when are you planning to start playing?

I hope to at least get thru the tutorial part as soon as my digital copy unlocks at just after midnight on the 20th.

Gonna pick it up at GameStop after work, drive straight home, and play it all weekend.

I'm going to play it around 6am. :blush:

I was going to play at night but I personally want to take loads of screenshots and would prefer a sunny morning to really capture that island-life feel!

Im working a half day from home on Friday, then I have to go all the way to work to pick up my pre-order (it's being sent there), then to my boyfriends flat where we will have our AC release party weekend together, so probably not until around 3pm GMT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope i don't catch the virus on the way there :mad:

Sometime in the morning after we pick up the physical copy for my husband. Maybe. I want to have breakfast first and make sure we know what we are doing for food. I would also like to make onion soup, so we might go shopping so I can make it while I play.

i loved 5 centimeters per second by the way! lovely movie. anyway, i intended to play it as soon as i got around 9PM on thursday, but after seeing lots of gamestop are not doing midnight releases.. it's seems unlikely. i'll probably have to wait till i pick it up on friday whenever i happen to go :'~(

As early as I can pick it up March 20th :) If I can't pick it up due to Corona reasons I'll get the digital version instead

Amazon will most likely deliver it around 2 pm (unfortunately). But I’ll be able to get some school done before that

I was originally planning on starting my island sometime on Saturday (probably Saturday afternoon), but at this point, I may need to wait until some of the coronavirus situation blows over. I'm shipping my copy to the location I was planning on traveling to this weekend, but now I may not be able to travel. Moreover, I don't know what other restrictions could be put into place nearby, and whether there will be any issues with deliveries in general (which is part of why I haven't changed the shipping on my preorder).

I'm disappointed, as I joined this community in part to build my ACNH hype and get ready to dive into the new game at launch. But with the ever-changing COVID-19 situation where I live, I'm just taking things one day at a time right now. I guess I could get a digital copy, but since I still want my physical copy (and my preorder bonus), I'll probably just wait. Hopefully I won't have to miss the Easter event, but I guess if things get pushed back that far, I'll deal with it. At least hopefully it won't be too hard to find people willing to give me different types of fruit once we're a little ways past launch!

It depends, I may take my switch to work to start playing or wait until my day off if I last that long lol

I was planning on start friday March 20th at around 3pm EST, but I just got my copy earlier today, soooooooooo exciting!!! first day and I already love this game more than ever. IMG_0080.jpg

Last edited:
If my pre-order doesn't ship by today, depending on where it's coming from I may have to just double dip and buy the digital copy. Which means when the physical copy arrives, it probably won't be used most likely but at least I'll get the pre-order bonus item. It's a shame, but it's understandable given the circumstances.

Back