• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNL prima guide

Kungfupanda

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey guys! New to the site so apologies if this has already been covered.

Has anyone for the official prima guide?

I'm From the UK and its sold out everywhere! :(

Is it worth buying? Has the one for the previous DS game and it was great. One of my highlights for it was that I had designs in it for clothes etc - does the new guide for NL have these as well?

One other question - does anyone have a PDF version of it? I'd love to view it on my iPad but can't seem to find one anywhere

I believe inside the book you get a code to get the eBook for free. If this is the case you can use it with iBooks but i'm not 100% on that.

I have it, and personally I love it. There are online guides everywhere, but if you're looking for something convenient that you can just pull out and reference wherever you happen to be, I'd go for it. The guide's errors are minimal (that I can find so far), but I use it often.

I don't believe there's an available PDF version, unfortunately. I know the guide comes with a link to an online copy though !

If the guide does come with a PDF version - is it viewable by anyone? I'd be willing to trade some bells, furniture etc for it if someone's interested?

It's not a PDF version. You have to login to the site to view the eguide. So, you'd have to have someone's account details. I don't think they allow downloading of the guide.

I bought mine through an eBay seller based in Birmingham. Ordered it Sunday and came today. They still have them in stock and they appear to be selling really fast - they've sold over 100 in the past three days alone. o.o Shall I PM you the link?

Yeah worth buying it
Has all items with pictures
However some guides to expanding are off.
But I would by it- also pocket size!

There is a free iOS app that's not nearly as good as the guide but at least it helps you track when fish are available and what not. The guy who made it posted here recently.

The guide is worth the price of admission though, big time. I would check on ebay.

I've got the app that was mentioned recently - great for keeping my collections manageable.

Guess ill have to keep an eye on eBay :)

Thanks for your help guys :)

have you tried your local GAME? that's where I got mine. I love it, and it is useful but I noticed the values of things are wrong (Rainbow Stag says 40k but sells for 10k) and there are a couple of typos but that is standard for most guides now. :rolleyes:

I got mine from the store I work at as soon as we got them in, and while I am not a fan of "Prima" I will say that this guide is worth getting, even though it weighs a ton for a digest size book. LOL

There must have been low stock everywhere as we only had 1 come in even though we had a ton of copies of the game, consoles and figurines. Luckily I was in the day it came in! ;)

Got it on amazon.fr (yes, do not ask, I had a voucher of almost exactly the price of the guide). You can indeed access the online version by putting the code but you have to have a primagames.com account. Also, the online guide seems useful to search, yet the print version has a clever index... so I gave my online code to one of my best friends. I must say, as guides go (I play a lot of RPGs, I like to buy the guides...), this one is nice, thick, and a cool "merchandise" for ACNL.

By the way, for those that haven't done it yet - take the dust cover/sleeve off and look underneath! I love the artwork on the actual book!

I bought the book & got the free e-guide code...but, honestly, it wasn't worth buying bc you can find EVERYTHING & more online.

I bought the book & got the free e-guide code...but, honestly, it wasn't worth buying bc you can find EVERYTHING & more online.

True but it's the right size to put in my bag and take with me when I go out and don't have access to the net. :)

The guide is not worth the money. It doesnt even come with a PDF (off line version)... Bidoof has a very indepth guide. I suggest you use that instead

EDIT:

a lot of the information is just false inside the book. It's also very vague.

Like, it says to unlock Cyrus you have to "Sell a lot of items"... That is false and vague.

TO unlock cyrus you must have sold a total of 100,000 to Reese and have atleast 100 items in catalog. I believe at least one of each category aswell (Furniture, wall, hat etc)

And It says to unlock QR machine you must talk to Sable every day for a while. When actually you just talk to hear 10 days in a row.

I could go on and on

Last edited:
I've got it, amazon and I love it !

True not all info is right and like traceguy says soms things are just kind of vague.
Like "sell a lot of items" to unlock a store upgrade.
Also the value of fish, bugs etc instead of the Re-tail selling price is a real let down.

But still I love having this guide just for a quick read.

my copy arrived today, from just a quick flick it seemed pretty good

Yet it's perfect for those of us who like to just shut off from the world (computer, phone, etc) when we're playing games. :)

Back