• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing GameCube

~Unicorn~

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Jack
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Coco
Black Feather
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pinky
A couple of days ago, I decided to start playing the original Animal Crossing on my laptop. I just loved seeing the villager's attitudes in video gameplays and wanted to play it myself. Plus, it's fun to see how the game has developed from then until now.

I've only played the game a little bit (still working for Tom Nook), but I can already see so many things in the original that I wish were in New Leaf:

-Bigger town. The GameCube town is HUGE compared to the New Leaf one. Even with the map, I still get lost. But apparently, once we get the most town customizing options in an animal crossing game, the town space becomes so small?? Really?

-The attitudes! Villager dialogue in New Leaf is so boring and too nice compared to GameCube! I watched a video showing their saltiness in the original and was amazed. The villagers actually had personality back then.

I've only recently started, so I might find more things in the game that should've been in New Leaf. Anyway, back to playing! And I hope Nintendo improves in the Switch version. If it ever releases, though.

I flipped on mine the other day (also via laptop) Camofrog was not happy to be left so long.
And the weeds. The weeds! :(

yooo that's cool! my sister and i made a new town on our old copy so we've been playing a bit more often recently (and when i say more i mean like once a month lmao)

I defo agree with the villagers' personalities being watered down a lot in new leaf. BRING BACK VILLAGER SALT 2K18

Back