My Animal Crossing copy is stuck on the initial loading screen.

Catbee

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Hello! So I recently tried to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons after I logged off last time, but its frozen on the initial loading screen! I think it might have been because I switched to a different game while picking a location for a house in Happy Home Paradise. I was wondering if anyone here had a fix for this issue so I can play Animal Crossing again. I really don't want to lose my island!

How good is your internet connection? I never had that issue even when the dlc was first released.

Did you try exiting off booting up the game again?

Hello! So I recently tried to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons after I logged off last time, but its frozen on the initial loading screen! I think it might have been because I switched to a different game while picking a location for a house in Happy Home Paradise. I was wondering if anyone here had a fix for this issue so I can play Animal Crossing again. I really don't want to lose my island!
Wait, did you just eject the game card while it was still playing?
If you’ve got a backup of your island, you’ll only lose like a day’s progress but I’m not sure on the logistics of how to actually load a backup

Wait, did you just eject the game card while it was still playing?
If you’ve got a backup of your island, you’ll only lose like a day’s progress but I’m not sure on the logistics of how to actually load a backup
The game auto-saves. If the game was saved before they ejected the game card, not much is lost.

The game auto-saves. If the game was saved before they ejected the game card, not much is lost.
Yeah good point. I was just thinking there’s a chance the data got corrupted if the ejection happened during a save or something, in which case a backup would have to be used instead to retrieve it

Did you try exiting off booting up the game again?

If you pulled the game cart out, the system would just give you a black screen error which you would then have to exit out of. If this is a digital copy then the only way to play a different game would be to close out of the previous game/software you were using. I am not sure what you did.

Yeah good point. I was just thinking there’s a chance the data got corrupted if the ejection happened during a save or something, in which case a backup would have to be used instead to retrieve it
Oh, OK then. So in response to what you previously said...
This is the best method I could find for using the backup.

Reactions: Doo
hi!! i’m not sure if you’re still looking for a reply here, but i’m posting because this same thing JUST happened to me. was playing totally fine, the exited out. tried to reopen the game and got stuck on the initial loading screen (like it froze after 10 seconds). went to check my backup/save file and it said ‘no save data’, so thaaaat’s when i started to panic.
all i did was turn my switch completely off (shut down), and then i turned it back on. my save loaded up just fine, and i immediately did a backup LOL and saved my file like 5 times. it seems to be working just fine like it was (knock on wood) but that’s just what i did in case you’re still having this problem.

don’t forget to back up your save immediately!!!

edit; i keep checking on my island every like 10 minutes LOL. i’ve had it since release day so when i saw this my heart literally dropped outta my ass, hopefully is just my OCD effing with me a little LMAO

Back