• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animalia Chronicles Days 563-572: Of leaky roofs, rainbows, and the Bug-Off

Born2BWild

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
It's time to play catch-up once again! Here's what happened in my town the days that I was gone, grouped into one big post because there are way too many days to do individually:

Rosie must have been on a petition kick, because she asked me to get signatures for one called "Competitive Nom-Nom Club". That sounds more like a petition Punchy might give me, but whatever. I agreed to help her out, since this was before my wi-fi went off, and my chances of visiting another town were much better. Eventually, one of my friends let me come by, and I managed to get all the signatures for Rosie. Lolly had a gift she wanted to return to Punchy, and as thanks...

View attachment 235832

Another villager pic which I don't really need! xD

Astrid thought up a new nickname for me: "Dr. S". It wasn't that bad, so I agreed to let her call me that. But honestly, I preferred "Mr. S", since I don't have a doctor's degree or anything. Then again, I'm probably the only person in Animalia with a college degree, so that counts for a lot, I guess.

Gulliver washed up on the beach only once during my hiatus, and he told me he was headed to a place with a great museum and the tower of Big Ben. That was obviously London, England, and I set the wayward seagull on his way.

View attachment 235833

He must have refrained from doing that, because he sent me a Big Ben model the next day.

I stopped several villagers from moving away: Astrid, Rosie and Eugene all wanted to move, but I twisted their arms and kept them in town. Crazy Redd was in town twice over my absence, but as usual, he didn't have any artwork that my museum needed. The day before the Bug-Off, Mira wanted to visit me, and I gave her the full tour. Also on that day, I saw a rainbow in the sky, and it wasn't even raining that day or the day before!

View attachment 235834

I stopped to admire it--with Lolly--for a few minutes before heading off.

The day of the Bug-Off, I was specifically looking to snag third place, since the bronze bug trophy is the only one I need for my catalog. I turned in a jewel beetle worth 56 points around noon, figuring that would be easy enough for one of my villagers to beat. However, I was wrong: I ended up taking the gold, with Punchy in second place with a 55-point bug and Apollo in 3rd with a 53-point bug. What a nail-biter of a Bug-Off! :eek:

View attachment 235835

One villager, however, wasn't able to enjoy the Bug-Off. Mira was home sick, so prior to the ceremony, I dropped in on her to give her some medicine. I also gave her some the two days after that, so she should be all better today.

View attachment 235836

One last thing of note: just yesterday, Astrid had a package meant to be delivered to Apollo, so I agreed to take it back to him. However, when I got there, it turned out to be a gift he ordered for me. I was flattered...until I saw what was inside the box...a drip pail.

View attachment 235837

And just what are you implying about my house? That it has a leaky roof or something?!?!?!! I'M WATCHING YOU, EAGLE!!!

And that was what happened on my leave of absence, more or less. Stay tuned later today for what happened...well, today.

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 010.JPG
    3DS Pics 010.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3DS Pics 065.JPG
    3DS Pics 065.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 3DS Pics 106.JPG
    3DS Pics 106.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 3DS Pics 121.JPG
    3DS Pics 121.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DS Pics 129.JPG
    3DS Pics 129.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DS Pics 140.JPG
    3DS Pics 140.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 13
Aw, the rainbow picture is so cute with Lolly looking up like that. ^^

Great catch-up post. You're clearly far better at keeping them brief than I am. xD

Back