• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Which flowers do you use the most for decoration?

Which flower do you use the most for decoration?

• Cosmos

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Hyacinths

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Lillies

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Moms

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Pansies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Roses

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Tulips

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Windflowers

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

mangoseason

drink water
Bells
I'm a new player (started on 23 June) and I'm still in that stage of brainstorming what to do with my island
I like to have a colour scheme and stick to it.
For example, when I played ACNL I only had black, white and purple flowers.
That said, I do like to grow hybrids for fun and give them to people who want them.

So that got me thinking, which flowers do people use the most for decorating their island?

My native flower is pansies but I think I'll probably end up using mostly white cosmos and possibly tulips and hyacinths.

What about you guys? What flowers do you like to use the most?

I seem to be using a lot of Tulips and Roses. Different colors in different places, and I like to mix both in places, using them like a different 'texture' so it isn't just different colors.

I haven’t decided what to do with my flowers yet. I have white lilies in one area, black cosmos and black lilies in that same area. In another area i have mums, hyacinths (not 100% sure what colors they are offhand). Another area, I have yellow flowers of a few types in another area (not sure which ones: rose, mum, and maybe some lilies); these are in a temporary spot until I get more decorated. The rest are on my beaches. I’ve been using flowers based on the theme of the area. Like the yellow flowers I want to plant in my rural area which is based on La Mancha from Don Quixote; the novel’s setting is Spain so I tried to pick flowers that could be found there. Another area is based on Wano from One Piece, so I pick flowers that can be found in Japan (or tried to come as close as possible).

I use lilies and mums the most but I recently added hyacinths for height variation. I stuck with orange, purple, green and white for my colors.

EsY0jg8U0AA4Rt0

My island has a rose themed path so my entrance and important areas have roses but smaller areas have a bit of everything.

i only use white flowers because imo they look the best in-game. my favorites to use are the white cosmos, white hyacinths, white pansies, and white windflowers (the last one really only because my island is named windfall lol). i also like using the lily of the valley flowers (my fave flower irl) in some areas i really like.

I use the green mums the absolute most, because green is my favorite color and I love when the plants on my island are super bright green and glowing in the summertime. Then I use pink and orange hyacinths as accents throughout my island. In the beginning, I didn’t like the shape of the hyacinths so I rarely used them, but I wanted to add flowers that were pastel orange and pink. I felt like the other flower breeds I liked (tulips, cosmos, lilies) were way too bold when they were pink or orange, so that’s why I settled on the hyacinth hybrids. Tt was more about color than shape for me, since I have a natural, spring island and I wanted to keep everything looking light and sweet.

hyacinths because they seem the most natural to me and they work well to break up the height of the gardens a bit. the hybrids are beautiful also. i have a small bamboo island in the center of my island that has only blue hyacinths

I use only blue, white, and green flowers. I also don’t use the lilies, tulips, or cosmos, I love them but their whites don’t really fit and they don’t have blues or greens.

i honestly use all flowers and colours (except dark ones) when decorating as i like to have variation, but i tend to use cosmos and tulips more frequently than the others as they’re my favourites. 😅

I use most flowers! My favourites are definitely cosmos’ and the orange pansies. I like to use particular colours together, but still use a variety of flower types.

During Bunny Day it was soft colours/pastels (blue, white and purple hyacinths) and vibrant pink/yellow tulips.

In my forest it's orange and colours near orange on the colour wheel. It's currently a snowy winter, so the pictures aren't as nice as they'd look in summer.

Forest
2021070520071400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Poppy's house
Internet_20210705_200607_4.jpeg

Patty's house has a random assortment of vibrant colours, because she's random and vibrant.
Internet_20210705_200607_3.jpeg

Pink path lining
Internet_20210705_200607_2.jpeg

Filling in some random gaps with a red/pink and a purple area. 🤷‍♀️
Internet_20210705_200607_1.jpeg

I steer pretty clear of blue flowers, because they feel a bit out of place for me. I'm also not a fan of lillies. You'll find both of them on my island somewhere though. 😊

I use blue windflowers, mostly because blue roses are rare to obtain. I originally thought of using blue roses to go with my island. But I decided to use blue windflowers instead after seeing how rare getting blue roses is.
25DBA8FC-D99D-4C23-9211-743B489D9D8C.jpeg

I use almost all flower types around the island and stick to certain colour schemes, but my favourite to use is the hyacinth. It just feels like it has a nice "height" to it, so I like to decorate the cliff edges with them. If I'm decorating around a villager's house, I will pair a flower that goes well with their house exterior. I also pair green mums with almost everything if I'm mixing and matching colours. Green mums (and mums in general) look nice with weeds. Here are some pictures of my larger areas with specific colour schemes:

E5hymExVIAkhqof

blue/greens for my nature trail and orange trees

E5hymE4UcAU3Jzu

Yellow/green for my river walk

E5hymEzVEAI3QjV

Black for my graveyard/ village

E5hymExVEAgPig7

Orange for my hyacinth field.

I don't use any white mums, orange lilies, and most roses. I don't like the shape of the rose. I also dislike the orange and pink cosmos as they are a bit too saturated for my liking.

Back