• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Yes, I would consider it.
2) I don't think it's a waste if I get to enjoy one of my favorite franchises ever months early.
3) There will probably be other games in the future that never come outside of Japan that I would want so I see it as a future investment. One example would be Pheonix Wright 5 or Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.

1) the way rich people spend their money is fascinating.

2) if the game is coming out internationally a few months after Japan's release (like you had said) then you seriously can't even wait that long? I'm like... really suprised, everybody has waited over 2 years for the game.. a few months wouldn't hurt. And you don't have to buy a japanese 3ds + the game to enjoy the franchise. Just watch the gameplay videos/ trailers / commercials maybe? there would probably be thousands of videos uploaded.. enough to last you till the game releases internationally.

3) do you even know how to read japanese? How are you supposed to play a game like professor layton (which is like more than 80% text) ? i mean with animal crossing it would seem more plausible but professor layton seriously? And they're releasing the recent professor layton 3ds game internationally so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the ace attorney one. There's a high demand for that franchise outside of Japan. So you can't just say it would never happen.

p.s. If you know how to read japanese then i take all this back.. but it would still be a stupid idea regardless.

1) the way rich people spend their money is fascinating.

2) if the game is coming out internationally a few months after Japan's release (like you had said) then you seriously can't even wait that long? I'm like... really suprised, everybody has waited over 2 years for the game.. a few months wouldn't hurt. And you don't have to buy a japanese 3ds + the game to enjoy the franchise. Just watch the gameplay videos/ trailers / commercials maybe? there would probably be thousands of videos uploaded.. enough to last you till the game releases internationally.

3) do you even know how to read japanese? How are you supposed to play a game like professor layton (which is like more than 80% text) ? i mean with animal crossing it would seem more plausible but professor layton seriously? And they're releasing the recent professor layton 3ds game internationally so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the ace attorney one. There's a high demand for that franchise outside of Japan. So you can't just say it would never happen.

p.s. If you know how to read japanese then i take all this back.. but it would still be a stupid idea regardless.

I actually played Pokemon White in Japanese with out actually reading it, completed the game and did pretty much everything with out ROM's or walk throughs.

srsly though, he can buy one if he wants, you really dont need to flame him, he can spend his money on what he wants and I actually do see it as an investment (as other Japanese exclusive games would be nice for it).

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but i'm not flaming him

I actually played Pokemon White in Japanese with out actually reading it, completed the game and did pretty much everything with out ROM's or walk throughs.

srsly though, he can buy one if he wants, you really dont need to flame him, he can spend his money on what he wants and I actually do see it as an investment (as other Japanese exclusive games would be nice for it).

Personally, I wouldn't do it, but i'm not flaming him

well congratz on finishing a japanese version without a walkthrough. How fun was it playing the game not knowing what the heck is going on? Must have also been really fun battling trainers not knowing which move is which.

and im not flaming him. I already said before that he can do whatever he wants with his money. it's my opinion that it's a stupid idea so if everybody disagrees then i understand, I'm not going to tell him to "stfu" about it.

Edit: I agree with your idea of playing Japanese exclusive games but what's the point if you don't even understand the language. It just kills the fun of the game

Last edited:
I'd only buy the jap 3DS if the NA version was in like May 2013 or beyond

I'd only buy the jap 3DS if the NA version was in like May 2013 or beyond

oh please don't jinx it cus i really really don't want that to happen. I'm going to be so busy next year that i won't even be able to pick up my 3ds let alone play it ==

If I bought a Japanese 3DS it would be for games exclusive to Japan (EX: Hatsune Miku) and perhaps early previews of games. It would also be a good way for me to perfect me Japanese.

Alot of you need to calm down and stop telling people to "stfu", "gtfo" etc. It's not needed and not at all nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back