• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia 1984 Mafia: TOWN WINS!

I just had it explained to me. Apparently a person named "Oath2Order" used to claim one-shot vig a lot. With really big and obnoxious text. It's sort of devolved to the point where people will randomly post it in mafia threads. xD (Oath2Order is apparently banned right now I think?)

- - - Post Merge - - -

At least I assume his name was Oath2Order

This will like be one of if not my last post since it's Canadian Thanksgiving so I've been busy a lot of the weekend and will be gone all day tomorrow.
Now, the lack of post in thread says... I'm going to guess, Panda, she's been PMing you. In which case, return to my point about how open discussion is bad for town. It's the easiest way for mafia to create intimacy and therefore establish allies.
There's three people left. Two town, one mafia. What's the point in posting in the thread versus PM?
1. Labelle is scummy because they supported Slammint and was townread without ever properly interacting.
This point is ridiculous. So anyone that gets town-read by scum is scum? Did this not already get disproven by Kat getting lynched?
2. Because they are favouring private communication and intimacy with players rather than public discourse. Therefore they're going based on alliances forged in private.
See above. Why would I disclose information in the thread where mafia can see it when it?s literally you and Panda left?
3. THEIR REACTION TO ALMOST BEING LYNCHED. When it caught them by surprise they were literally acting like it was the end of the game. There was two Mislynches at that stage, but Labelle was literally acting like it was the end of the game. Compare it to when she was almost lynched yesterday. Given more time to prepare it's a very casual response. Also supports my talk about public discourse and then apparently completely ignores it today.
Context: I was still feeling sick, took a nap, woke up a half-hour before night post to see I was the one being lynched. Yes, there were two mislynches left, but:
  • I would much rather work to lynch scum than waste precious mislynches.
  • I?m sorry, but I?m not a martyr. I?m not going to just sit back and let myself get lynched. It?s rare where having town be lynched puts town in a better position than before, and this wasn?t one of those times.
Also, for the record, I agree about public discourse, but not when it comes down to the last few people and the pool of possible mafians is small and there are confirmed town (i.e., Daniel). In that case, why would you post information that could help mafia publicly?
4. They've townread me the entire game, except they've always left openings for being able to turn around and be like "I scumread you.?
Honestly Ender, if it wasn?t down to us three, I?d still be town-reading you. I?ve town-read you the entire game save some confusion N2. I trust Panda & seeing your play last game, I have no doubt you?re skilled at being scum. It?s just process of elimination, like you used on me D3 - Panda is town, I?m town, therefore you must be scum.
5. She basically immediately jumped on the chance to scumread Panda when I suggested it in PM.
To clear this up for you, Panda - there was confusion surrounding who was the target D3 right before the lynch - Ender or Kat. I sent Ender the PMs you?d sent me to show Ender that we?d never made a clear plan to go after him. We?d discussed it, but never made a plan since I was so unsure - it was up in the air at that point, until I made my case on Kat. He came back with:
EnderWiggin said:
Is it odd that I'm suddenly concerned Panda has been playing us and I've completely townread her despite her being scum?
So Ender was actually the first one to jump on you.
6. Her case against Kat was full of holes. Kat even outlined half of them.
Looking back, her post does hold some water but I haven?t had the time or the inclination to look back and really analyze it since A. She?s dead and B. You?re the only one left to be scum so why even bother.
Interestingly worded. Funny thing that she's buddied up to Daniel, except no it isn't. Daniel PMed her that he was Detective on daystart and she's basically just buddied up to the Power-role.
I did no such thing. Daniel was the one to PM me first. Daniel explicitly stated he would vote with me. PM quote:
Call me Daniel said:
I wanted to know who you want to vote for, I'll back up your vote and panda also is susipious of ender.
Second time that the ALMOST lynches have effected her strongly.

The question is: Why do they effect her so if she's town? As scum, of course almost losing the game would be a big deal.
Why do you keep drilling this point? I've already explained myself. Not sure what the ideal reaction would've been for you - lying down and accepting death?

Also, hi Ashton. I was just thinking the other day how there wasn't very much ****-posting this game.

This will like be one of if not my last post since it's Canadian Thanksgiving so I've been busy a lot of the weekend and will be gone all day tomorrow.

Enjoy thanksgiving! :D

There's three people left. Two town, one mafia. What's the point in posting in the thread versus PM?
What's the point of PMing? Mafia get more out of PMing vs public posting because it's a lot easier to convince someone when the other person isn't able to read and make counterpoints. And it's a lot easier to talk bull**** without being called out on it.

This point is ridiculous. So anyone that gets town-read by scum is scum? Did this not already get disproven by Kat getting lynched?
You're taking my words out of context to make a joke of them, just like you did Sarasa.
@Panda: Labelle supported Slammint by attacking people who seriously pushed on Slammint, and Slammint townread them without ever directly interacting with them, compared to the townread on Sarasa which happened after Sarasa and Slammint had interacted a lot

Just to clarify why Labelle's counterpoint is utter rubbish.

Context: I was still feeling sick, took a nap, woke up a half-hour before night post to see I was the one being lynched. Yes, there were two mislynches left, but:
  • I would much rather work to lynch scum than waste precious mislynches.
  • I?m sorry, but I?m not a martyr. I?m not going to just sit back and let myself get lynched. It?s rare where having town be lynched puts town in a better position than before, and this wasn?t one of those times.
Also, for the record, I agree about public discourse, but not when it comes down to the last few people and the pool of possible mafians is small and there are confirmed town (i.e., Daniel). In that case, why would you post information that could help mafia publicly?
How does talking publicly help scum? Private conversation is better for scum because the party they are accusing cannot defend themselves. As I've said.

Also, argument re: I don't like to be lynched. Interesting then that previous game you hardly over-reacted when I lynched you.

To clear this up for you, Panda - there was confusion surrounding who was the target D3 right before the lynch - Ender or Kat. I sent Ender the PMs you?d sent me to show Ender that we?d never made a clear plan to go after him. We?d discussed it, but never made a plan since I was so unsure - it was up in the air at that point, until I made my case on Kat. He came back with:So Ender was actually the first one to jump on you.
Ah, but here's the thing, I have always said I was the first one to jump on you. The point is that I admitted so publicly, your response however was odd. Let me illustrate:

Me in thread after that PM:
That moment when I'm suddenly really suspicious I've townread scum all game.

Sarasa responds:
If that's true, I will **** a brick.

Labelle quotes Sarasa:

So Labelle is finding it hard to believe that Panda is scum in thread, and yet privately says they could see it.

Also says very shortly afterwards:
Think about it, though. If Panda was mafia, they'd know that both Kat & I are town. So why bother switching votes last minute?

So, the big difference is that I'm very openly suspecting Panda at that point, where Labelle privately says she could see it and publicly defends her. Why would Labelle publicly defend Panda while privately admitting it? So that she has an out either way for suspecting Panda if Panda proves to be difficult to sway.

Looking back, her post does hold some water but I haven?t had the time or the inclination to look back and really analyze it since A. She?s dead and B. You?re the only one left to be scum so why even bother.
Yes, let's ignore the post that PULLS APART YOUR ARGUMENT. Why would we analyse it? Because it's a proven town, pulling apart the argument you used to get her lynched. Why is that a big thing? Because that's basically admitting you had no real logic.

@Panda Are you seeing this? How are you supporting Labelle with this argument.

I did no such thing. Daniel was the one to PM me first. Daniel explicitly stated he would vote with me. PM quote:
I said Daniel pmed you first. Please read before you try to argue I'm wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seriously, Panda. Tell me why you're voting for me and it better not be "I feel like you're scum." Tell me why Labelle is town over me. I'm not losing this game after coming close to winning two days in a row.

I just had it explained to me. Apparently a person named "Oath2Order" used to claim one-shot vig a lot. With really big and obnoxious text. It's sort of devolved to the point where people will randomly post it in mafia threads. xD (Oath2Order is apparently banned right now I think?)

- - - Post Merge - - -

At least I assume his name was Oath2Order

more like oath2burgerking lel

@LaBelle..... i know I've scum read Ender pretty often but im sorry to say that the evidence points towards you.... i uno you are at Thanksgiving dinner.... happy thanks giving btw and you might now get much of a chance to respond but if you do please do it in this thread i don't want to have PM's anymore i think the three of us needs to have this open conversation in the thread...

@LaBelle..... i know I've scum read Ender pretty often but im sorry to say that the evidence points towards you.... i uno you are at Thanksgiving dinner.... happy thanks giving btw and you might now get much of a chance to respond but if you do please do it in this thread i don't want to have PM's anymore i think the three of us needs to have this open conversation in the thread...

ur avatar is inappropriate u might get banned

At this rate it doesn't look like I'm going to be back in time to discuss before lynch, Panda. :( (Hiding right now to check on this LOL.)
I just really hope you reconsider. Trust your suspicions, and don't let either of us influence your decision.

I didn't fight this hard the past two days for mafia to win.

of course you would that hard to win for mafia to win if you were mafia that doesn't make any sense

- - - Post Merge - - -

fight *

The fact that she's reverting to "Trust your suspicions" just proves she doesn't really have any sort of counter-argument.

ehhhh.... 40 more minutes... i just wanna see the end already... and learn from my first game of mafia... Ender is the other game still open for sign ups i just posted in there.

I don't have a counter-arguement. I've said several times now that I've town-read you almost the entire game. But I believe 100% that Panda is town, and I know I'm town Mr. Charrington to be exact, a townie). Therefore, the only conclusion is that you're scum.

Also, I'm not 'reverting' to anything. I told've Daniel & Panda both to follow through on their suspicions earlier in the game.

P.S.: I'm on my way home so I'm doing my best to be around until I start to get carsick from being on my phone. :p

Mr. Charrington.... who are you Ender ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

ENDER !?!?!?!?!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does the character name even matter ?

It's not really viable to take any stock in the name. It's more about time taken to share or refusal to share. At this point, if he's really town, he should have no problem sharing his role. If he doesn't, or takes a long time to post it, it's not a stretch to assume he's scrambling to get a fakeclaim, i.e. a fake town role a mafian claims to avoid detection.

you know what i just thought of.... if Labelle was mafia gf and Daniel got a innocent read on her and he really really trusted in her why was he killed the next night... wouldn't it have been not in her best interest to kill the one person that was for sure on her side ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've changed my vote and thats where its staying sorry Ender I've wanted to lynch you all game from D1 I've had a sus read on you for some reason like I've said before this is my first ever mafia game I've found it very fun and at times difficult... but i just wanna take this experience and grow from it become a better mafia player... now this hurry up and end this thing i wanna go to target and get a pack of animal crossing amigo cards !

- - - Post Merge - - -

its done its over.

It's not really viable to take any stock in the name. It's more about time taken to share or refusal to share. At this point, if he's really town, he should have no problem sharing his role. If he doesn't, or takes a long time to post it, it's not a stretch to assume he's scrambling to get a fakeclaim, i.e. a fake town role a mafian claims to avoid detection.

Or I was actually busy ya know. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Meh. I guess the perfect time to crash out with a headache screwed me in the end.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you know what i just thought of.... if Labelle was mafia gf and Daniel got a innocent read on her and he really really trusted in her why was he killed the next night... wouldn't it have been not in her best interest to kill the one person that was for sure on her side ?

Nah because then Daniel thinks "Why wasn't I killed when I was the clear".

Also 3 unclears is better than 2.

Back