• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Spin-offs

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Besides the main Animal Crossing games like Population Growing (GC), Wild World, City Folk,
New Leaf and now the upcoming Switch title, there are also a few Animal Crossing Spin-off
games like Happy Home Deisgner, amiibo Festival and Pocket Camp.

Do you like these Spin-off games? Have you played them? Should there be more Spin-off
games of Animal Crossing? Or do you only care for the main games?

From the Spin-off games, I only played Happy Home Designer and while the game is not
bad, I kinda got bored after a short time. It's not really a game that I could play for hours
over hours. But after all, it was ok. I never played amiibo Festival since I don't have a
WiiU, but I'm not interested in it at all, since it looks pretty boring. As for Pocket Camp,
I'm not a big fan of mobile games and my phone sucks so I couldn't play it anyway... Yeah.

I wouldn't mind if Nintendo would release other Animal Crossing Spin-offs, if those are fun
and also not on mobile then I would play it. Otherwise I care more for the main games to
be honest.

I haven't played amiibo Festival and I didn't play HHD for very long, and I just got back into Pocket Camp.

I have no problem with spin-offs whatsoever, however I don't think what's been offered to us thus far is of any real substance. Spin-offs can be fantastic and bring in a whole new audience which is fantastic but we're not talking the level of effort like Rune Factory is to Harvest Moon/SoS here. If there were such a spin-off then it'd be quite interesting, I think.

Interesting spin-offs to me are those which drastically change the characters, setting or genre of the game while remaining within the bounds of what the game originally introduced. The main idea of AC is having your own town with animal neighbours, so a game where you have your own town but perhaps manage it SimCity style would be a change of genre. Having the town set on an alien planet or underwater world or such would be a change of setting, and to change character perspective you could look at it from the view of one of the shop-keepers or such. These would make interesting games set in the AC universe that were too different from the main experience to be the next big game, but could work on their own.

Back