• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS Dream Features

Biochao

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Here are the features I think would make Animal Crossing 3DS the perfect Animal Crossing game. I think all of these features could be realistically implemented.

1. New and, or remixed music.
I think almost everyone agrees that the music in Wild World and City Folk was dull. I think music for a game like Animal Crossing, which is a slow and relaxing game, should be exciting and up-beat.
I recently played Dōbutsu no Mori e+ and loved that the title screen music was slightly remixed.
Kazumi Totaka could add the same instuments as he added to the original Animal Crossing's theme to City Folk's theme and I could live with it. Long story short, we need some new music.

2. More people visiting at once.
If Mario Kart DS could link 8 people up locally and Mario Kart Wii could link up to 16 people over wi-fi, it wouldn't be hard for Animal Crossing on the 3DS to have at least 6 people visiting a town. 8 might be the max though as any more and it may be hard to keep track of everyone.

3. MOAR of everything!
If you've ever done some Wii hacking tinkering you may know that City Folk data takes up only about 400MB of the disk. I read somewhere the 3DS cartridge can hold up to 2GB of data as of now. That leaves a lot of space left for new items, characters, collectibles, and DLC.

4. Speaking of DLC
A nice feature of the 3DS are the Spotpass notifications. You get a notification light and a message when something gets downloaded to your game. I always missed City Folk DLC because I wasn't notified. If they are smart they even could send a message with a picture like this:
item1.jpg
They could have done it for the Wii too over WiiConnect24. You just get a message and the light lights up.

Well that's all I have, for now. Anybody have any more reasonable ideas.

Last edited:
1) There's already a suggestion thread
2) I'm pretty sure AC3DS already has new music because you can hear it in the trailer
3) Are you serious? A 3DS game can only hold 2GB of data? That's less then a regular DS game... It's 8GB, not 2GB.

1) More haircuts. (Long hair, there hasn't been long hair in City Folk...)
2) Cars, Boats, Planes. (I don't think THAT will happen, but it would be a cool feature)
3) More K.K. Songs (Including Importing YOUR OWN music in your CD Player. THAT would be THEEE best feature in the game.)

1) More haircuts. (Long hair, there hasn't been long hair in City Folk...)
2) Cars, Boats, Planes. (I don't think THAT will happen, but it would be a cool feature)
3) More K.K. Songs (Including Importing YOUR OWN music in your CD Player. THAT would be THEEE best feature in the game.)

If you're not sexist you be a girl and you get long hair and problem solved. Or you wear a wig

i think he meant how the 3DS has a slot for an SD card, and comes with a 2GB one ready to use?????

I wanna upgrade and change colors of houses including neighbors and nooks!

1) There's already a suggestion thread
2) I'm pretty sure AC3DS already has new music because you can hear it in the trailer
3) Are you serious? A 3DS game can only hold 2GB of data? That's less then a regular DS game... It's 8GB, not 2GB.

I think you have bits and bytes confused. Gigabits are usually abbreviated Gb and Gigabytes are abbreviated GB.
From Wikipedia said:
DS cartridges currently range from 64 megabits to 4 gigabits (8?512 Megabytes) in size (although the maximum capacity is unknown).
Here is where I read about the 2GB 3DS capacity and it also has some more info on the DS card capacity.

The games that were released at launch used the 2GB cartridges. But I'm pretty sure that games like Super Mario 3DS will probably use cartridges with higher memory storage, since 3DS cartridges can be up to 8gb in size.

Hm, I've never seen those articles before, but in my original post I said as of now, and in the second article it says 2GB at launch and up to 8GB later in the 3DS's life. Anyway that just proves my point that they will have a lot of space to work with.

Back