn't complete anything else (and even after checking the answers I don't see it) so they don't get a ranking lol.

Definitely the "I Spy", as I get too frustrated with mirrors. Scribbles are fun aswell though!

i voted i spy since it was the least stressful, but I did actually enjoy the cryptograms too!! if I hadn’t have been away while the second round was going on I would’ve had more time to actually sit down and properly solve the second one, so it comes second purely from my experience with it this time round lol

I love the I spy challenge. Hate admitting it but everything else was just too hard for me so the first two were the only rounds I got any points in.

Back