Which TBT April Fool's events did you get to experience?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
Opalescent Crystal
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Bloom
Blue Rosewater Potion
Opalescent Crystal
So I was kind of curious if anyone basically have fondness over the numerous April fool's event that TBT has held over the years.

Mine is basically back when TBT is converted to a Kirby forum and that's the best April Fool's event for me (Splatoon themed April fool's when?).I also get to experience the NFTurnips April Fool's event. But it's basically just me drawing turnip "jumpscares".

Which April Fool's event throughout the years is your favorite and which ones you've remember experiencing in your time here?

I joined in 2023 and this is the first April Fool's event I've gotten to experience onsite, but I think it's a good one nonetheless.

I don't remember the April Fools events that happened in 2014-2016, but I do remember these:
  • 2017's Flea Prank
  • 2018's Easter Egg Hunt with the Joke Eggs (Starpower Easter Egg, my beloved! ❤️
    1617348272114_28x28.png
    ❤️)
  • 2019's "Bell Boom" Week
  • 2020's Toilet Paper Prank
  • 2021's "Dark Mode"
  • 2022's Kirby Prank
  • 2023's Turnip NFT (I wish I actually bought that turnip, but I was being too stubborn in not having my avatar change to a turnip...)
  • And of course, 2024's Time Travel Prank
My most favorite one being this year of course.

I was around for 2020’s toilet paper roll collectible takeover, 2021’s dark theme, 2022’s Kirby forum, 2023’s N.F.T. and ofc, this year’s time portal tragedy!

My favourite so far is definitely this year’s as well! I’ve talked about this a bit already before, but I’ve been struggling a lot with nostalgia and letting go of the past a lot these past couple years. Getting older and coming to terms with the fact that change is inevitable and nothing is the same as it was has been hard lol

For me, logging on today to see the old vBulletin layout and graphics, 6x2 lineups and references to the 2010’s was, on one hand, nostalgically painful. It was a reminder and reflection of how much has changed (both for good & for bad) over the last decade, and how nothing will ever be the same as it was then again. But on the other hand, it’s been so fun and honestly has made me happy! It’s sad that I apparently didn’t retain any memories of TBT from 2014-2016 aside from the 2016 fair layout, but it’s been so fun seeing past references to the 2010’s and old TBT events! It’s also been fun (albeit a bit cringe at times lol) to see people change their aesthetics to ones they had/would’ve had in the 2010’s! Getting to see the old TBT 2.0 layout has also been a delight, though I’m kinda bummed that the old villager avatars didn’t make a comeback as well!
IMG_6974.png
IMG_6975.png
IMG_6976.png

The blasts from the past have been bittersweet, and of course my heart still aches that the 2010’s and its era is well over, but it’s also been a reminder of all the good times ahead! So heartwarming to see snapshots of moments of TBT’s history in its 20th year, I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year has in store!

Second favourite event definitely has to be last year’s N.F.T., followed by the Kirby forum! Goofing around with everyone last year to earn BTC was one of the most fun times I’ve had on the forums, and all of the turnip avatars were so fun and silly! The Kirby forums was adorable; it was fun to have Kirby collectibles for a while!

Last edited:
I only got to experience this one, since I joined mid-April of last year, but I don't mind.

This is the best April Fools event ever!

I joined the forum March 2020 and get to experience the joys and horrors of each April Fool's event every year since then.

Been here since 2017 but only experienced 3 April Fools events:

- Kirby (first one I can remember experiencing)
- Non-Fungible Turnips (was super sick at the time but this event turned a bad night/day into a good memory)
- This years' April Fools event!

I love April fools events!!!!! I joined here in 2020 but I had missed that years event.

I took part in:
  • Dark Mode in 2021
  • Kirby's Takeover 2022
  • Turnip NFT 2023
  • Time Travel 2024
I found the 2021 dark mode one very funny my poor eyes are still sore from that event haha.
My favourite April fools event is the turnip NFT event by far that was so much fun to participate in.

I participated in all except the 2017 one as far as I'm aware! At least I don't think there were any before that??
My favourite was probably last years turnip NFT event, just messing around in the blockchain, staying up way later than I should laughing with everyone, but I also have very fond memories of the 2019 bell boom, and I love this years!
I always look forward to the April Fools event though, they're so much fun and I appreciate the effort the staff go to to make us laugh and mess around for a day 💚

Post automatically merged:

For me, logging on today to see the old vBulletin layout and graphics, 6x2 lineups and references to the 2010’s was, on one hand, nostalgically painful. It was a reminder and reflection of how much has changed (both for good & for bad) over the last decade, and how nothing will ever be the same as it was then again. But on the other hand, it’s been so fun and honestly has made me happy! It’s sad that I apparently didn’t retain any memories of TBT from 2014-2016 aside from the 2016 fair layout, but it’s been so fun seeing past references to the 2010’s and old TBT events! It’s also been fun (albeit a bit cringe at times lol) to see people change their aesthetics to ones they had/would’ve had in the 2010’s! Getting to see the old TBT 2.0 layout has also been a delight, though I’m kinda bummed that the old villager avatars didn’t make a comeback as well!
Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about the old villager avatars?? 😭 Now that's a nostalgic punch in the face

This is my first one. Made sure to participate with this lovely signature I made, hehehe.... 😈 Someone get this filthy pacifier outta my mouth! I've had my ninis 💤 and I'm fully awake now! 😠💢

I’ve been around for
  • 2021's "Dark Mode" (it’s so blinding)
  • 2022's Kirby Prank (I loved being a Kirby forum)
  • 2023's Turnip NFT (wild times I tell ya)
  • And 2024's Time Travel Prank (I’m a huge fan)
I’m a staunch believer that everyone who was here in March-May/June 2020 should get a honorary roll of TP to symbolize the TP crisis of 2020. I’ve never wanted TP so badly.

I experienced these pranks:
  • The Flea Infestation
  • Easter Fools
  • False Bell Boom Week
  • Time Paradox

I remember the toilet paper prank. It was super cute and fitting for the time when everyone thought toilet paper was worth the cost of diamonds.

I joined February 2020, and I think I saw bits of each April fools events since then. But my favorite is by far the turnip NFT event. And it was after that event that I decided to start slowly building a collectible line up that looked glitchy and fun to display for April fools times.
It was fun, seemed random, and was still small.

Been around the block since 2016 but the ones I've experienced are as follows:

😎 April 2021 Dark Mode - we all needed eye exams after that one lol

👄 April 2022 Kirby Forum - in which Kirby om nom nom'd everything, from lineups to avatars. Nothing was safe.

🥕 April 2023 Turnip NFT - while I was here for this one and witnessed the chaos with my own eyes, I didn't exactly participate in much at all due to being busy at the time, so I missed out on quite a bit of the fun and the Golden Turnip.

🕔 April 2024 Time Portal Tragedy - a blast from the past, a trip down memory lane, and all that good stuff. Wacky, silly time travel shenanigans at its best. Can anyone say, "Back to the Future?" Talk about "A Link to the Past"

Can't wait to see what staff brew up next year 2025, fufufufu~ I always say, it's nice when staff go all out and have fun, too.

i joined in 2019 but i missed april fools by a few weeks, i don't at all remember the 2020 toilet paper prank or the 2021 dark mode. i only remember kirby, turnips, and of course this year's event. i probably did experience 2020 and 2021 events but i forgor 💀

1712095311431.png

- 2019 bell boom/bel stealing week. that was funny but god was it a chore to constantly clean out my mailbox from all the bel-stealing. thank goodness that we just get notifications when someone interacts with our content now instead lol.
- 2022 kirby forums, which honestly i thought made the forum look much cuter lol. it was so pink lol i loved it.
- 2023 turnip nft mining. i had WAYYY too much fun with this. i was so busy mining, i missed my college admission letter coming in and didn't check it until two days after the event.
- and of course, the 2024 time portal tragedy! i really like all the different banners and i can even recognize some of them!! i also like how everyone's avatar changes according to the year they get blasted to, although it seems like im perpetually stuck on the switch lol. i wanna go to the future!!

i sort of remember a toilet paper collectible from 2020 but i remember absolutely nothing from 2021 lol. mostly because i was too angsty to do anything back then lol.

i think this one is the first one i've actually participated in? but i remember the kirby one too. not many others.

Only this one. I can’t wait for the next one, this was amazing!

I've only been around for 3 April Fools' Day events: 2021 ("dark" mode), 2022 (Kirby), and this year's event, though I'm fortunate to have the NFT from last year's April Fools' event even if I wasn't around for it. I'd say this year's event has been my favorite! It's been a fun throwback to the older TBT days and just older internet culture in general, and I'm glad I was able to participate in it in my own way with the sig/avatar/title change (which definitely aren't seeing the light of day again after this, lmao)!

Back