• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

What Was Your Favorite Mystery of the Monolith Puzzle?

• I Spy (Round 1&2)

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Cryptogram (Round 3&4)

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Hidden Scribble (Round 5&6)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Mirrors (7&8)

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I liked round 1 and 2. The others not so much.

I SPY BECAUSE I ACTUALLY KNEW IT FOR GOODNESS SAKE 😭 i got one cryptogram, no scribbles and no mirrors. idk what is wrong with me but, BRING BACK I SPY!!!

I love hidden object games. Been enjoying those since I was kid thanks to Where's Waldo. I honestly thought every round will be I Spy.

Cryptogram puzzles are also okay since I do them on my free time. But it's quite time-consuming.

The rest are just plain evil.

The I-Spy ones, hands down. They're the kindest to my poor braincells, and the detailed scenes are really fun to examine too—especially when there's some fun little Easter eggs snuck in.

The ciphers were my favourite even if they fried my brain a bit. I did really like the mirrors and i-spy rounds too though!

I love cryptograms—those two made me feel like I was earning my tickets but also like they were still possible with enough work. The I Spy puzzles are great too! I simply…cannot mirror.

I actually had a lot of fun with the cryptograms, I tried to keep my code simple for my Behind the Bookcase entry, but now based on how hard the staff went, I feel like I could have made it harder. lol

I loved the I Spy games. They were a lot of fun. The cryptograms were great too, even if I didn't have the time to decipher the second one.

my vote goes to mirrors for sure 😩💕💕
since i didnt have to make any of them and laudines work is lovely. i could never.
I was wondering who the only person to vote for mirrors could possibly be. 😆

My vote is for the cryptograms. I love word puzzles and ciphers. It so satisfying when I'm breaking the code and suddenly I don't even need to look at my chart anymore. I'm just reading the code and understanding it.

My second favorite is I-Spy. There are so many fun things to discover in the images and it does sometimes make you think about different interpretations of certain terms.

I really don't care for scribbles or mirrors, but that's a me problem. I will always be at a disadvantage due to not knowing very many Nintendo characters. I also have poor vision and find it difficult to discern the shapes and lines sometimes.

But I do think variety is nice because everyone has different strengths. And I'm very thankful it wasn't an entire event of mirrors because I wouldn't have earned any tickets. With the I-Spy and cryptograms I knew I'd get the right answer eventually. I still tried my best on the others, but luckily I can laugh at my failures.

I preferred the I Spy rounds as I'm simply not a fan of cryptograms or trying to find hidden Nintendo characters.

I liked Cryptogram and Hidden Scribble the most, it was so fun to decipher (still mad at that Judd, Lil Judd). I'm totally useless with mirrors.

after the i spys i found the cryptograms most satisfying to solve! finding the hidden nintendo characters in rounds 3 and 4 was rough, i'd end up with about 20 tabs worth of google results up, dealing with a throbbing headache, and still only got 2 of the 5 answers correct

Back