• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
New Rosalina, Wario, and Donkey Kong amiibo possibly confirmed through Japanese Mario Party trailer.

ZZ2-620x.jpg
ZZ1-620x.jpg
ZZ3-620x.jpg

I was at Toys r Us at 11 this morning and they were still unpacking Amiibos. There was an open box on the ground with some Mega Mans in it which I took as a good sign but there were no King Dedede's who I heard was supposed to show up today :'< (or Ike but I'm not v interested in him). Lots of Mega Man and Sonic, but only two Sheiks to speak of in the whole building. I was tempted to get one just because of that lol I got Sonic tho which is the other one I wanted besides Dedede. :lemon: Anyway if ur in the market for Sonic/Mega Man def check out toys r us today.

Also gotta say I really like when amiibo stocks get street dates like this, since I don't live near any retail stores that would have them so can't be checkin in all the time.

Woo. My boss saved me a toon link. I got the last one in gamestop. :)
He's the only one besides rosalina that I really wanted.

Snagged a Mega Man from Target's website awhile ago!

There have been rumors that the others released today will also be available for purchase online there throughout the day, so keep an eye on Target's website if you're looking for: Ike, Mega Man, King Dedede, or Sonic.

I like the Smash version of Rosalina & DK better personally but those are cool too. I like that Wario better than Disguise Wario...

i reeeeally want a rosalina and luma amiibo *-*
i have a villager amiibo but i would like one as a female character haha :D
still waiting for lucina :3

here's a graph for the best 10 selling amiibo in each country if anyone cared

B-BKzb_CIAEGatS.png

[size=-10]lol australia[/size]

Last edited:
Hey look, every other country has at least 1 amiibo in their top 10 that is impossible to find in the US. Well isn't that just great.

Aside from unlocking some features from select games, Iwata is planning to give amiibo one more purpose in the first half of 2015: unlocking a time-based trial of a NES/SNES game for Wii U owners. For those who don't know which characters that have at least one game from one of the two retro consoles, I'll quickly jot down a list of potential compatible amiibo that are either available or announced:

- Mario
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Link
- Kirby
- Donkey Kong
- Samus
- Marth
- Zelda
- Diddy Kong
- Luigi
- Little Mac
- Pit
- Captain Falcon
- Bowser
- Toon Link
- Mega Man
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Ness
- Wario
- Pac-Man
- Toad

Keep in mind, this list purely came from my speculation.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-planning-nes-and-snes-trials-for-amiibo/

Last edited:
Aside from unlocking some features from select games, Iwata is planning to give amiibo one more purpose in the first half of 2015: unlocking a time-based trial of a NES/SNES game for Wii U owners. For those who don't know which characters that have at least one game from one of the two retro consoles, I'll quickly jot down a list of potential compatible amiibo that are either available or announced:

- Mario
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Link
- Kirby
- Donkey Kong
- Samus
- Marth
- Zelda
- Diddy Kong
- Luigi
- Little Mac
- Pit
- Captain Falcon
- Bowser
- Toon Link
- Mega Man
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Ness
- Wario
- Pac-Man
- Toad

Keep in mind, this list purely came from my speculation.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-planning-nes-and-snes-trials-for-amiibo/

wow so you get a demo... yay...

Uuuuuuuuh Walmart. Blech. I think I'll pass on this unless I can snag it for cheap on eBay or something.

Who am I kidding? Like pretty much any other Amiibo this will be impossible to find and sell on the secondary market for 60 bucks.

Gold at Walmart... that's really weird. There's no Walmart around these parts (thank god) so I guess I'd have to go further if I wanted to get one. But yeah what about Silver I wonder.

From the pictures posted there, they're obviously customized Smash Bros. amiibo. Not sure if Nintendo are the ones releasing them. They look all right, but I could make them myself with some patience.

They are customized Amiibo but the weird thing is an actual retailer having dedicated SKUs to some dude's customs. They'd need to have Nintendo's blessing to even consider selling them I would think, seems like serious turf invasion.

@Oath: But why sell them at all through TRU???

Back