What's the last movie you've seen?

Last night was the first episode of the sixth season of Shudder's The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs and it was an Easter episode. The movie of the night was Rottentail, directed by Brian Skiba and released back in 2019. It was dumb. It was really, really dumb. I didn't get enjoyment out of the movie itself; it's one of those that's supposed to be one of those movies that's so bad it loops around to being good, which works for some people, but it was honestly just a slog to get through for me. If it wasn't an episode of The Last Drive-In and I had the hypothetical misfortune of watching this movie on its own, I would've bailed early.

I'm gonna cheat a bit and mention that I'll be seeing the new Godzilla x Kong movie in a few hours with my parents (ugh). I'll update this post and let you guys know how I felt about it.

I recently watched the original Blues Brothers (1980) for the first time. It was a lot of fun and the musical guest stars were incredible.

Wayne's World, Wayne's Worrrlllddd! Shwinngg! 😜 Wasn't as funny as I had remembered it, but still cool. 👍

Watched Road House (2024) and it wasn’t that good if im being honest 😭 definitely could’ve been at least 20 minutes shorter

The last movie I saw in theaters was The Boy and the Heron. I enjoyed it and would like to see it again as there were many elements to the story and am used to watching dubbed movies. The last movie I watched at home was Princess Mononoke. I'm a big Studio Ghibli fan and have seen most of their films 😊

Mockingjay - Part 1.

this movie drags ooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn. I still have a soft spot for the franchise though.

i went to see godzilla x kong: the new empire in theater since my friends invited me. context: i've never seen a single piece of godzilla media and only know godzilla as a name and the fact that he is a lizard? or something lol. what i took away from this movie was that i had no clue who godzilla is and i still don't know who he is which makes sense cause this movie is a apparently a sequel to another movie. i actually always thought godzilla was a villain character but apparently in this movie he isn't? i don't even know haha. anyways, i thought the movie was decent i guess. i'm sure u'd enjoy it more if u were a fan of godzilla since all the action sequences were pretty good. the plot is basically non-existent and kinda corny/cliche. the acting left a lot to be desired when the best actor is the cgi gorilla. other than that, a decent action flick.

i went to see godzilla x kong: the new empire in theater since my friends invited me. context: i've never seen a single piece of godzilla media and only know godzilla as a name and the fact that he is a lizard? or something lol. what i took away from this movie was that i had no clue who godzilla is and i still don't know who he is which makes sense cause this movie is a apparently a sequel to another movie. i actually always thought godzilla was a villain character but apparently in this movie he isn't? i don't even know haha. anyways, i thought the movie was decent i guess. i'm sure u'd enjoy it more if u were a fan of godzilla since all the action sequences were pretty good. the plot is basically non-existent and kinda corny/cliche. the acting left a lot to be desired when the best actor is the cgi gorilla. other than that, a decent action flick.
I'm not big on Godzilla, but I think it's that the first movies he was bad and then over time he became good. They might mix it up here or there for whatever plot they're going for. So that's why it might seem confusing. I think there was a year 2000 Godzilla that made him a mindless wrecking monster again. It just depends on the narrative I guess.

I watched the entirety of X-Men: The Animated Series in preparation for X-Men '97, and found myself enjoying myself enough that I wanted to revisit the three X-Men movies I remember viewing when they originally came out.

That was a mistake.

The first X-Men was... fine. Extremely monotonous, but fine. The second one was noticeably better, but still only just "okay." I know a lot of people like the first two movies, but they just didn't speak to me, personally. The third, however... that was quite awful. It kills off multiple characters vital to the continuation of the series, and the film spends so little time reflecting on it that it comes across as if the characters just didn't care. The story has issues balancing its myriad of characters and their individual arcs, and the film's "happy" ending doesn't really feel earned. It had some interesting action scenes, but anything aside from that was, at the most charitable, extremely boring.

Suffice it to say, the nostalgia that I had for these films did not shield it from scrutiny. One of my friends suggested I watch Logan at some point, and I might. It would be a pity to end this marathon off on only negatives.

It wasn't my first time, but I saw End of Eva in theaters yesterday! It was amazing to experience it on the big screen. ^^

Last movie I saw was Gravity. I think that's it's name, anyways. Saw it on the plane with my sibling and oh my god, that movie is so stressful.

I totally forgot to give my thoughts on the latest Kong x Godzilla movie.

It was good. Not great, but good. The story was cheesy compared to the previous films, but at least the fight sequences were well done. I found it a bit ridiculous that Kong had his arm frozen from a battle and they just so happened to have a prototype arm binder-device available that essentially makes him stronger. Where was this previously mentioned? I'm not entirely sure. There were also no fight sequences taking place near Japan; most of the action took place in Middle Earth. Also, Godzilla didn't get as much screen time as Kong did, as I heard that this was originally going to be a Kong-only movie before it was retooled to have Godzilla and some of his enemies/allies.

If there's another Kong x Godzilla movie (which I assume there would be in another 5 years or so), it should be focused more on Godzilla's problems this time. Toei in Japan did their newest film version and it got rave reviews, so we'll see what Warner shows us next.

Movies aren’t usually my jam unless they intrigue me in some way. The last film I watched was Wish, and that was about 4 months ago by now. It was supposed to be the culmination of Disney’s centennial celebrations but then the critics didn't like the movie and that almost kept me from watching it. But I did, and I thought it was alright. Star is adorable with its magical ball of yarn. I didn't like the direction they took with the main villain, though.

Back