• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Aligned or Unaligned houses?

With my original five, four of five houses were aligned. Ribbot and Rhonda's houses were right next to each other and so are Apple and Stitches'. But Ribbot and Rhonda moved out. So now Apple and Stitches' houses are still aligned. Gaston lives near those two and he is very close to being aligned with Stitches' house but it isn't that much of a big deal.

I have two other houses that are aligned though. It does look much nicer, but my houses are a bit all over the place.

I don't really care where they put their homes as long as it is not in front of town hall or something like that.

it depends on what kind of town you have really. If i were to make a modern town, i'd have my houses perfect alligned to create a neighbourhood-style layout. Though my town is a fairytale-ish town and everything is unaligned.

I care where villager houses are and use the reset trick to get them where I want, but they aren't in a perfect line. I want to get them as close to the cliff as possible to maximize space, and since the cliff is uneven, the house alignment is also uneven. I kind of like it this way, personally, because in addition to maximizing space, it strikes a balance between being organized and unorganized (since I have a certain 'residential area' in town, but it's not in a flawless row).

As for what I prefer, I think it depends on the town, the houses (they come in a range of different styles), the feel you're going for, the landscaping around the houses, etc.

Last edited:
I want them all over the place, not all aligned or bunched up. Makes the town not seem as small

i don't care anymore. as long as i have the villagers i want, i'd never let them go because of a crappy house placement. all of mine are all over the place, with the exception of the two in front of the plaza. i like it better that way.

I don't like their houses too close. All of my villager's houses are spread throughout my town.

aligned definitely! i almost have my town perfectly aligned

5hqm.jpg

still rearranging it a bit~
I wish my town was like that :p
I like it organized.

I want them all straight but some houses of a certain...hamster... Are currently making that hard for me SINCE THEY WONT MOVE D:< I NEED A STRAIGHT ROW and that one hamster ruins it ;_; so yes. Aligned

Aligned, but I don't like resetting for hours just to get that. So my town is completely unaligned. So much so that Rowan parked his house right in the middle of my paths, but I just moved them around it. :)

I find it interesting that a lot of you like unaligned. I always see dream towns with perfect rows of houses. :)

Aligned, I am a perfectionist so it makes me sick to see a house one Space behind from another house xD

I like unaligned , My villagers were all moved in via reset though so I could work on making the town nice :>

Unaligned. I think they look more interesting that way. I do let villagers move in and out, so from time to time, I have to re-path. But I'm fine with that. It's maintenance. A town that never changes would be boring. Perfectly aligned houses or perfect symmetry in patterns just seem so... predictable. :)

I think it makes your town neater if they are aligned, but I personally have my houses unaligned.. I don't really care where they place them tbh..

Back