• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

- Villagers no longer move out unexpectedly
- If you don’t change their catchphrases, they don’t spread their initial ones around
- They don’t spread their initial shirts to everyone
- Fish and bug requests aren’t displayed in their homes
- Dialogue is fantastic now compared to New Leaf now they fixed the order of things

Honestly the combination of these things is a genuine game changer. I LOVE chatting to my villagers now, I LOVE catching them fish and bugs, and I LOVE that I don’t get punished for logging on.

In New Leaf if you log on you:
- have to find the mover
- the longer you play the more chance there is of villagers swapping clothes and catchphrases
- you can’t catch them anything without ruining their houses
- if you talk to them you get the same tutorial dialogue about retail or streetpass or blablablaaaaaa
“You’re looking as cool as a fair number of cucumbers”

Also the furniture is so much more my taste in this game, I adore my house.
I love this game now

I could probably make an entire island lineup of smug and jock villagers in buddy-movie pairs: Colton and Sterling, Ken and Genji, Zell and Bam, Raymond and Kid Cat, Marshal and any jock. That could be fun to observe.

- Villagers no longer move out unexpectedly
- If you don’t change their catchphrases, they don’t spread their initial ones around
- They don’t spread their initial shirts to everyone
- Fish and bug requests aren’t displayed in their homes
- Dialogue is fantastic now compared to New Leaf now they fixed the order of things

Honestly the combination of these things is a genuine game changer. I LOVE chatting to my villagers now, I LOVE catching them fish and bugs, and I LOVE that I don’t get punished for logging on.

In New Leaf if you log on you:
- have to find the mover
- the longer you play the more chance there is of villagers swapping clothes and catchphrases
- you can’t catch them anything without ruining their houses
- if you talk to them you get the same tutorial dialogue about retail or streetpass or blablablaaaaaa
“You’re looking as cool as a fair number of cucumbers”

Also the furniture is so much more my taste in this game, I adore my house.
I love this game now
Don’t forget them telling you to take a break in acnl. That was very annoying.

When I bought this game, I never thought that over a year later I would still be playing.
With previous titles I was never able to make it past 3 or 4 months.

After a few months, sure there would be fish and bugs to catch, but all the shops would be fully upgraded, and after that, what even is there to do? Nothing really.

But new horizons just has so much you can get on with each day. Crafting and terraforming has been such an incredible game changer to this series.

And then there is how the game is so friendly to changing up your villagers. In the past you would have to just hope and pray you got one you like but now you have a lot more control over it.

The game really does just give you the tools to make your ideal island.

And I don't know what it is about villagers this time around but they just seem so much more sincere and authentic. Perhaps it's because they're not constantly trying to teach me how to take pictures lol. And how they feel like they actually live on the island instead of randomly walking up and down aimlessly all day long.
Or how they talk about their environment. If you have an item near by they might comment on it. If you took a flight, they might talk about the trails the plane left behind.

This game isn't perfect. But it's the closest Nintendo has come to making the perfect animal crossing game. I'm excited to see what more comes for new horizons and entries going forward.

They really outdid themselves this time.

I realize that restarting your island to get fresh new ideas is probably the best way to keep playing, since you know so much more about the game it makes you feel great.

I bought the game on release but let it collect dust for quite a while before really getting into it. I'm not sure why, but recently I picked it back up, and the game is jusr as charming as I remembered it back in the GameCube days.

Doing the Stamp Rally has been a surprisingly sweet experience.

I don't know what it is, since i think despite playing a ton and daily for over a year now, i am a fairly low key player. But something about the Stamp Rally just reminds me of the joy of the life sim aspect of the game (if that is the correct term).

Other than the art plaque i didn't even need any of the items and somehow that made me step back and actually enjoy the activity for itself. A simple little pleasure, in a game of simple pleasures. it was very fun, gave me a push to spend more time running about the museum, and felt just very real and ordinary, in a pleasant way.

Not sure whether I am explaining well, but i had such a nice time that I am looking forward to having the time to do it a few more times (crazy week for me, have only gotten to do it once so far)

1621524093290.png

Watching beetle fight club
1621524126829.png

enjoying the quiet (though I hope the bug causing villagers to no longer be found in the museum is fixed soon, so i can....look at bugs with my villagers)
1621524224846.png

fun with fish tanks.

ZOMG, Lucha. He showed up randomly on my new island and he's sooo cute. I know his outfit is a wrestling costume but I'm designing a super hero theme around him, bringing back Kid Cat and inviting Rocket, Big Top, and Agent S as well.

Sprocket also showed up randomly and is another keeper. The jock villagers are so much more fun that I expected they would be when I started playing the game.

Doing the Stamp Rally has been a surprisingly sweet experience.

I don't know what it is, since i think despite playing a ton and daily for over a year now, i am a fairly low key player. But something about the Stamp Rally just reminds me of the joy of the life sim aspect of the game (if that is the correct term).

Other than the art plaque i didn't even need any of the items and somehow that made me step back and actually enjoy the activity for itself. A simple little pleasure, in a game of simple pleasures. it was very fun, gave me a push to spend more time running about the museum, and felt just very real and ordinary, in a pleasant way.

Not sure whether I am explaining well, but i had such a nice time that I am looking forward to having the time to do it a few more times (crazy week for me, have only gotten to do it once so far)

View attachment 376659
Watching beetle fight club
View attachment 376660
enjoying the quiet (though I hope the bug causing villagers to no longer be found in the museum is fixed soon, so i can....look at bugs with my villagers)
View attachment 376661
fun with fish tanks.

I agree with this! I completed it last year, like you, and only needed the Art Plaque. However, I've added it to my daily tasks and you're right, it's really nice doing it. I hadn't explored my museum in a looooong time, so this is a really nice opportunity to do that. I'm not sure if I'll keep it up all month, but at least for this week and probably next week I'll be doing it.

last night i had flick in my town and the wisp was there as well. i also Always have at least two scorpions in town at night. the cool thing about this was that the wisp created the situation where i was forced to look in every corner of the map for his spirit pieces, which also led me to finding all sorts of high dollar beetles and it seemed that the beetle spawning was in overdrive because literally every 5 seconds there were new goliath beetles everywhere. i earned easily 300,000 bells last night because of the way that the game played. it was awesome :)

I've been enjoying the stamp rally. It is an easy and chill activity to do. I just wish that there were info plaques for the different exhibits too.

Is there a bug or something that prevents villagers from being in the museum now? I haven't seen them there in ages.

I've been enjoying the stamp rally. It is an easy and chill activity to do. I just wish that there were info plaques for the different exhibits too.

Is there a bug or something that prevents villagers from being in the museum now? I haven't seen them there in ages.

there was a thread about it a while back and though I don’t think we definitively found out, it does seem to be the case, based on all our anecdotal evidence. I hope they fix it soon, because I used to love running into my villagers in the museum!

Now instead there seem to be times when certain villagers are just nowhere to be found :confused: - presumably when they would usually be in the museum.

there was a thread about it a while back and though I don’t think we definitively found out, it does seem to be the case, based on all our anecdotal evidence. I hope they fix it soon, because I used to love running into my villagers in the museum!

Now instead there seem to be times when certain villagers are just nowhere to be found :confused: - presumably when they would usually be in the museum.

Ugh. That is both annoying and super suspicious that they are doing something with the museum. I hope we find out or it gets fixed soon!

While RNG is a pain and can lock you out of things you want.
I like how after over a year of playing, I still sometimes get new DIYs
Just got the recipe for an Iron wood clock

While RNG is a pain and can lock you out of things you want.
I like how after over a year of playing, I still sometimes get new DIYs
Just got the recipe for an Iron wood clock
Yeah I just got something the other night called a terrarium I think. I was expecting something I wouldn't like, but the design looks nice on the card.

I was planning on moving limberg on to my island next month but I got impatient and moved him, and the others I wanted to live here, earlier than intended.

Why is he not super popular?
Hes the best cranky I've ever had.
Hes adorable. Got a cool design. One of the best house interiors I've seen.

I cant believe I didn't go for him earlier!

I'm glad I tried out so many villagers in this game, because I found some of my all time favourites in those I didn't expect to

I've been busy making a cosy area on my campsite. Want Visitors to feel my island is a nice place to live I have campstove and toilet facilities plus sun lounger pool.x

When I started the game, I didn't like the large bears, just the cubs. Now, Megan and Grizzly are winning me over. They are both very cute. Ditto for gorillas. Rilla was great and now I have Rocket--both are sweeties.

If you haven't done so yet, take a moment to take in how amazing your island is.
Tour it as if you've never seen it before.

It is your passion project you have sunk hundreds if not thousands of hours in to.

I like to do that with my island every so often and it makes me realise, although I've not done up the fronts of all the villagers houses, and my beaches aren't perfect...

My island is amazing!
It may not be to anyone's taste but mine, but I'm super happy with it.

There may be no amazing features that you'd see on twitter or whatever, but it's mine!
Its my hard work.

And no matter how you see your own island, its your own hard work. So take a moment to appreciate how awesome it is, and how awesome you are for making it

Back