• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing Blogs - Will You Follow?

Will you/do you follow any town blogs?

• Yes

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I might later on

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

Torotix

Resident archen
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Easter Bunny
Classic Easter Egg
I'm aware there are other threads about Animal Crossing blogs but I wanted to add the poll in so here we are.

Social networking has popped up a lot since the days of PG and even WW. I know dozens of people who have created blogs and video journals for their past animal crossing games, and I probably know dozens more who are planning to do so with their New Leaf games.

Are you going to make a public New Leaf blog/diary which you will update with your town adventures?
Where are you making this blog? Tumblr, Blogspot, the Blog function on this forum?
Do you follow any town blogs currently? Are you planning on following any/more when the game comes out?

What do you think makes a good town blog/what things do you look for before you follow a blog? What makes a bad town blog?

If no to the first questions, why don't you feel the need to make a diary, or why don't you want to follow town blogs?

I can't wait to see everyone's blogs on the game. I might make one, I think it would be nice to look back on it and see the beginnings of my town again. If I make one I would probably do it on Tumblr but I might do a video or two if I could get it to a decent quality.

The only blog I follow at the present is Sosostris.com - I did watch Linandko but got bored of watching AC videos so I don't anymore;

I have a blog on blogspot ready for use to show gameplay when it comes out; I was gonna do videos but that'd be too full on

Yes. I already have an AC blog which I used to use for CF, but am waiting for NL to start posting stuff again. :)

I have created a tumblr and a google blogger thing just for posting and remembering my ACNL adventures. I really can't decide which I like better. I haven't posted anything on either one, just a countdown clock. I am following a lot of people on tumblr, but so far it seems very juvenile. I realize that I'm probably a weirdo because I'm 33 and am dying to play this game. So many of the AC tumblr blogs that I follow have so much teenage angst, it's a bit too much for me. I like how it's so easy to follow people and see so much info on there, but I could do without all the "nobody likes me" and "I have no friends" and all the quick tempers about ridiculous things. I'm hoping that maybe once the game actually comes out there will be so much to talk about in the game that there will be less of these woeful type posts on there. If not, I'll be using google blogger.
I've never done any blogging before, I had a flickr account where I shared my CF pictures back in the day but a blog sounds fun. ;)

I have a tumblr one. I tried to do a daily blog but then my studies & social life got in the way lol, so now I only post about things which I think are memorable or interesting, eg new building etc.

I only follow some blogs which post up designs and twitter accounts of creators.

For now I just follow Sosostris and occasionally watch Linandko. I have my own thing set up for when I get my game, but I'll probably follow a few others if I like their towns or something really keeps me in.

I'm already following a few NL blogs on Tumblr. I have one ready to use for NL as well. I use Tumblr for my Tamagotchi collection and I LOVE looking back over some of the Tamagotchis I've raised. I want to have the same for NL, where I can go back and watch my town progress.

No, unless it is REALLY entertaining and interesting. Once I get the game I will probably just be sucked into my own town and not feel the need to follow what is going on in other peoples towns.

I used to watch Joshy and linandko but am bored of watching other people play.

I've got my own animal crossing blog on tumblr that will also be my town blog. I'll probably follow any interesting blogs I come across while I'm there though! :3

I set up a Tumblr, mostly for my own use. I reblogged a few things that I'd like to have easy access to anywhere as I work away from home during the week and having it saved to a computer or flash drive and carrying it about is too much effort for me to not lose it!
I am currently writing about my WW (and poorly maintained CF) town and anything I'm looking to find out/want to do etc with NL. If I get followed, I get followed, but for me, it's about keeping things in one place, online! I'm getting a guide for when I'm not near a computer-every night after work-so that can help me out when I'm not online.

I'm following blogs too, mostly the ones that post more things I'm interested in-lots of QR/Dream codes, tips and tricks, guides (like Jake from here!)

I recently started following some Animal Crossing Tumblrs. I plan on setting up a small Tumblr to share screenshots of my town provided we are able to use the screenshot upload that multiple gaming news sources have been talking about.

I've started following some AC blogs and future NL blogs on tumblr. I also have my own NL blog on tumblr, but I don't document every single thing I do each day.

I recently started a new tumblr blog for just following AC blogs and ACNL blogs. I haven't posted anything on the blog yet but once I get the game I'd like to make it like a journal/diary of my character and all the things that happen in town. I think the majority of it will be screenshots though or half screenshots half text but I haven't fully decided yet. I might also post some other ACNL related stuff like QR codes I like and that kinda thing too.

I'm already following a lot of blogs that are waiting for New Leaf. And I even have my own waiting and doing the 100 day countdown on Tumblr. I'll follow a lot more and try to find people to wifi with when the game actually comes out. c:

Me and my boyfriend are gonna do a couple blog since we're both getting it. \ o /

I have an ACNL blog set up, though I think I'll be changing the theme soon. I also follow the majority of blogs that follow me as long as it'll be primarily ACNL. Mine is going to have updates through photos/text on my villagers, my character and overall how the town is going (first person). I'm really excited. :)

No, unless it is REALLY entertaining and interesting. Once I get the game I will probably just be sucked into my own town and not feel the need to follow what is going on in other peoples towns.

I used to watch Joshy and linandko but am bored of watching other people play.

I'll follow what goes on in other people's towns because ya'll are gonna probably have stuff that I want for my catalog :p

I hope MadameWario figures out how to record for the 3DS so I can see her NL vids. I'd love that.

i follow some on tumblr and when i get the game i will probably post pictures of my game too. but i doubt i'll be super into it like some people are. i'm 28 and have a job so most of my free time will be devoted to playing the game, not blogging about it.

Back