• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS might be downloadable on the eShop

i was saying, if we were able to do the molti city just by using more then one mem card, how someone could make a city then sale it.
does what i say not make sence to everyone or just bidoof?

Actually, I very rarely understand what you are typing...I just try to be polite and not say so.

"to do the molti city" what the hell is molti?

i'm pretty sure it's everyone

I understand what he's saying, it just takes a little time to figure it out.

if he just tried to type properly, everything'd be good

A few times I've had to double check what you've wrote to make sure I read it properly, sometimes it can be kinda unclear what you mean, sorry :(

I feel completely discouraged.
I do try, I put a lot of thought into what I type and how I type it. This is the best I have done on any forum.

Forget it. It's not like I post anything of use on here anyway..

I got no one to blame but myself, I brought this one on me this time.

Last edited:
owning the box makes it all worth while when you look at it years later. :)
True, especially if you're a video game collector/player such as myself.
I have a good amount of new and sealed video games as I tend to open a game, play it, complete it and then open the next one and because some games will take longer to complete than others, I have this huge backlog of 20 new and sealed video games.

I agree completely with what you all have to say about the feelings attached to actually owning a physical copy of a game. It is a different experience. I saw a couple pages back some people were worried about the file size of the downloadable version. I don't know if this was ever resolved, but 3DS games usually run about 1 gig, which isn't too much trouble for most internet connections to handle in a reasonable timeframe nowadays. I will be purchasing a physical version, but I am not at all opposed to the convenience of buying the game from the eShop. I just wish there was a simple way to transfer the purchase to another system if you lose your 3DS or it breaks. The possibility of this happening is one of the main concerns that drives me away from digital purchases.

Hiya! At first I thought: 'Wow! Being able to download the game onto your system will make it so much easier and handier,' But now after I read all of the comments and why it would be a bad idea... I might just get the real copy on a card. It wouldn't feel the same... I would feel like I am missing something...

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

P.s. Add me on the 3DS!

rising sun said:
My GameStop has everything priced about the same as WallyWorld (Walmart). Maybe they only overprice in Australia?
Same here ( In US) If anything Gamestop has the best prices of any brick and mortar store!

Bidoof said:
these are pretty much my reasons;

I've just actually started to think on download times. I mean, it's quiet a large instalment, i wonder how long download time will take.
Thats a very minor issue I mean at the very most only a few hours.

Last edited:
Same here ( In US) If anything Gamestop has the best prices of any brick and mortar store!

I doubt it would even be a few hours. As I previously posted, all of the 3DS games I have seen thus far clock in at around 1 gig. Most internet connections in the US should be able to handle that quickly and without any difficulty.

I doubt it would even be a few hours. As I previously posted, all of the 3DS games I have seen thus far clock in at around 1 gig. Most internet connections in the US should be able to handle that quickly and without any difficulty.
I agree I just stated a worst case scenario.

I feel completely discouraged.
I do try, I put a lot of thought into what I type and how I type it. This is the best I have done on any forum.

Forget it. It's not like I post anything of use on here anyway..

I got no one to blame but myself, I brought this one on me this time.
We're not trying to be rude, we're just asking you to check your posts before you post them, to make sure they'll make sense to other members

Hiya! At first I thought: 'Wow! Being able to download the game onto your system will make it so much easier and handier,' But now after I read all of the comments and why it would be a bad idea... I might just get the real copy on a card. It wouldn't feel the same... I would feel like I am missing something...

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

P.s. Add me on the 3DS!
I'm pretty sure this is for a lot of people, i mean yes, downloading the game is very handy, if not a huge(ish) step for nintendo, but everyone would feel like they're missing something

But still, in that time i could go out and buy the game.

I still don't understand why Nintendo is doing this. Does Sony do this with the PS Vita? No. They should not sell retail titles digitally in my opinion. Arcade games.eShop games/PSN downloadable titles, fine, those are actually really cool features to have and I fully support things such as those but in my opinion companies should not sell games over their consoles/handhelds unless the title IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY IN STORES OR ONLINE ANYMORE. Then, go ahead, but if physical cartridges or discs are able to be bought, a company should not sell their retail games (something that does physically exist and isn't a download that started as a download) digitally unless they can't be bought from somewhere else as a psychical disc/cartridge.

Though I can understand convenience, like it says, only playable on that 3DS. Why would you want that? You can get a perfectly fine cartridge with the same content, and have it be mobile.

Just my thoughts.

personally, I would prefer to have a hard copy of the game. I like reading the little messages and slogans on the box, keeps me amused for a few minutes!
sure it would be handy to have it sold on the eShop, if you lose the sd card you can just re-download it without actually having to buy another game card. but, what if you get bored of the game? you can't give it to anyone, seeing as the game is registered to your 3DS, and what if you lose your 3DS? plus, wouldn't it be much quicker to move your butt and actually buy a hard copy?
just a few opinions.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why Nintendo is doing this. Does Sony do this with the PS Vita? No. They should not sell retail titles digitally in my opinion. Arcade games.eShop games/PSN downloadable titles, fine, those are actually really cool features to have and I fully support things such as those but in my opinion companies should not sell games over their consoles/handhelds unless the title IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY IN STORES OR ONLINE ANYMORE. Then, go ahead, but if physical cartridges or discs are able to be bought, a company should not sell their retail games (something that does physically exist and isn't a download that started as a download) digitally unless they can't be bought from somewhere else as a psychical disc/cartridge.

Though I can understand convenience, like it says, only playable on that 3DS. Why would you want that? You can get a perfectly fine cartridge with the same content, and have it be mobile.

Just my thoughts.

personally, I would prefer to have a hard copy of the game. I like reading the little messages and slogans on the box, keeps me amused for a few minutes!
sure it would be handy to have it sold on the eShop, if you lose the sd card you can just re-download it without actually having to buy another game card. but, what if you get bored of the game? you can't give it to anyone, seeing as the game is registered to your 3DS, and what if you lose your 3DS? plus, wouldn't it be much quicker to move your butt and actually buy a hard copy?
just a few opinions.

These two posts have some very good points, actually.
I never thought of redownloading if you lose the game card, smart idea there.
But i still think hard copy > Downloaded copy

As I've read a lot of reasoning for those in favor of physical copies is that they enjoy reading the manual and other pieces of paper that come with the game. Its unfortunate that most games are making their manuals extremely short and basic with no amusing stuff to read. Saints Row trilogy is a perfect example of the decrease in manual effort.

Last edited:
Back