• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing official guide

kimmy27

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So, I want to buy the AC guide, but I hear (read online) from a lot of people that it sucks. Some bugs etc are not mentioned for example.
But the only reason I want to buy the guide is for a complete furniture list.

Now my question is: How is the furniture list? is it complete? and does it show all the custom designs you can make with Cyrus?

Is the guide really that bad by the way? Anyone who has it?

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. I've heard a lot of false information from it. It's not very accurate at all.

Besides, you have the internet.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. I've heard a lot of false information from it. It's not very accurate at all.

Besides, you have the internet.

yeah but I havent found a complete furniture list online yet (with pictures) and all the possible mods. Well, one Japanese one, but it's not complete.

Sucks. I own it and don't use it at all.

Does is have the furniture list, incl. if you would custom design it?

yeah but I havent found a complete furniture list online yet (with pictures) and all the possible mods. Well, one Japanese one, but it's not complete.

Does is have the furniture list, incl. if you would custom design it?

Thonky.com has a list, but no pictures. This catalog site has some of the pictures, but not all of them.

I haven't found a site that actually shows what all of the items look like when custom designed. But not even the Prima guide has that. The Prima guide has almost nothing about customizing furniture.

Anyway, moridb is probably the best catalog picture place I know of. It has everything BUT customizing furniture stuff. Yes, it includes DLC.

Thonky.com has a list, but no pictures. This catalog site has some of the pictures, but not all of them.

I haven't found a site that actually shows what all of the items look like when custom designed. But not even the Prima guide has that. The Prima guide has almost nothing about customizing furniture.

Anyway, moridb is probably the best catalog picture place I know of. It has everything BUT customizing furniture stuff. Yes, it includes DLC.

ah, thank you. That was what I was wondering, if the guide had that. Guess I'm not going to buy it afterall. And thanks for the links :)

It's a "Prima" guide and Prima has always been the worse company out there for guides they have never been complete or accurate, I hate that they have a contract with Nintendo for all of their games.

I truly miss Nintendo Powers guides, They were always much better than Prima and even Brady. I've found online guides much more reliable especially the ones that update themselves with new and accurate information.

Ooh, so much hate!

Personally, I get a lot of use of mine. I'd recommend it if, like me, you don't always play your 3DS while at a computer. :)

Ooh, so much hate!

Personally, I get a lot of use of mine. I'd recommend it if, like me, you don't always play your 3DS while at a computer. :)

I remember getting guides for games I didn't even have when I was younger just for the reading and pictures. Could get the New Leaf one for that I bet.

What bothers me about my Prima guide, other than the fact its missing a lot of info and includes a lot of miss-information. Is that the "catalog" is ALL over the book. so when im looking to check something off in the book I have to spend 10 minutes trying to find it. its not alphabetical or in order of types. its just THERE o.o and some stuff is in the front of the book and some is in the back and on other pages x.x

What bothers me about my Prima guide, other than the fact its missing a lot of info and includes a lot of miss-information. Is that the "catalog" is ALL over the book. so when im looking to check something off in the book I have to spend 10 minutes trying to find it. its not alphabetical or in order of types. its just THERE o.o and some stuff is in the front of the book and some is in the back and on other pages x.x

Oh Yes I get so annoyed at that also, even the online version of the guide is a pain to try and search though. So I gave up on both. LOL

Actually I will use my guide when I get a hairstyle, but the guide only tells about the styles it gives no information on colors and doesn't even mention the option for mii makeup. and about the earlier comment about carrying the guide with you when your not near a computer. This guide is very thick and heavy and not something you can just stick in your pocket, and its much bigger than my phone which most of us can use to access the internet as well. But some dont have smart phones so I guess a heavy digest size book is a better option than nothing. heh

Back