• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC Idea: Snowman Mountain

MapleSilver

Frost Egg Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0436-6117-9609
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Purple Violet
White Pansy
Frost Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
I have decided to blog about a few of my more elaborate ideas for the next Animal Crossing. I do not expect any of this to appear in the actual games, I just think it is fun to write about them.

So you know how Tortimer Island is a place where it is always summer? Well why not add an area where it is always winter? That way we could complete seasonal events without having to wait or time travel. I figure this could be accomplished by having your town be next to a mountain that is so high up, that there is snow year-round. It would be visible from Main Street, and would tower over the Happy Home Showcase. This mountain would be accessible through a ski lift, which would be boarded inside a newly expanded Train Station. Just cross the train tracks to an entirely new section which would staffed by the monkey who conducts the train in Gamecube. Turns out he happens to be a bit of a ski enthusiast. He would appear one day in the train station, lamenting the fact that computers have completely taken over conducting, and that he is out of a job. Suddenly, he has an idea! If the mayor were to commission a ski lift, they would be able to travel to that mountain. What used to be a month-long trek that could very well cost your life, could be reduced to a quick lift ride! This would unlock the ski lift as a public works project.

Once boarding the ski lift, you would be treated to a short cutscene much like Kapp'n's boat. Upon arrival you would get off near a large cabin. It would be a cozy place where you could book minigames with friends. Perhaps things like skiing or ice skating. I am not sure who would staff this cabin area, but something like bighorn sheep could probably work.

Upon leaving the cabin, you would find yourself on a mountain plateau. Sure, in real life you would probably die of altitude sickness right about now. But this is Animal Crossing so suspend your disbelief. Outside there would be snowman NPCs that you could talk to. Some of them would be happy to see you, though others would mutter about "all these annoying tourists" under their breath. Various igloos would be scattered around the landscape, inside you could talk to families of snowpeople. At the center there would be a lake which is the source of your town's river. This would be frozen over for most of the year, so to catch the exclusive fish you would have to drill a hole through the ice. I had a little trouble thinking of what fish could actually be exclusive to a mountain, so feel free to comment any species ideas.

I did think of one bug species though. Did you know there is an Arctic species of moth that lives for 14 years as a caterpillar? It's called the woolly bear moth, and would really fit for a winter biome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynaephora_groenlandica
Learn more about this interesting creature here.

That concludes my first edition of AC Ideas. Let me know what you think of this idea, and feel free to add onto it in the comments! Also, let me know if you would like to see more of these types of blogs in the future!

this kind of stuff gets my hopes way too high lmao. still an amazing idea! i love winter and the thought of a brightly lit ski lift in the sky with the cold winter night seems amazing

an idea i just thought of to tag onto the snowpeople NPC: in the spring, there should be a new event or just task where you have to collect all of the snowpeople that are melting and bring them all the way into the plateau

Back