• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

3DS Coins

I've heard the average person walks (more or less) 10,000 steps a day.
...not me. :blush:

I'll carry my XL in my purse when I'm oot and aboot, but I find it too difficult to carry it in my hand or something while doing exercises like using the treadmill/Wii Fit/Just Dance/etc. and I'm scared of it being unprotected outside.

I do, however, find it quite effective to have a nice walk around the kitchen. Lol!
Then I'm definitely not an average person, either! On a normal school day, I believe I get anywhere between 3,000-4,000 steps. I thought 10,000 steps was what a person 'needs' to stay healthy actually, but I could be wrong about that.

Haha, just have several nice walks around the kitchen then! As for it being unprotected outside, I'm assuming you mean you don't have a case for it or anything? Or are you just wary of robbers and stuff?

I think my 3DS case shields the 3DS from movement too much. Whenever it's in the case and in sleep mode, it never registers any steps. It only registers steps when I have it out of the case. I learned this recently when I realized I was having pretty much no steps accumulating even though I was taking the 3DS around with me. :(

I only have 30-something coins saved up right now. I'll try to get more before I get the game. But considering you can only buy up to 2 cookies a day, it's easy to just walk around the block (WITHOUT CASE!) or shake the 3DS for a bit to get the 400 steps needed.

I think my 3DS case shields the 3DS from movement too much. Whenever it's in the case and in sleep mode, it never registers any steps. It only registers steps when I have it out of the case. I learned this recently when I realized I was having pretty much no steps accumulating even though I was taking the 3DS around with me. :(

I only have 30-something coins saved up right now. I'll try to get more before I get the game. But considering you can only buy up to 2 cookies a day, it's easy to just walk around the block (WITHOUT CASE!) or shake the 3DS for a bit to get the 400 steps needed.
Ah, that's really unfortunate. What kind of case do you have? I use this one for my orginal 3DS, and it's been counting steps just fine this past year or so while I've had it in my bag.

Just recently got my XL and bought a different kind of case for it, but I've yet to take it outside (haven't done a system transfer yet), so I'll have to see how that goes.

Haha, just have several nice walks around the kitchen then! As for it being unprotected outside, I'm assuming you mean you don't have a case for it or anything? Or are you just wary of robbers and stuff?

I have a Hello Kitty tote case I use, and I can always throw the DS in my purse or a clutch, but, I'd still be afraid of dropping it on the street while walking my dog around the neighborhood. I don't mind carrying it my bag, but that's uncomfortable doing certain activities. I'm not wearing a fanny pack! :rolleyes: It was already 3 years old, but I shattered my iPhone screen a few days ago when it got smashed up against my DS in my bag. I'm being extra careful with my electronics at the moment... heh.

I have some issues with it if it's buried deep in a big bag. I try to keep it as close to me as possible. Still, it only registers half of my steps most of the time. As long as I get my 1,000, though, I don't really care.

My poor sister is in a walking boot for an ankle problem, and her 3DS hardly registers anything when she's in it. It frustrates her. :p

I haven't had much luck shaking it. Maybe it's just me. *shrug*

I have over 200 saved up too! I know I dont really need a stock pile for when the game comes out since you only need to walk 200-400 steps just to get the cookies, but just for when I have those lazy days where I dont move I like to have back ups. I usually walk 10,000 steps when I go out so 1000 is super easy! sucks they limit 10 a day and 300 total >.>

I have over 200, because I take mine when I go horseback riding (which is at least once a week) and it gets a lot that way. I put it in the saddle bag and while on the trail I can get all of the coins for that day within half an hour. And I'm not even doing walking myself :) I put it in a plastic bag in the saddle bag so that it doesn't get dirt in it, though!

My 3DS comes to work with me and I often put it in my cargo pants pocket if I want to get coins. I work retail and walk about 3.5 miles every day at work, so it doesn't take me very long to get my ten coins. Of course, I'm technically not supposed to wear cargo pants to work...but no one has complained to me yet! I have almost 300 coins now, but I do use a lot of them for puzzle pieces.

Im glad you posted this article, I didnt know about the coins or how they get collected, I better get walking haha!!

I bring mine to work with me for the coins, but I didn't know there was a limit for how many you could spend daily on NL. That's a relief! I was having to use them because I reached my limit, then save again. LOL Good to know, because I'm addicted to Find Mii and I like spending coins on it. :D I didn't know there was a Find Mii II, though! :eek:

I had no idea you could only save 300 coins max, I just assumed it capped at 999. I'm almost at the max; I've got about 272 saved right now (that number is annoying me so I have to make it 280 when I can, haha). I've spent a few coins on the AR card game, Find Mii, and Puzzle Swap but now I'm keeping them all for AC fortune cookies.

I bring mine to work with me for the coins, but I didn't know there was a limit for how many you could spend daily on NL. That's a relief! I was having to use them because I reached my limit, then save again. LOL Good to know, because I'm addicted to Find Mii and I like spending coins on it. :D I didn't know there was a Find Mii II, though! :eek:

IT GETS SO MUCH MORE ADDICTING!

In anticipation of New Leaf, I've got 300 play coins saved up ready to be spent on the fortune cookies.

I just spent 100 on my break and beat Find Mii for the second time. LOL I'm just glad they're free!! I know I'll be addicted to the fortune cookies, too!

I haven't been saving up and all I have is about 30 play coins because I got my 3ds recently.

I just ignore them so I can save them up for ACNL. I have about 150 now. I bring my 3ds everywhere in case of a street pass or just to get coins.

I hate only being able to have 300 coins at a time, I have been saving them up in preparation for new leaf, half the time my 3DS only clocks one step a day, but I have almos got 300. This sucks

I keep my Play Coin count at 290, and I spend any excesses on Puzzle Swap, Streetpass Quest and when that time comes around, Fortune Cookies.

I'm up to 44 today. OK, I know that's pathetic compared to most of you. That's still 10 coins better than I was on Monday (last time I turned on my 3DS). I still have time to get up to 300 coins though before I receive my game in the mail, if I make it a habit to get 10 per day.

Back