• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

So, I don't know when this was implemented (maybe 2.0, or maybe I've just missed it for the past two years??), but I've started seeing my villagers in the plaza standing around a barbecue, eating and chatting together. 🥺💖 It is so sweet to see!
I think maybe that was a thing before the 2.0 update and yeah I will agree despite the villagers repeated dialogue (yeah I know its been talked about so many times) the villagers still do their daily stuff that makes them feel more alive.

I think maybe that was a thing before the 2.0 update and yeah I will agree despite the villagers repeated dialogue (yeah I know its been talked about so many times) the villagers still do their daily stuff that makes them feel more alive.
I just Googled it, and you’re right, it was before 2.0 update! I don’t know how I missed it all this time, but I agree, this sort of stuff makes the villagers feel more alive/the game more immersive. 😊

I went to Brewster's and Resetti was there, as well as one of my villagers. Then, I went to the hospital to chat with adorable Goldie at reception, and Joan was there! She was so sweet, and she gave me 30 turnips. I love that random characters that don't usually have a role, still show up in game in different locations. 🌟

I've had so many villagers on my islands at this point, so my top favorites have mostly come and gone but I'm often surprised at how cute some of the less popular villagers are. Pate is super cute but you don't hear about her much. I just recently met her for the first time and am glad to have her on my island. Also super cute and underrated: Daisy and Ursala and Chadder and Deena. And Frita is a great sisterly.

I ran into this Nintendo Interview and thought it may be good to share it here.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons dev on how the furniture was made Posted on June 11, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian)
Takai originally joined Nintendo in 2013. After working on Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, she then contributed to Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo. Other than furniture object design, Takai was a coordination manager on Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
When working with high resolution, even small details are visible so it was important to get the pieces designed well to ensure the items feel right to the players. But that doesn’t simply mean making them look real. In Animal Crossing the important point is ensuring the ‘personality’ of each piece while still fitting into the game world and maintaining a coherence in the overall design. That was how we verbalized the guiding principle behind the art of the game when working together with the staff of the contract company.

So there I am playing the game, slouching and using my Pro controller.

I decide to do group stretching.
Because I'm using a pro controller I have to use buttons which is fine as I only ever use buttons.

I randomly decided, why not move my arms along with it.

My posture is now corrected.

Fair play animal crossing. Fair play.

I love how chill it is to play the game, relaxes me a lot especially from my anxiety

I love the terraforming idea they created in this game

I love how sweet some villagers look

It’s cute when they sing too 🙂

Saw my girl Shari licking an ice cream cone today. I love the seasonal treats, like the ice cream, the popsicles, the little soup bowls…. Idk why it’s cute but it is. 💕

— marina <3
— isabelle's little water spritzer (the one she uses to spray her flower pots sometimes !!)
— the whole vibe in the museum
— niko, wardell & lottie !! they're so adorable
— how villagers in hhp sometimes hover around the facilities doing some window shopping
— the way the black screen that comes up when u enter/exit buildings is coloured differently when u dance on hhp festival days
— the little jokes u get when you catch a fish or bug (i especially enjoy the suckerfish one)

I love finding items that can be interacted with and partially/full change their function - I had no idea you could switch off the lights on the Medieval building wall outside, because most of the time I was using it in Harv's studio to tinker with.

I like how you can leave the lights on in your home even if you aren’t in there. I use houses as extra buildings, and it would be weird to have a hotel with the lights off. Especially at night, if the lobby was completely dark, I definitely would not stay there. That’s creepy af, lol.

one of my villagers disappeared completely today so i was thinking he went rogue and stole the boat off the pier to escape the island prison LOL! i checked everywhere looking for him! in all the shops, around every bush and tree, behind houses, inside villager houses, in the museum and the coffee shop and NOPE i couldnt find him! i was TRYING to give him a prezzie! so i finally looked in the art part of the museum that i had completely forgotten about and there he was hahaha! i looked for him for about an hour before i finally figured out where he was DOH!!!

Just got into ACNH. I've been looking for a good player housing game on PC via steam during summer sale but couldn't really find any that I desired.

I decided to buy myself a Switch with some exclusive games like BoTW and then I realize something, "I should check out Animal Crossing". Saw some YT videos and realize how amazing this game is so I decided to get this game as well.

Can't wait to see how my island would turn out.

thats awesome zisym!
welcome to the family :D

i made an ocarina and i decided to put it down along with the ukulele by my campsite but the ocarina didnt quite fit with the look so i pocketed it.

in my town its saturday night and kk is playing in the yard so i brought the ocarina to his gig and stood next to him playing it constantly while he was jamming; and after about 30 seconds he quit playing *Not because his song was over with*!

HAHAHA!!!

after i put the ocarina up, he picked up the song where he had left off too!!!

epic kk rofl!

its fireworks night in my town and isabelle gave me a green bulb bopper hat so i started wearing it and i wanted to go scuba diving so i did...and when i did the green bulb bopper started doing this really cool electric looking thing! both of the bulbs on the bopper have these green circles that appear outside of the bulbs and they look like its some sort of mad scientist experiment! really neat :)

I really love the small details in the games! the sound of walking on snow, the little cold breath that comes out when your character walks in it. The trees moving in the wind!
Villagers doing the airplane run in the plaza warms my heart <3
The nook inc balloon is probably my favorite item rn its so beautiful!

I've noticed that there are little jingles and commercials on the radio for events like Toy Day, Halloween, Easter and even the New Years Countdown. They make me really happy to listen to and it breaks my heart that seemingly no one has noticed

I really love the addition of the Storage Shed items; they're so convenient. I have 3 all around my island now!

I also find it crazy that 3 years into this game I am still discovering clothing that I have never seen before. The amount of clothing in the game is wild

Back