Bell Tree Direct - 07.25.24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if these new npcs are gonna be used to donate some “Dust” to them to get a goal down for whoever you donated said dust to.

Edit: We have confetti, so it probably relates to this.

Hello everyone! We have some new forum updates, improvements, and events to share in today's summer Bell Tree Direct, so let's begin.

The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Is Almost Here!

For the first time since 2022, our classic The Bell Tree Fair event is returning in just a couple days from now on the evening of July 27th, 2024. As you'd expect, this year's theme will focus on a grand birthday party celebration for TBT's 20th anniversary later this year -- and you're invited!

View attachment 572384
Art by Pyoopi

In the meantime, you can help us get the party started early with two new event backdrops now available in the Shop for 80 Bells each...

Bountiful Balloons & Holographic Horizon

View attachment 572371 View attachment 572372
Backdrops by Mistreil and dizzy bone

Note that if you own a recurring scenery, please ensure it is deactivated to display these new backdrops.

Introducing Thread Highlights

We're very excited to introduce a brand new forum feature that aims to improve the experience of browsing lengthy threads on TBT -- it's called Thread Highlights!

With this new feature, staff members will be able to mark a post in a thread as a highlight. When a post in a thread has been designated with a highlight, a new menu dropdown will appear at the top and bottom of the thread that contains all of the thread's highlighted posts. You can click these titled highlights to quickly jump to specific important posts within the thread.

View attachment 572377
On mobile, you'll find highlights at the top and bottom of the thread near page numbers.

Beginning with The Bell Tree Fair 2024, we will start using thread highlights to make it easier to keep up with the latest happenings inside of many event threads. For example, in an event where there are multiple rounds of submissions, thread highlights will be used to provide quick access to posts highlighting each new round's challenge and results. Or as another example, a thread highlight may be used to provide easy access to notable rule updates or changes during an event.

View attachment 572378
On desktop, you'll find highlights at top right and bottom right of the thread.

Outside of events, thread highlights may be used by staff in other long threads to highlight important information worth referencing. And in the future, we'll be considering potential ways for you to create highlights in your own threads within select boards.

Better Page Flipping on Mobile

Somewhat related to thread highlights, we have a minor update that should help with finding posts within large threads on the forum. You may have noticed that when using a mobile device, the page navigation is hidden from the top of threads and only found at the bottom of each page.

Some of us on staff have long found this to be quite tedious when looking for specific content within lengthy threads that requires a lot of page flipping, so we're making a change today to display the page navigation at the top of threads on mobile too.

This is a trade off, as it will take up space within the limited screen space that mobile devices have to offer, so please let us know if you do find this change to be helpful or not so much. We are open to hearing your feedback.

Introducing Sidebar Event Trackers

Two new 'event trackers' are being introduced to the home page's sidebar that will feature both current and upcoming events happening around The Bell Tree! These trackers may not appear super useful right now, but we intend to use them going forward for many minor events too that wouldn't otherwise be displayed prominently enough. As an example, small events such as TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek and other gaming sessions could be featured.

Additionally, during select major events like the Fair, an additional new tracker will be displayed showcasing the latest thread highlights from inside of an event's individual threads.

Classic Mailboxes & Envelopes Return

Once upon a time, the forum's Shop featured both Mailbox and Envelope add-ons that could increase your private messaging abilities, but these were retired in early 2020. Earlier this year, we heard from some members in our collectible community that they'd like to see these collectibles return again as visual flair -- so that's what we're doing!

You'll once again find a variety of Mailbox collectibles in the Shop starting tomorrow to enjoy as purely visual collectibles, with the exception of the rare Purple Mailbox that will remain retired. Plus, a selection of Envelope add-ons that function as an increase to maximum conversation participants, in addition to visuals.

Edit: This is slightly delayed due to last minute Fair prep, but will arrive soon!

Redd's Lucky Gift!

Redd's Lucky Gift is back again to celebrate the summer's fireworks! Click on him to receive a random amount between 50 to 100 Bells celebrating today's updates in this Bell Tree Direct.

when I tried to redeem my bells it said invaild or expired code :(

when I tried to redeem my bells it said invaild or expired code :(
This code can only be redeemed once and you might have clicked it twice, so the second click showed you the error. If you go to your transactions page, you will be able to see that you got 64 bells from the link!

inb4 75% or more of the prizes are all pencils and stationery with the TBT logo on it 👀
What if one of the prizes is a wooden chair with Jeremy's signature and a personalized message on it as a grand prize?

(Chair collectible when? 🤣)

Thanks for the bells!
Excited for this event tbh even though I'm not sure I'll be participating much this time, idk unsure. But I like seeing people's entries for sure. The backgrounds are cute.

Is there an estimated time for The Fair to start yet? It’s starting to get late in the EST time zone, and I want to see the prizes.

phonto.jpeg

@Pietro NPC account before Pietro collectible.... please it's been over 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back