• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Am I diving wrong?

Kitsch

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
There are some sea creatures that are just too fast, I hold down A but I go so slow and by the time I'm just about to catch up to them I automatically come up for air. I've tried diving on top of them/ just in front of them etc but they still out run me. What am I doing wrong or am I just that bad at diving?

repeatedly hit the a button. just like swimming above the water the faster you hit the a button the faster you move. and some of the under water creatures are VERY fast swimmers.

You have to repeatedly click A quickly. It can be very difficult to catch up sometimes though. - Especially the spider crabs!

OH that explains it! I've been holding A! ha ha :rolleyes:

There's more Kitsch- as soon as you're in the diving motion, tap A to propel yourself downward & toward the direction you want to go. But the approach is the KEY- diving too early or tapping A rapidly while above water (this alarms moving fish & shellfish, therefore just move slowly) & they'll outswim you.

Good luck, Kitsch!

Lol, you're worried about diving!
I just learnt how to swim yesterday.
Before I used to just move around and would press A and think, how awful. This swimming business is so slow.
Then after getting frustrated I pressed A repeatedly. And hey! What do you know! I can swim!!! Lol! Was very happy and caught a ton of sea things.

Hmm..I may use some of these tips myself. I seem to lag so slowly underwater even though I'm timing my button pushes.

Also: Does anyone else have an issue of a fish disappearing completely when Diving after it? I'll be chasing it and it will just disappear. Lost a few scallops that way.

Hmm..I may use some of these tips myself. I seem to lag so slowly underwater even though I'm timing my button pushes.

Also: Does anyone else have an issue of a fish disappearing completely when Diving after it? I'll be chasing it and it will just disappear. Lost a few scallops that way.

They seem to take issue with the beachs and get swallowed by sand. You have to try and shoo them away from land/the boundary to have the best chance. Unless you mean when they just explode into 5 large bubbles before you even dive, which really annoys me.

There's more Kitsch- as soon as you're in the diving motion, tap A to propel yourself downward & toward the direction you want to go. But the approach is the KEY- diving too early or tapping A rapidly while above water (this alarms moving fish & shellfish, therefore just move slowly) & they'll outswim you.

Now this I didn't know. I just tried swimming today for the second time ever and figured out the controls but not the strategy. Thanks for the clarity! :D

Back