• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

A step backward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
I compared some of the screenshots, older and newer ones.
What really caught my eye was that the trees on the photos released September 2011 look completely different than the ones from now. Also, the whole outdoor-world became a lot darker, which makes it look more realistic, but also less AC-like.
Especially the ground texture, which I found nice on the latest screenshots- a whole make-over!

What do you think about this? Switching between the two pictures, I daresay that they could be taken from two different games.

Animal-Crossing-3DS_108478.jpg AC3DSPreview.jpg

animal-crossing.jpg

Last edited:
1st pic: City Folk Engine modified
2nd pic: a completely different game!

But both are taken from trailers for the upcoming 3DS-game. This makes me kind of nervous, haha. They really worked hard on the graphics since the first announcements. I'm not sure if I like the change... since I haven't been aware of that before.

I liked the higher, brighter trees, though. Going to miss them.

I like the newer version far more to be honest.

Also, those screenshots are from 2010 not 2011. These are from 2011:

e32011_6.jpg

e32011_7.jpg

Oh ok, I'm sorry then, I just googled for screenshots from 2011. :/
Still, I think that it's a bit strange, such a development within one game.

To me, the grass looks a lot fuzzier now, and softer too. I don't know how to describe, mut there is a nice effect on it.

The 2nd picture from 2012 looks a bit low quality. That may be the reason it looks a bit blurry.

Still, I think that it's a bit strange, such a development within one game.

You'd be surprised how much a game can change in development. Usually we don't see this from Nintendo as they tend to keep a low timeframe between announcement and release but as we all know that didn't work out for this game. :p

There's already a thread about this, so seriously if you are posting a thread make sure it's not already here.
And I like the newer much better, everything in the new is a TON more AC-Like.

Since the original poster is new, I would suspect that going back three pages is a lot of reading, and therefore she did not know that there was already a thread. Seriously, maybe being a little kinder (emphasis on little, because you really weren't terribly unkind) would be in order, and if you would prefer the older thread (which hasn't been posted on since 8/1), just bump it up and make mention of it. That way, our newbies can feel welcome.

On the topic...I think the newer looks nicer and more polished. It is what I would expect to happen to graphics through the developmentt of the game.

Since the original poster is new, I would suspect that going back three pages is a lot of reading, and therefore she did not know that there was already a thread. Seriously, maybe being a little kinder (emphasis on little, because you really weren't terribly unkind) would be in order, and if you would prefer the older thread (which hasn't been posted on since 8/1), just bump it up and make mention of it. That way, our newbies can feel welcome.

Agreed... I don't understand why there seems to be so much hostility around here lately. It's really unnecessary and certainly doesn't help the forums. The last post in that thread was over a month ago, it's perfectly acceptable to not see it. It's not the end of the world if a duplicate thread is created!

Well it just takes 5 seconds to flip back a few pages and scan the thread titles, that's all you really had to do for a thread like this, if the original thread was named something random, then fine I would understand.

I'm sorry that I opened a thread though there was another, similar one already existing. I'm really not the kind of person who randomly creates new threads or so.

I just thought that I was the first one to notice a difference between the older and the newer photos (well, that was a bit stupid of me), which is the reason why I didn't even looked up if there was such a thread. I really didn't expect it.

I promise that this won't happen again and I would be thankful if someone could close this thread or move it into the other one. :)

Well it just takes 5 seconds to flip back a few pages and scan the thread titles, that's all you really had to do for a thread like this, if the original thread was named something random, then fine I would understand.

There's nothing wrong with making a thread with a similar topic as another. You're making it out to be the end of the world. It's not.

Guess I'll close this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back