• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Am I doing something wrong? :x

Farobi

not a bad member
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
7016-2649-0314
Isabelle
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Coco
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Classic Easter Egg
Gold Super Mailbox
Let me get into specifics cause I can't explain in paragraph form :p

• This is regarding the Reset Trick for Villager Home Plots + Campsite Villagers
• So I Time Travel with my existing character to 5:58 AM the next day when I was at 8 villagers; I wanted to have a good ninth or a good camper. I saved and quit after my character got out of his house
• I'm in the process of making a new character, which, of course, takes around 2-3 minutes. I arrive at the Station usually at 6AM on the dot.
• When no house plots appear, I save my newly-made character and TT the next day to do everything all over again. I do this because I heard that the more succeeding days you didn't get a 9th villager, you have a higher chance of getting one in the next. And after 7 days it is certain that a plot will appear.
• I TT'd doing everything for 4-5 days total.
• On the 4-5th Day, I see Sylvia's plot. So I closed the game and made a new character cause ewww it's freaking Sylvia.
• When I make a new character, I search for plots being reserved, but what I see instead is Sylvia's House where her plot initially was. I didn't TT or nothing, it just appeared randomly and I was quite flabbergasted.
• I was shocked and disheartened by this, but since I was gonna reset my file anyway (I don't even know why i'm still resetting for villagers though haha), I didn't mind it too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~
• OK, after a while, I'm back at 8 villagers.
• Do everything again and the same thing happened, but this time, it's with Drake's Home. I like him though, so it's not a big deal.

Am I doing something wrong? :x

Also tell me if you don't understand some parts, I suck at explaining ;_;

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, you are playing the game as a new character, see no plots, so you save, then load your main character and see plots?

If that's the case, it's because you are creating a new character too early. This happened to me at first, as well. I made a new character at around 6am and even though it was past 6, the game was still in the previous day until I saved as my new character which would take me to the "Everyone wake up!" screen.

You just have to start up a new character later in the day, I usually do it at 9am and it works fine.

Ignore the '5:58am' thing. I don't know how that started but it's irrelevant.

Use the 3DS clock to change the date and make sure the time is after 6am.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure but it may have something to do with how you started the day with your main character. Apparently when you load your town with a character you have it saves it.

Next time, change the DS time and date settings to skip to a new day, and start with the new character.

I have done this recently and gor Rosies plot from it :3 I also got some amazing plots such as Hamlet, Kid Cat, Snake, Tangy, Flora, BonBon, Merry, Ruby and of course Rosie xD I got a lot more but those were my favourites:3 Ignore the 5:58am thing, it works at anytime as long as you haven't started the day with your mayor c:
What I did was:
? I started the game with a new character (I did not once use my mayor while resetting plots) ran around my town and to my campsite. If I saw no plots (you don't always get plots) or saw one I didn't like, I just pressed the home button and exited. Then I started the game with a new character again and ran around searing for a plot that I liked c: And I pretty much just did this over and over again till I got Rosies plot:3 Also when I TTed to get a better chance at getting a plot, I started with a new character, never used my mayor c:

I hope this helps c: If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask:3 I'm hopefully going to be using this trick to get Merengue once Fauna moves out c: Its very tedious though>.>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not entirely sure but it may have something to do with how you started the day with your main character. Apparently when you load your town with a character you have it saves it.

Next time, change the DS time and date settings to skip to a new day, and start with the new character.

This is true, once you start the day with your mayor the day is set, you can't change anything about it (eg. Campers, plot placements ect.) By making a new character the day is not set and it allows the game to generate a new camper, plot placement, villager ect c:
So always start the day with a new character, never the mayor. :3

Last edited:
Back