Animal Crossing movie apparently gets official English dub in 2020

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Kinda surprised that nobody noticed this before. It looks like as if the Animal Crossing movie, which came out 2006 in Japan only, finally gets an official English dub. It's set to release in March 13 2020 in NA, just a week before New Horizons comes out.

Here is the source if you want to check it out on your own: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10575360/

Well, took them a damn long time to do this, but better late than never, right?

I think Nintendo should've focused more on making a movie centered around New Horizons instead. I'm sure there will be fans ecstatic for this movie to release in English form, and I'm pretty curious, myself, what the voice acting will sound like, but how odd will it be that this movie obviously made to promote Wild World, having both music and aspects from that game (like Capp'n driving you in a cab, Tortimer as Mayor, ect) will serve to promote New Horizons? Might leave some new comers confused, me thinks. It would sort of be like running smash 64 ads to promote smash ultimate.

Oh well, I'll have to agree with better late than never for anyone who hasn't already watched it or is also curious about the dubbing.

Finally, now maybe I can actually watch without the video getting deleted from YouTube. I really wish they could do something I like this again, but I know it'll never happen. :(

Well this is a good thing to see since i've been wondering for quite sometime of how the movie in official english dub sounds like

But yeah, it's still better to see New Horizons Movie instead...

Really huh? Seems that the US is finally putting this movie into their region.

Makes me think if they should do a sequel to the movie where Ai moves out of town and becomes mayor of another town, and of course meet new friends and reunite with Margie. We can have Isabelle in the sequel too.

Last edited:
Ah this movie xD I watched like 5 minutes and stoped. Nothing for me. The main charakter is like 10. Nah I rather play the game. But it's great for evryone who like the movie and want to watch it with eng dub :)

i look forward to seeing it, im sure the art style is super cute and the story will be lovely :)

Ahhh, awesome! I only got to watch part of it, so being able to watch it fully would be the best! Can't wait for next year... >.<

if that's true... then, i'd see it in official english as well... i love that movie ^^

i think i watched the movie a long time ago so i’m definitely interested to see what the english dub is like aha

Back