• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

About the "release date" page on the blog

JimmyJacobAC

Turned over a New Leaf
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
In the North America spot it says "First Half of 2013" while Reggie already said "early next year" in the October 25th Nintendo Direct. I think that narrows it a bit, cause once you reach 5 months into the year (which is within the first half of the year by the way) you're not really "early" in the year anymore.

That's pretty much my view on it, but I can't say I don't seen Nintendo holding out as long as possible but in a way to still count as 'early'.

Unless the game selling so well in Japan gives them incentive to released it sooner in the US. *winks at NoA*

Please? Pretty Please?

Dont forget about UK too!

We dont want what happened nearly a decade ago!!

If you guys really think Early 2013 is more accurate I will change it but personally there isn't much of a difference between the two. Early 2013 is more vague, first half is definite.

eh i dont really care either way since neither actually say when it will be released
i think its fine til they tell us the release date

Yeah I pretty much have the same feeling as Tsukune when I get down to it.

They can say early, first half, sometime before fall, or anything like that and to be honest I'm not going to care until I get an actual date.

If you guys really think Early 2013 is more accurate I will change it but personally there isn't much of a difference between the two. Early 2013 is more vague, first half is definite.

I don't think it's worth the bother. Either way, we only know that we are getting it after the New Year, and before June.

Early 2013 says to me January-March (maybe April but that's pushing it)

First half is obviously just that.

What I don't like about the AC:NL release date is that ALL of Nintendo's sure-win sellers for the 3DS are being delayed.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening.
All 3 have been delayed to Q1 of 2013. And the reason is obvious.
If AC:NL was to release right now when current game-play and interest on the 3DS system is low they would lose profit. Nintendo releases gamer fodder for the 3DS to decrease interest in the system, which increases interest in other systems- namely. Can you guess it?

The Wii U!

Holiday-sales are 100% focused in NA on the Wii U and it's line of games and products. Nintendo will, after that holiday buzz dies down, re-stimulate profits with three massive grand slams within (I predict) consequtive months; (i.e. Luigi's Mansion in mid-Jan, Animal Crossing in early-March, and Fire Emblem in late-April).

Knowing the marketing that I do, it's simply unfair to have a game like AC:NL that in all likelihood is already translated and prepared for NA and EU audiences, to be delayed nearly a half year simply for profit.

I want Nintendo to know I am not buying the Wii U out of loyalty and pity for my neglected 3DS system. And I want Nintendo to know that I grow impatient with the 2 year long wait for games Nintendo showcased when the 3DS released.

*huffs*

Last edited:
What I don't like about the AC:NL release date is that ALL of Nintendo's sure-win sellers for the 3DS are being delayed.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening.
All 3 have been delayed to Q1 of 2013. And the reason is obvious.
If AC:NL was to release right now when current game-play and interest on the 3DS system is low they would lose profit. Nintendo releases gamer fodder for the 3DS to decrease interest in the system, which increases interest in other systems- namely. Can you guess it?

The Wii U!

Holiday-sales are 100% focused in NA on the Wii U and it's line of games and products. Nintendo will, after that holiday buzz dies down, re-stimulate profits with three massive grand slams within (I predict) consequtive months; (i.e. Luigi's Mansion in mid-Jan, Animal Crossing in early-March, and Fire Emblem in late-April).

Knowing the marketing that I do, it's simply unfair to have a game like AC:NL that in all likelihood is already translated and prepared for NA and EU audiences, to be delayed nearly a half year simply for profit.

I want Nintendo to know I am not buying the Wii U out of loyalty and pity for my neglected 3DS system. And I want Nintendo to know that I grow impatient with their 2-3 year long wait for games Nintendo showcased when the 3DS released.

*huffs*

Me too, I just think its unfair for the people that don't want the U and WANT NL.

I'm not getting the Wii U for quite a while. They can't sell a system to me with only like 1 or 2 games for it that look interesting to me. I didn't even get the 3DS for a while. Of course then the 3DS XL game out (which I'm still irritated about).

If the whole 'delaying NL for the Wii U to sell better' is true... I probably wont be buying it for quite some time. Especially not until New Leaf is released and I've had plenty of time to enjoy it.

I'm not getting the Wii U for quite a while. They can't sell a system to me with only like 1 or 2 games for it that look interesting to me. I didn't even get the 3DS for a while. Of course then the 3DS XL game out (which I'm still irritated about).

If the whole 'delaying NL for the Wii U to sell better' is true... I probably wont be buying it for quite some time. Especially not until New Leaf is released and I've had plenty of time to enjoy it.

Two weeks or so after I bought my 3DS, they announced the 3DS XL. I was mad lol. But I love my 3DS. It's purple :) and I dont think the XL is that great anyways. It doesnt have that glossy, shiny look to it.

Early 2013 says to me January-March (maybe April but that's pushing it)

First half is obviously just that.

I have actually been going over the release date for a while now.

I still don't believe anything until we get a definite release date (but just putting it out there remember when I made that thread abut the Creepy DLC which ended on October 31 and then I predicted Japan would get AC3DS shortly after that and whoop-de-doo they got it 8 days after so obv I can see into the future so yeah)

But to me "early 2013" is Jan, Feb, March and April
mid would be may, june, july, aug
and late would be sep, oct, nov, dec

The first half would obv be the first 6 months of the year, but since you're saying he said 'early' then i'm guessing it'll be here in the first 4 months of the year, I mean, at the end of april, they'd have had 6 months to translate and stuff.

but like i said, i'm just thinking that but i'm not getting hopes up or anything until we get a defo release date. xo

Back