• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases in Q2 2013 in Europe

Hmm...nothing solid still. To be expected until a little while after the holidays. Can't see it being pushed to the latter half of Q2 so I'm still putting my money on March at the earliest - April/early May at latest.

I have no doubt that when acnl comes out internationally, it'll become a number one seller. Then Nintendo will feel stupid for not releasing it sooner.

I would have thought the North American version would come out before the European version would since there are all those languages to be translated to. There's only one in North America so it should take less time... Seems that's not the case here. NoA must be procrastinating or working on games they consider more important than AC:NL.
I'll still wait for this game no matter how long it takes, though. Even though the wait is getting annoying...

I'm starting to think that EU will get it before the US. Either way it isn't long now, must of us have been waiting years. Just a little longer. :(
I don't really mind what month it comes out in Q2 for EU, I will be finishing college so won't have much time for it anyway if it releases before June. I'm going to guess it will release in June anyways though just because that is about as late as I think they will leave it.

I wish Easter was in April this year. Luckily though, my birthday is on a Friday, and it might just release before then. I re-call Official Nintendo Magazine stating a Spring release, which could be April or May. June is Summer.

I am very sad about it, too.

I hoped for an earlier release. If it is released in June, I can only play it for like a month before I have to go to the Philippines where I participate in a voluntary service for almost a year.

I won't be able to play online or collect European DLC-items, maybe I won't be able to play the game at all. :(

I'm not sure what June is considered. I think the first half is spring and then the last half is summer. That's just what I heard, I have no idea. I just don't expect to get it anytime early in Q2.

Does it really matter which country gets it first?

Australia gets every game last so shut up xo

@Toeto: Nintendo have their reasons

I honestly feel like North America will never get it. It seems like we've been waiting so long that they've decided to cancel it. Lol!

I feel like both The Uk and America Nintendo are just being very lazy...i mean if they are going to take that long, they must only have like less than 20ppl trying to localize it. They should have translated everything while developing the game.... i mean come on. A world wide release date would have been nice. Or at least Nintendo America could stop ignoring it, i mean NintendoUk is at least sort of attempting to talk about it

Everyone will have the game eventually. We know for a fact na and eu will have it before q3.

Everyone will have the game eventually. We know for a fact na and eu will have it before q3.

No, we really don't...they gave us the range dates because they don't know exactly when it will come out...for all we know, they could delay it again.

Has it ever been delayed? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought "early 2013" and "Q2 2013" was the first time Nintendo gave a solid date for NA and EU. The summer 2012 was just a ETA date. Early 2013 definitely doesn't mean the 2nd half

I feel like both The Uk and America Nintendo are just being very lazy...i mean if they are going to take that long, they must only have like less than 20ppl trying to localize it. They should have translated everything while developing the game.... i mean come on. A world wide release date would have been nice. Or at least Nintendo America could stop ignoring it, i mean NintendoUk is at least sort of attempting to talk about it

That's a pretty unappreciative way to look at it. Nintendo doesn't HAVE to localize it, especially at this point where the game has done so well in Japan, and still is. Nobody is ignoring it, they're purposely putting it to the side to make sure the other games coming out get the little bit of attention they need to sell.
You don't start talking about a game and giving out information until it's close to releasing it.

I'm not European or anything but I was hoping they'd get AC NL in March at the latest. And I'd like that for America too.

I live in Australia, so I don't know hw long I'll have to wait :(

Everyone says it's translations that are casuing the wait, but we've already seen an English trailer for the game, and it's been in the translation phase even when the game was in it's early beta stages. Once they write something, it's sent to start translation for a localized release.

It's the Wii U. Nintendo don't wanna release AC:NL or a release date, because they want all focus on that console, because it will be alive for the coming years. It will be Nintendo's next biggest thing, and they want the most sales, and most hype they can get. Instead of releasing AC, they release the Wii U. If you get it and one game, it's already gonna be over 300 dollars, and they know that is a bit of money to spend.

Translating isn't that hard to do at all. As long as you are fluent in that language that is. That's why they have a localization/translation staff. It don't take months to translate a game, that's not the reason it's being held back...

For others, they say it's the difference in holidays. That's also easy, it just takes a few in-game file changes, and then it's ready to go. It don't take months. It's just the Wii U that's stopping the release.

If you actually took time to read that then thanks, and sorry, I rant a lot.
(All this information was discussed over another chat board so, sorry if you don't understand some of it or.... yeah.)

You're exactly right. It has nothing to do with the production of the games, which by this point are completely done.

We're just waiting right now. Nintendo have a date they know they want to release the game, we're just waiting for them to announce it.

Atleast we have some idea of the release, come on guys; think of how long we've all been waiting, a couple more months won't hurt :)It'll all be worth it in the end I'm sure!

The Q2 of 2013, that's quite good to say that all the translation in the game, but still such a long time to go yet :(

Back