• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

An Island Called LaBarre

Island/Town Name
LaBarre
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Hyacinths

MrPicard

Tom Nook Fan
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
3190-4532-7729
Island
LaBarre
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
The museum was updated the day before yesterday, and I paid a visit to Redd's ship. He's too shady for my liking though, I think I'm gonna refrain from buying his "art" for now. Oh and Celia moved in yesterday after I finally got Ricky to leave (sorry, just didn't like him). I haven't played yet today so I haven't seen her new house yet, but I'm sure it's cool. Maybe she'll get along well with Frank, he lives right next to her and he's an eagle as well.

I also had a visitor over for the first time a few days ago. It was really cool, I was able to give her some hybrid flowers that she needed in order to complete a rainbow-colored flower bed.

I don't have any cool pictures for now, I haven't done much terraforming - I'm focusing on getting the villagers I like and on expanding my house (just got a second floor). But, all in good time, all in good time. I'm only getting started with this one.

Nothing new concerning the villagers - Sprocket and Olaf are still not asking for a move and the rest of my little friends are chatty as always.

I finally paid off my loan today - now the one thing that's left to build is a basement for my house and I'll be done. I've also finally asked for a bridge that is going to connect my village with the rest of the island (I like being apart from everyone else, so I moved my house to a place that can only be reached if you climb ladders... twice). I shall perhaps post pictures once the bridge is done.

But, for now, only one more loan to go!

FINALLY managed to get rid of Sprocket. Had a visitor on my campside this morning and was thrilled to see it was Fang. (I love cranky wolves, lol.) Took me about 15 minutes to get him to move in and Sprocket out, but I'm glad I managed. Can't wait for Sprocket to actually leave. Now I only have to get rid of Olaf to make everything perfect, lol.

I've also done a lot of terraforming and path planting. Also sorted out my trees so that the same fruits are in the same area. Took me an entire day. Whoops.

I'm also busy with improving the scenery. I don't think I'll ever get a 5 star rating for my island, but 4 star would be nice. But, eh, 3 star seems to be okay and attractive enough as well, I have an NPC on my island almost daily.

Time for a small update!

Anabelle has left my island. She asked me about leaving three times, and well, I've never been someone who stops people from leaving. She said she wanted to see the world and be famous, and I just couldn't tell her no. So she moved away - and I went island hopping to find a new villager, and guess who I found: Hornsby! He's adorable! He moved in today, and he's still handling his boxes, but I can't wait to talk to him and become friends.

The rest of my island is progressing nicely as well (aside from Olaf STILL being there). Also, I'm almost done with paying off Tom Nook's final loan. After that I shall see about some more bridges and inclines, maybe. I just have so many fruit trees on my island - I wouldn't know where to put things, haha.

I finally did it yesterday (although I don't know how) - LaBarre has now a 5 star rating! I'm kinda proud, I must say. Also, Lolly has moved in. She's so cute! I found her on a mystery island tour. I've also made Rhonda move in for Simon (I got my hands on a few Amiibo cards). She got into a fight with Fang yesterday tho and he was VERY upset about it - Fang is my favorite - so I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep her for very long, lol.

Aside from that, I've also read up a bit about how to create flower hybrids and stuff. I have all sorts of hybrids already since I allowed for flowers to grow all over my island at first and I planted everything here and there and everywhere, but now I want for things to be a bit more orderly. And I want a blue rose. Leave it to me to want the rarest stuff, haha.

Okay, so I did my first time traveling earlier today because someone on Twitter was kind enough to offer me Henry. I know, I know, I'm not the time traveling type, and it gave me so much anxiety that I don't think I'll do it again unless it's absolutely necessary... but it gave me Henry, so I'm really not complaining too much. He's so cute! He's been my dream villager for quite some time now but I never really pursued it until yesterday when I felt like as if I just HAD to have him on my island.

He's already hanging out with Fang now, so I guess those two are going to get along fine. Always nice to have your faves getting along with each other. Also, I haven't had a campsite visitor in ages. I don't know what's going on. I had more visitors when I had a three star island than now that I have a five star island. Weird game mechanics are weird.

Back