• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Amazon PreOrders

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
A bit upset: it looks like Amazon isn't planning on doing same day deliveries (in the USA).

My pre-order is estimated to be delivered on June 11th

AND!

I asked for next day shipping!

I will be deleting my pre-order I think.

Anyone else upset/ worried they won't get the game the day of?

I am just going to Target on the day of the release cause I got gift cards, and if they don't have it, I am going to Gamestop, cause I got gift cards there too, and if they don't have it then I'll try Best Buy and Toys R Us cause I got money.

It's Sunday. You can't get mad at Amazon for not doing shipping on a non business day :( and pretty sure 95%, if not 100% of all mail period, do not deliver mail on Sunday lol
Anyone who ordered on Amazon for same day will most likely not be getting the game same day as its a non business day

I cancelled my Amazon order and I decided I'm just downloading as soon as its on the eShop. I don't have the patience to wait.

Ah! I didn't realize the 9th was a Sunday!

That makes sense. But I guess I'm still bummed out that they won't be shipping it early, lol.

That would be awesome!

I think I will probably go ahead and cancel my order closer to the release date. I want to see what kind of week I'll be having. If work is busy I probably won't have time to play anyway and might as well just wait a few days.

Valerie, my hubby says Amazon does that a lot, and they'll later announce release day delivery. Although in this case, probably next day :) You must have gotten SOME speed added with the next day delivery, though, because my letter told me it would be the 12th before I get it.

My fianc? said the same thing.

Unfortunately the only speedy thing by ordering for next day shipping is the order is processed the Monday right after Sundays release date, and then you receive it Tuesday.

I forgot it came out on a sunday... at this rate I might be less pressed to drive down to Wal-Mart and get it from them, and Gamestop if Wal-Mart doesn't have it.

I'm just scared my local stores won't have it for some reason. That's the only reason I've kept my Amazon pre-order. Otherwise I'd go to Walmart at midnight and get it. LOL

I'm just scared my local stores won't have it for some reason. That's the only reason I've kept my Amazon pre-order. Otherwise I'd go to Walmart at midnight and get it. LOL

I was talking to my boyfriend about this and he thinks they won't have the game stocked at midnight.

And I think they should, or at least close to it, because a lot of 24 hour Walmarts stock in the late night/early morning.

Does anyone here have experience getting games at midnight from Walmart?

yesssssss come buy it at Target. Your money will eventually be given to me yesssss. Make my company profitable with your money, it's the precioussssss

I'm just going to be not lazy and get my butt to the store to buy it. :p I can see the convenience of ordering it on Amazon, but I just feel much more safe about it by picking it up myself. Things can always go wrong with mail orders, and sometimes it arrives late. I'd rather be playing the game as soon as I get home from picking up the game, rather than waiting around the house for it to arrive in the mail.

I plan on getting it from whatever store happens to be selling it xD Gamestop will probably be my first stop unless I can locate a small business nearby that will be selling it at release. I'll have to do some research :3

My wife pre ordered it for me threw amazon. Normal shipping. I hesitated but I spoke up, saying that it wouldn't get here for another week after its out. She told me then if I want it then to get a credit card back.
I feel selfish, but ill have it that day. I donno when ill play but ill have it.

Ordered on Amazon, luckily in the UK they offer release date delivery. Plus my local GAME store won't be stocking New Leaf, I asked and they said no, I'm not buying a copy from any other shop in town as they aren't doing pre-orders or they are charging ?39.99, whereas on Amazon they are charging ?32.99...

Hmm what do you guys think about retail stores that are open 24 hours a day? I live near a 24 hour K-mart, but I don't know that they would bring the games out until early the next day (but maybe they'd bring them out earlier since the staff probably don't have anything to do??)

Back