2024 releases you're looking forward to?

I'm most excited for the Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remake and Princess Peach: Showtime! I never played the original Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, or any Paper Mario game for that matter, so I'm excited to give it a try.

Aside from those, some other games I'm looking forward to coming out this year and/or being released on the Switch are Snacko, Coral Island, SPY×ANYA: Operation Memories, Moonstone Island, and FANTASY LIFE i: The Girl Who Steals Time

Probably the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake. I can't see myself seriously spending money on anything else. I am very particular about what I spend on compared to in the past. My realisation about digital games made me this way now. Anyway...I expect the remake to be at least in the same style as recent Paper Mario games like Origami King, which is nice so it won't feel too different to me when I play it.

Cat Quest 3 is my most hyped game this year so far. I was addicted to the first two games and this one looks like the biggest and best one yet. Definitely buying it day one on Steam.

Ys X’s western release has me hyped too. The game looks much better than the previous one and I’m looking forward to exploring all of the islands.

Lastly I’m hyped for the long awaited sequel to Fantasy Life. I thought the series was dead for good with the 3DS original, but after a decade we’re finally getting another one.

I'm in the same camp as @~Kilza~ in that nothing is calling to me right now. I'd probably be excited about FFVII: Rebirth and FFXIV: Dawntrail if I'd finished the previous game/expansion yet. At this rate neither are games I'm excited enough about to commit to wanting to pick up at launch (or even this year).

Praying for a Dynasty Warriors 10 announcement in 2024. 🙏
Six months later this is still accurate. I've been using this time to work through my Pokémon backlog. And hey we just got the Dynasty Warriors Origins announcement!

am looking forward to:

- lost records: bloom and rage
- (this year in my dreams) haunted chocolatier
- banishers: ghosts of new eden - the reveal at the 2022 game awards was pretty cool
- the plucky squire
- pragmata
- final fantasy 7 rebirth

everything is basically a maybe other than haunted chocolatier and lost records. they're a bit higher than a maybe

my interest for everything other than the first two titles has basically gone. updated list of what i'm hyped for to release this year:

- lost records: bloom & rage
- life is strange: double exposure
- fruitbus
- valley peaks
- haunted chocolatier (dreams)
- until dawn remake (potential interest)
- until then (potential interest)

Last edited:
This most likely isn’t surprising, but the Sonic Generations remake. It comes out a while after my birthday, so I’m probably going to get it then (but it also might not be a good idea to buy it so early considering how glitchy Sonic games are on Switch on release. I could also get it on Xbox).

Also, I’m not sure if I’ll play it, but Haunted Chocolatier. It seems interesting.

I think the game I'm most looking forward to this year is The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom. I'm also excited for Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, amd Call of Duty: Black Ops 6. However, I'm very hesitant about Black Ops 6, given the current state of Call of Duty and the fact the game is over 300 gbs. Jesus!

Update: now I’m also super excited for the new Mario and Luigi game, The Legend of Link, and maybe the new Mario Party.

Hoping that FFVII Rebirth gets released on PC soon. FFXIV Dawntrail is coming out very soon (or has already come out?) but I am not subscribed to FFXIV for the time being due to me moving and needing to save money. =(

TTYD remake is great!

Otherwise, IDK. The Pokemon Legends game is my most hyped from Nintendo going forward, but is it a 2025 release? I forget. lol. Lots on my mind.

Back