• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Amazon PreOrders

I am just going to Target on the day of the release cause I got gift cards, and if they don't have it, I am going to Gamestop, cause I got gift cards there too, and if they don't have it then I'll try Best Buy and Toys R Us cause I got money.

You certainly have this planned...

I plan to buy the game at Best Buy the day it comes out, because I have some rewards certificates I haven't used yet. I've never actually pre-ordered a game before, but I have to admit it's tempting because I really, really want the game the day it comes out!

Getting it at GameStop because one just opened up a few months ago very close to where I live. (5 min) or download on eShop haven't decided.....

I getting it at Walmart June 10th. I really don't have my summer plan well so why go day I thought I really nothing to do then after high school over on the 7.

I am definitely not having mine shipped to me, I had a terrible experience with my iPod 5th generation when I pre-ordered it... I got it 2 weeks after it was available in stores and when people had already gotten theirs shipped to them... Sure the iPod Touch would have had A LOT more being shipped all over the place but still.. I will just run down to Walmart and get it, if it isn't there, then Gamestop, if it isn't there, then I will download it. Just nervous to download it because there are going to be so many other people downloading at the same time that it might get really slow, I also have really bad Internet, even when i am using ethernet on my pc it is still pretty bad. I'm pretty sure the 3DS won't have very good wireless either.

i only preorder if i there's a cool perk for it. e_e
i am going to buy it at walmart or gamestop, we have them close to them.

Someone was kind of enough to order the game for me with 1-day shipping, so there's no complaints on my end. Although I doubt we'll get the game a day early, it's still a nice thought.

My boyfriend orders games off of Amazon literally all the time. He says that as long as I pre-order the game, I should be able to get it the day after it's released at least...

It doesn't really matter to me when I get the game at this point. I'll hopefully have a job by then so I'll only get to dedicate a short amount of time for it each day unless I have a day off. :) So waiting a day or two is no bigger for me!

(Man I swear my thought processes revolving around how I'm gonna buy this game are like constantly evolving. xD)

I'd suggest supporting your local video game store and pre-ordering it there. Then you'll get a copy for sure and can pick it up as soon as it comes out. I really don't like supporting places like Target and Best Buy with video games. It just feels dirty.

We don't have any local video game stores here :( Wish we did! I'd much rather deal with them!

I never like dealing with preorders. :c I'll only do it if I really like the preorder bonus. Hopefully you have a local store nearby -- that would be my first choice.

Has there ever been a pre-order bonus for AC? I know Harvest Moon almost always has a plushie or something. A Bob plush would be AWESOME. ;)

Amazon pre-order for me! I'm Prime so get the 2-day shipping, anyway. I don't mind waiting an extra day.

The price guarantee is nice, too. :)

---

I'd suggest supporting your local video game store and pre-ordering it there. Then you'll get a copy for sure and can pick it up as soon as it comes out. I really don't like supporting places like Target and Best Buy with video games. It just feels dirty.

No local video game store here, either.

Not to sound cold, but I'm not a big game "buyer" so I don't really care. I hardly ever purchase games. ...with the exception of AC (of course) and GameFly keeps. Otherwise, I rent.

Nah. I'm used to waiting. Before moving to Japan, I lived in Hawaii. Hawaii doesn't get the guaranteed release day delivery service from Amazon. Best you could do was the expensive 1 or 2 day shipping, so I never bothered. Just always used free super saver shipping.

i pre-ordered it from gamestop.com and chose to have it shipped. i've waited years for this game. a week won't be so tough. lol

Back