• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

2D or 3D?

I generally play in 3D, but if I'm on a bug hunt on the island - which takes me around an hour - then I'll switch to 2D.

I use it only when I'm taking a screenshot. It gives me a headache after looking at it for more then ten minutes. XD

Admittedly the 3D in AC looks great, but I can't use it for more than a few minutes before my eyes hurt. I leave it on 2D all the time.

I'm at least glad i'm not alone.

2D.

I have issues with the screen ghosting. Also feel sick if I play in 3D for more than 10 minutes.

I must be strange - I play in 2D usually unless Katrina is in my town, then I switch it to 3D to enjoy the fun fortune telling cut-scene :')

2D, my brother thinks I'm crazy but I get a really bad headache from 3d
I can't even have it on for more then a few seconds

I can't play it on 2D due to my atrocious eyesight and the strength of my prescription. I usually play hand-held video games without my glasses anyway but even with that, I can't use 3D for the life of me. I don't think it's possible to make my prescription any worse, but hey, you never know!

I usually play 2D, but sometimes I switch to 3D when I feel like it

I mostly play in 2D but sometimes I'll play for a while in 3D.

To be honest the lack of a camera while you're in town makes the 3D almost useless. It doesn't show depth as well as it could if you could keep the camera more on your level, like when you zoom in inside buildings. I do use it though for its "HD". (It gives a bit of a crisper effect to the game)

I think I may be the first one to say that I play this game on 3D all the time! I tried playing it in 2D mode, but i don't find that as engaging... I don't know, there's something about the 3D that just captivates me. It makes me feel more drawn into the world, as opposed to making me feel like I'm playing a video game.

I take my 3DS with me to school, and I'll play anywhere between half an hour to two hours, depending how busy I am between classes, and I always get home with more than half of my charge left. Maybe I should experiment how long I can last with the 3D off. I usually play with the brightness set to 3 or 4 with power-saving mode on.

I always play 2d the 3d hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. i'm so thankful you can turn it off.

3D don?t hurt my eyes at all, but the fact that I have to sit in a perfect position is not worth it for me, I do turn it on every now and then because it?s awesome though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I may be the first one to say that I play this game on 3D all the time! I tried playing it in 2D mode, but i don't find that as engaging... I don't know, there's something about the 3D that just captivates me. It makes me feel more drawn into the world, as opposed to making me feel like I'm playing a video game.

I take my 3DS with me to school, and I'll play anywhere between half an hour to two hours, depending how busy I am between classes, and I always get home with more than half of my charge left. Maybe I should experiment how long I can last with the 3D off. I usually play with the brightness set to 3 or 4 with power-saving mode on.

When I play games in 3D it feels like I?m watching through a window into the game, instead of watching a screen, also in Mario kart 7 the power ups always seem like they?re gonna fly in my face, it?s awesome xD

2D all the way. The 3D hurts my eyes and gets unbearable after less than a minute of playing.

I play 3D all the time unless the battery's low or I'm on the go. 3D never really hurt my eyes and I can see clearly in 3D.

I play in 2D as well, because it gives me a headache after a few minutes and the battery drains a lot quicker.

I occasionally use 3D, though, as it's pretty good.

I use the game in 2D all the time as I have bad eyesight with no prescription glasses to wear to correct it. So the 3D pretty much doesn't work on me because the screen takes it for granted that everybody's focal point is in the same place. >_<

Back