• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Amazon PreOrders

Hmm what do you guys think about retail stores that are open 24 hours a day? I live near a 24 hour K-mart, but I don't know that they would bring the games out until early the next day (but maybe they'd bring them out earlier since the staff probably don't have anything to do??)

No I think if you went to K-Mart at midnight, even if it's not on the shelf you could ask them for it - It's the next day (and release date) so they legally have to sell it to you - there's no reason why they wouldn't sell it to you. If they say no then you should just tell them and they should sell it to you b/cos if they don't then they're technically refusing you a sale.

I don't really see the appeal of buying a game like Animal Crossing at midnight. After you do your initial starting chores, all of the in-game stores are going to be closed.

I don't really see the appeal of buying a game like Animal Crossing at midnight. After you do your initial starting chores, all of the in-game stores are going to be closed.

Exactly.

The game releases here on Saturday so I could easily buy over the eShop at midnight (actually this is the first time I've thought this and it's kinda tempting me now... That way I can wake up and play it and i'll be awake at midnight so I could easily get it ****............ **** NO PEER PRESSURE I'LL GET IT AT THE STORE)

but yeah they'll all be closed so no point. I'll just sleep in and get someone to go to the mall and get it to me whilst I sleep. :)

I'm getting my game at my local EB games, I'm happy that I'll have all day to enjoy the game because if I would get it at midnight after a few hours with the game I would end up sleeping haha

I'm getting my game at my local EB games, I'm happy that I'll have all day to enjoy the game because if I would get it at midnight after a few hours with the game I would end up sleeping haha

pls fellow australian y u choose eb games they suck

So, would it be worth it to wait for the game on the mail, or would I be better off downloading it?

I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop the moment I heard about the release date. I'll be going there as early as I can to get the game :). I rarely do Amazon because of the fact of shipping speeds and other factors.

going to work on some of the mayor points, at best start the flowers(getting the free watering can) and any villagers that are up. town flag and board. Plus start gathering things to sell fruit, beehives and shells to sell in the morning. Come morning hit the stores running :)

That my plan once I get my game at midnight

If the game comes out at midnight as a digital download, and not early morning, I will be downloading it on my XL and buying the cartridge for Flame Red. My fianc? wants to play on my XL so I told him he can have the cartridge copy, since I want the digital copy to be for my file

If by some chance there is a pre-order bonus I will buy it through Gamestop or Amazon. But the pre-order bonus would have to be pretty compelling for me to order it through Amazon and have to wait a few days.

If there is no pre-order bonus I will get it at my local independent store.

I'm gonna pre-order mine from gamestop nearer the release date in case I find a better deal somewhere else.

I put money down at EBgames so I am guaranteed a copy. Although if for some reason I don't get it DAY OF release I'm not worried at all. I have been waiting MONTHS and still a bit more to go. A couple days is gravy.

My copy has been on pre-order at Gamestop since a couple of months after the game was announced. If I haven't already paid everything on it, it's just like $10. So that Sunday I'll just go and pick it up, rip the box open like a maniac, flip through the little booklet, and then play the game all day long.

Since I have positive experiences with amazon, I'll pre-order my copy there.
Don't worry about the estimated delivery date, I've been worried about this for a couple of times but was taught otherwise when my copy arrived on the release date. :)

On Sunday, though, Loreley? I was kind of hoping to get it early :D Heh! It's happened before! *dreaming*

Amazon won't send Nintendo stuff early anymore. Nintendo actually came down on them hard with legal troubles for shipping some games early.

And Loreley you're in Germany which has a non Sunday release day, of course you'll get it on release :p

Oh I forgot considering a sunday release.
But as far as I know the sixth novel of the Harry Potter series was delivered on a sunday when it was released in Germany. So there's still a chance :)

I'm still dreaming about some cute pre-order bonus that will help me decide. But I'll probably just pre-order from Gamestop and pick it up super early on the day of release.

Back