Animal Crossing E3

I said I'd sell ACNH if they couldn't be pressed to announce anything around E3 because I can't be bothered waiting on them either. That's the 2nd IP Nintendo has ruined for me and there's only 1 left I still care about. So I'm currently in the process of putting my copy on ebay.

Gonna need that shmoney for Metroid Dread after all LMAO

It’s $59.99 on the website unless you mean in another currency.

One of the best announcements of the direct 🥰
Post automatically merged:

That's the 2nd IP Nintendo has ruined for me and there's only 1 left I still care about.
Ruined? How did they do that? AC has never had more fans. 😅

You can blame Splatoon for that. 🙃
I really don't think there's as much overlap in the teams as people think. Nintendo EPD is a massive studio that makes not just Animal Crossing and Splatoon, but also Zelda, Mario, and various others. When discussing the development of Splatoon 1, Miyamoto mentioned taking only about 10 people from the AC team.

I'm a little shocked. I was fully expecting something to be shown at E3. My prediction on this thread was that they would at least mention "update coming next month" or something along those lines.

I have loved every second of NH and honestly think its the best AC game yet. I have poured hundred of hours into it; way more than any other AC game and I've been playing since the first!. However, Nintendo definitely set expectation high with promising updates. Nintendo has really taken a sketchy turn in the past few years and it makes me sad. I will probably be playing NH a lot less now as I'm officially convinced updates will be few, far between, and not very substantial. I still hold hope for a big update one day, but not this year.

This is sad, but I also got so much out of this game already, that I really have no issues with the game itself, just Nintendo's marketing and lack of transparency.

Ah, my prediction that we’re going to get another round of AAAA THE GAME IS DOOMED is accurate. Kinda disappointed, but a kind of “oh” disappointment, not the kind of disappointment I had with the Mario and 1.10 updates. But I’m also disappointed there’s no Donkey Kong or Splatoon 3, so… *shrugs shoulders*

But given the updates post-March appear to have the same release pattern as last year, we’re probably going to get an announcement for 1.11 later this month, for release in the first week of next month… unless it’s at the end of next month :mad:

I’m not giving up with this game, dammit. I still know there’s stuff that’s at least in development, or has mysterious placeholders. I know that’s coming at some point, so I can ultimately point my ire elsewhere, like the game’s myriad of QOL features that take a lot of the fun out of the game or make it unnecessarily harder, because that’s ultimately the problem for me atm.

On the plus side: NEW 2D METROID! NEW MARIO PARTY (although it looks like Mario Party: The Top 100 on 3DS)! THEY BROUGHT BACK ADVANCE WARS! AND YEEEES, NEW WARIOWARE (although I’m not sure about the characters being in the microgames?) BREATH OF THE WILD 2! (is launching next year)

Nintendos doing nh dirty lol. it’s 2nd best selling switch game, and close to matching sales of all previous ac games combined but they‘re totally neglecting it. like from a business standpoint i don’t get why they didn‘t put more effort into capitalizing on the lightning in a bottle moment they had last year?? like i get covid happened but............ if effort can be put into the 20th anniversary of an irrelevant franchise, surely more can be done with ac. it’s almost like Nintendo themselves underestimates ac as a franchise like a lot of people did pre-nh lol

Last edited:
So nothing was shown at E3 about Animal Crossing. Not really surprised to be honest. I watched the majority of the direct and only went, "Oh, okay." aside from more footage of BotW 2.

Man, I would have gotten a diagonal bingo if they just hinted at an update hahaha.
1623778235780.png

If nothing is said during Treehouse, then that's that. Would be nice to know how the pipeline looks currently. Are they still planning to support the game with updates? Is it just locking and unlocking seasonal stuff now? Some transparency would be great to have sometime soon.

An essay - can't say I'm too disappointed because:
1. in the current version they had introduced the usual seasonal trinkets all the way up to late July, before August's currently unavailable fireworks, which indicated the next update would likely drop then.
2. their track record ever since the last interesting update in April of last year (Redd + Leif) implies to me that they no longer have the intention of doing much more than tweaks and clutter items. This was aggravated by the focus shifting from content to cosmetics and pretty islands, as well as at least half the fanbase online giving Nintendo a pass for one reason or another, instead of pressuring them to do this game justice. At least now it seems more people are starting to feel ignored.
3. purely speculation on my part but I suspect they don't want New Horizons to be "too good" and lure customers away completely from their cash cow mobile games.

TL,DR: I saw this coming, but still gave them the benefit of the doubt in what could have been a Summer update revival with multiplayer minigames brought back. This was the final nail in the coffin for me though, and while I'll continue playing ACNH sometimes, I can now safely say after currently playing Wild World for the first time and going back to New Leaf and Happy Home Designer, that New Horizons is the weakest entry in the series in everything except graphics and 5 minute holidays (plenty of those).

I don't allow myself get caught up in hype, so while I would've liked to have seen some big new update, I'm not all that torn up about the lack of anything to do with ACNH at this year's E3. It's a bit disappointing since the game currently lacks incentive to play on a regular basis a year post-launch, but hopefully something substantial will come at some point in the future. Until such a hypothetical time, there are other things that can keep me occupied.

I know this might offend some people but, I don't know what Nintendo is doing with the game anymore. They started out great, adding lief, redd, a museum expansion, diving, pascal, fireworks, and the big November update. But now we haven't had anything new since March. I personally don't mind it as even if they don't add the missing npcs, I'll be sad, but I'll understand. But what i'm more worried about is the community itself. People were already mad when nothing was announced, and if this keeps up, people are gonna lose it. So I know the real Nintendo isn't on this site, but if someone who knows someone who works at Nintendo, tell them this:

Acnh is an ok game to me. It's not the best game on the earth, nor on the switch, nor for its series, but the game deserves something new. Otherwise my fear is the community will be split like it already is, but worse. There will only be 2 sides: people who love the game and people who don't. So please please PLEASE add something new! Otherwise it's just going to make it worse. Unless if nh is just a cash grab at this point.

They didn't show nothing. I don't care that much but I'm worried that the site's community will split apart
Ehh this has been happening at every E3 and Nintendo Direct since i’ve been on this site. People get upset, people calm down, then they move on.

This is nothing new for nintendo to receive this much backlash for lack of AC content.

It’s unfortunate they do AC like this but it’s also not surprising

Acnh is an ok game to me. It's not the best game on the earth, nor on the switch, nor for its series, but the game deserves something new. Otherwise my fear is the community will be split like it already is, but worse. There will only be 2 sides: people who love the game and people who don't. So please please PLEASE add something new! Otherwise it's just going to make it worse. Unless if nh is just a cash grab at this point.

Oh, I am afraid that has already started. For some people, no news is worse than a small update announcement.

Alright thats it I am done! I refuse to play this game even longer. I am going back to playing old AC games. Clearly Nintendo doesn't seem to care. They had their chance to show that they are still working on the game, but they blew it. Pfft what a disappointment. I tried SO hard to give hope that this game would get an update and I tried to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt that they will at least acknowledge what to look forward to in Animal Crossing New Horizons but they did not.

6 months, For 6 months we've been waiting for a huge update to happen and we tried our best to be patient and to hope that we would get updates that the game needed, instead we got small updates to existing events that we've played before and just more new seasonal items. They are cool don't get me wrong, but its not enough to even play the game. Returning players like me are very disappointed that Nintendo didn't even mentioned how well Animal Crossing New Horizons has helped everyone during a time when the world was in a lockdown.

When I was watching the Direct I went in with no expectations. Of course they showed games that I do like and I had no issues there, but the moment when we were getting to the end is where I started to feel nervous. They showed Breath of the Wild 2 and that was it. It was enough for me to snap. I am sorry but I am just done with this game. I have lost all hope for any updates and its too little too late right now. People can say whatever they want about "being patient" but right now I've waited long enough and now I am just going to put this game down.
someone already pointed this out, but if you’re that disappointed you clearly were expecting something. not to mention that you’ve been on this forum complaining about how you want to quit acnh at various intervals for months; what makes E3 the straw that breaks the camel’s back? even if we did get an update — and I will admit I would’ve liked one, and I’m mildly disappointed we got nothing — you’d be back here in a week complaining that it wasn’t enough and that now for real this time you’ll be quitting the game.

someone already pointed this out, but if you’re that disappointed you clearly were expecting something. not to mention that you’ve been on this forum complaining about how you want to quit acnh at various intervals for months; what makes E3 the straw that breaks the camel’s back? even if we did get an update — and I will admit I would’ve liked one, and I’m mildly disappointed we got nothing — you’d be back here in a week complaining that it wasn’t enough and that now for real this time you’ll be quitting the game.
My thoughts exactly. 😊 I’ve just grown tired of replying to those type of people. 😅

Well yeah nothing big but I was. As with the complaining I wasn't doing that for months I think you have some confusion. And I'd only be disappointed because this game gets a lot of hate and I saw that if there was a new update, there would be less hate. But looke here, Nintendo doesn't release anything, which I'm a little disappointed with but that's not my main issue. My main issue is what's going to happen with the hate. If fans who want some old things added to the game see the update, realize nothing new is coming and start complaining, how could you blame them or me? Clearly we all want something weather you hate the game, or if you love it

Back