• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizon is not a console game!

I thought the 8 friend houses on an island was a bit excessive honestly when I first heard it.

But, what single-player content do you feel has been limited in New Horizons? Just the villager limit? Or other things?

Villagers limit and Map size. Personality complain is due to parents complaining and doesn't have anything to do with console vs handheld. But these three things are extremely important to me. I spend so much time watching GC dialogues and laughing out loud. I don't get that with NL at all and WW was much better than NL but very tame compare to how awesome GC villagers were.

Villagers limit and Map size. Personality complain is due to parents complaining and doesn't have anything to do with console vs handheld. But these three things are extremely important to me. I spend so much time watching GC dialogues and laughing out loud. I don't get that with NL at all and WW was much better than NL but very tame compare to how awesome GC villagers were.

The map is larger than New Leaf, though. New Leaf was 30 Acres, and New Horizons is 36 Acres. That's an improvement.

From all the gameplays I've watched, the villagers are definitely more funny, charming, and life-like than the previous titles. You don't have to be mean to be funny or make someone laugh...

I didn't mention any of the stuff in your first paragraph because I am only talking about the three missing features from this game. I want mean Villagers back because mean villagers are real. It make the world feel real just like in real life, you have nice and you have mean neighbors. Villagers who are always nice to you is boring. Mean villagers insult are funny and laugher is the best medicine for sadness. I rather laugh then cry, and laughing is good medicine. Plus mean villagers channel my emotion better because I would either A) hate them or B) want to change them into liking me. It give me incentive to either be mean to them or slowly change them to my liking. I'm not saying have no nice villagers but there need to be a balance unlike New Leaf. My favorite part of WW was literally talking to the villagers every day something I completely ignore in NL.

if i had rude villagers on my island, when im trying to escape from the harsh judgements of reality, id just quit the game or kick them off and never have a snooty or cranky villager. sure it could reflect the real world, but dude this is a whole video game of talking animals. there is no real world in here and there never was. who's electing tortimer into office?? who's electing ME in new leaf?? if you want wild world, i don't think you'll find it in new horizons.

i think what OP means does not quite correlate with the original post or title. i believe that, essentially, if you go into this game harboring disappointment, you will be disappointed, and if you look on the bright side and let yourself get excited for the new features, you'll have more fun. it's really up to personal experience. and it's a game produced for the general public, so they will not cater to everyone's specific requests
anyways it comes out soon and it looks beautiful and i'm excited :)

My title doesn't show the underlying reason why I want these features without reading my many posts in my old account. The main reason is loneliness and as much fun as I had with WW and NL, that feeling remain. Doesn't mean I don't love the game, but it leave a lot to be desire. Moreso even in NL than WW because how generic NL animals were. And if we are being honest, there not many social game like the Sims or Animal Crossing where you can just find a different game. This type of genre is extremely niche and limited.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The map is larger than New Leaf, though. New Leaf was 30 Acres, and New Horizons is 36 Acres. That's an improvement.

It is larger and yet still much smaller than the GC version. Meanwhile Animal Villagers count has not improve from NL and is still 2/3 smaller than GC despite being a more powerful console.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol I say we give it a chance, we've only seen snipets from reviewers and even they aren't allowed to tell us everything yet. I'm choosing to be hopeful because the AC series has been my favorite since I was five years old. I'm looking forward to being able to place furniture outside and to basically re-arrange my landscape so that it caters to what I prefer.

Yes it is one of my favorite as well that why it disappointing to know that it feel more like a handheld than a true console game (IMO). Review don't matter, land size and # of villagers remain the same. It will be better than WW and NL thanks to all the new mechanics but it will see have that lonely and empty feeling because the world is too small.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The number of villagers does not make the game.
I don't see where you're going with this?

I don't want the game to feel empty and lonely.

This person is literally stating their personal wishes and wants for New Horizons and is being attacked for it? They are a troll because they wished New Horizons had a few features they have been hoping for, for years? They are self-centered because they are personally disappointed that New Horizons doesn’t seem to have the option to let players pick whether they prefer a larger villager cap over having 8 spaces for players?

I really don’t understand the treatment that people who simply want to engage with the community about their individual feelings regarding to new game are getting. Sure, their title may sound offensive but from their replies you can obviously see that this was not their original intention. They simply wanted to discuss their disappointment regarding certain aspects of the game. They have stated multiple times that the game has amazing graphics and indeed looks great yet people are accusing them of saying the opposite? From what I have read it doesn’t seem like op intends to displace their individual feelings about the game so far onto others so why are people acting like they are? Are they not allowed to be disappointed about certain things that seem to be confirmed?

This person is obviously a fan of the game and does not deserve to be treated the way they are currently being treated. Great going.

Regarding the influx of perceived negativity perhaps people thought this site would be a safe place to state their personal feelings regarding the game since there is obviously a lot of hostility towards people who aren’t completely happy with everything that we’ve heard so far. This doesn’t seem to be the case though as people with differing opinions are still being attacked even on this forum.

Instead of attacking people why not try to lift those who are sad or concerned about certain things spirits. Seeing this behavior makes me more sad than seeing all the “negative” posts that some feel are taking over the forum.

Oh. Literally only those three things and they are mostly just surrounding the villagers. I have been playing the original Animal Crossing and it constantly surprises me how rude they are. I might be an outlier because I have the exact opposite opinion you have! :p I hope they have the best of both worlds and make the villagers more lively and charming but without them being outride rude all the time.

We just won't know unless you start watching the people who are getting it early and streaming it. Then you can make the best choice for you.

if i had rude villagers on my island, when im trying to escape from the harsh judgements of reality, id just quit the game or kick them off and never have a snooty or cranky villager. sure it could reflect the real world, but dude this is a whole video game of talking animals. there is no real world in here and there never was. who's electing tortimer into office?? who's electing ME in new leaf?? if you want wild world, i don't think you'll find it in new horizons.

You need a different outlook on life if you let fictional characters made of pixels affect you. :p

You need a different outlook on life if you let fictional characters made of pixels affect you. :p

That's not the issue. It just really adds up and that kind of negativity ruins the relaxation and escape aspect of the game. Some people just want to escape from those things

- - - Post Merge - - -

idk i use that lil game to escape people like you so i think im fine with my current outlook. :p

I understand how you feel but that comment was uncalled for

That's not the issue. It just really adds up and that kind of negativity ruins the relaxation and escape aspect of the game. Some people just want to escape from those things

- - - Post Merge - - -

I understand how you feel but that comment was uncalled for

Exactly. That was a bit of an insensitive comment.

All of the Animal Crossing games are console games other than Pocket Camp, the lone mobile game. But it's going to feel 100% like a home console game when I sit with it on the big screen, controller in hand. I assume it will also feel 100% like a handheld game when I'm playing with the tablet handheld. That's the whole idea with what the Nintendo Switch was going for though- being a hybrid system. It seems like your argument is more so about features that will make it comparable to the things you enjoyed seeing in the GameCube game more so than if it is a console game or a handheld vs. home console game. No shame in having preferences and opinions, but this may be where people are getting confused about what you're trying to say.

I think this is an unfair thing to say. That would be like saying "you shouldn't let moments in books or movies affect you because they aren't real".

I think this is an unfair thing to say. That would be like saying "you shouldn't let moments in books or movies affect you because they aren't real".

That's not exactly what they meant be that. They meant that you shouldn't let a character programmed to insult you keep you down. The problem is that people really want to escape from that kind of negativity and don't want it in their cute animal game

That is true to some extent. If your favorite movie character died, should you call into work and say you're in mourning? I was poking fun, I'm sorry if I offended you. :(

People have strong opinions, and even in smol situations with my friends/etc, there's always huge misunderstanding of each other. Communication is very hard, especially when reading someone else's words because some can't express exactly what they're saying that well, and others interpret totally differently or pay attention to only certain parts or.. Not even listen at all and just go by what they think. This forum is generally a nice and welcoming place and it's sad that so many got very mean and lowkey rude.

Back