• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Am debating whether to get the Japanese XL or American...

Well I don't know Japanese but I feel I'm still very attached to my animals in my town. I read someone's comment on this forum about people might not be able to be attached to the animals if you don't know what they are saying which I believe is false... Well at least for me. I was using a guide online at first to know which menus etc to choose when talking to shizue or Tom nook etc but now I'm fine. Im getting an English copy for my daughter once its released too. I don't have the collectors edition but I bought the pink LL which I can't get here in Australia but I still feel its very special to me. :)

I sent you a PM!

If you're learning Japanese I would absolutely go with the JP XL. The best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it and what better way than the hours you'll undoubtedly be playing NL for?

I'd say you need to weigh your dedication to the language with your dedication to the game, including the frustrations.

I'd say get the American one because you might not understand some of the japanese and it might be hard to get money on the japanese 3ds XL

Getting money on the Jap version is as easy as the American version. It's the communication side of the game that you will end up lacking in

Thanks everyone, I didn't realise this was still getting replies.

I ordered one on Sunday and I am awaiting it's arrival. :)

Unless you're going to fluently learn Japanese, then you're going to be stuck with a console that costs more to buy games for and that plays games in a language you don't really understand. Especially in such a text-heavy game like Animal Crossing, I would strongly discourage it.

Video games for the first time are doing better in the states than they are in Japan, so you're going to see less and less Japan-exclusive titles.

The japanese one, I will update soon on how it is going ^^'

Back