• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Any ideas for a "Space" themed town name? Or Winter names?

I heavily considered Aurora when I made my town.

Aurora/Nova are my favorite

Hoshi ~ star in japanese
Luna
Meteor
Comet
Asteroid
Stardust
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Earth
Planet
Mercury

Hello, there is an 8-character limit.

Those are real street named where I live that happen to have a space theme.

You're not going to call a Town 'something' Road. The first parts are all within 8 characters. I thought that was kinda obvious actually.

Here's what I've got.

Snowva/Snova
Plutice (Pronounced Pl-oo-tis)

I really like Starfall, too.

I'm naming my town Ganymede after one of Jupiter's moons. I'm happy to see some fellow space-geeks in this thread are doing something similar haha.

I'm not quite sure about the "wintery" side of things, but as for space a good place to start would be looking at names of moons and asteroids...there's a lot of good ones. :)

I'm naming my town Ganymede after one of Jupiter's moons. I'm happy to see some fellow space-geeks in this thread are doing something similar haha.

I'm not quite sure about the "wintery" side of things, but as for space a good place to start would be looking at names of moons and asteroids...there's a lot of good ones. :)

Heheh, Ganymede. Such a cool name. I still think Enceladus is the coolest but it won't fit... it's fitting for this thread too as it's space AND winter themed. For those of you who don't understand, google Enceladus.

for space how about RM467 idk lol its random and sounds like some space stationish type of thing....and for winter all i can think about is game of thrones winterfell 0.o

Heheh, Ganymede. Such a cool name. I still think Enceladus is the coolest but it won't fit... it's fitting for this thread too as it's space AND winter themed. For those of you who don't understand, google Enceladus.

Enceladus would definitely be the best town name haha. The 8 character limit really is too bad. :(

Going with the theme we have here of Enceladus, Ganymede, and some others mentioned Callisto...all of those moons are in fact icy moons, therefore I suppose they incorporate space AND winter. ;) A few other icy moon-names that fit within the character limit: Mimas, Miranda, Europa, Proteus, and Umbriel.

Enceladus would definitely be the best town name haha. The 8 character limit really is too bad. :(

Going with the theme we have here of Enceladus, Ganymede, and some others mentioned Callisto...all of those moons are in fact icy moons, therefore I suppose they incorporate space AND winter. ;) A few other icy moon-names that fit within the character limit: Mimas, Miranda, Europa, Proteus, and Umbriel.

I'm naming my town Callisto :) There's also Telesto, Oberon, Triton, Titan (the most fascinating moon in the solar system!), Proteus, Despina, Halimede, and Psamathe.

I personally wouldn't recvomend a wintry name because idk that would seem awkward when it's summer ool

Anyone have any galaxy names that would fit? Andromeda is cool, but it won't fit. Fun fact: Andromeda is speeding toward the Milky Way right now and will collide with it in a few billion years. They will combine to form the Milkomeda galaxy, an elliptical galaxy instead of a barred-spiral (in the Milky Way's case) or a spiral (Andromeda's case) galaxy.

Also, star names? NML Cygni is the largest known star by volume, so Cygni? I don't have many star names memorized by heart.

Yes, I'm a HUGE astronomy/cosmology nerd.

Anyone have any galaxy names that would fit? Andromeda is cool, but it won't fit. Fun fact: Andromeda is speeding toward the Milky Way right now and will collide with it in a few billion years. They will combine to form the Milkomeda galaxy, an elliptical galaxy instead of a barred-spiral (in the Milky Way's case) or a spiral (Andromeda's case) galaxy.

Also, star names? NML Cygni is the largest known star by volume, so Cygni? I don't have many star names memorized by heart.

Yes, I'm a HUGE astronomy/cosmology nerd.

Andromeda was actually first plan for a town name, until I found out that the character limit returned. :p I am also a huge astronomy/cosmology nerd...i'm actually an astrophysics major in college and next year will be my second year (well, third year of college, second year as an astrophysics major). I was thinking of famous astronomer/cosmologists who's names could be cool town names...Herschel or Hawking would be awesome...I like town names that can have a cool meaning to me but also reasonably be the name of an actual town. I'm actually considering doing one of those instead of Ganymede now...I better decide soon, i've only got a few hours. ;)

Sorry for getting kind of off topic on this, I promise this is my last post in the thread. :rolleyes:

Andromeda was actually first plan for a town name, until I found out that the character limit returned. :p I am also a huge astronomy/cosmology nerd...i'm actually an astrophysics major in college and next year will be my second year (well, third year of college, second year as an astrophysics major). I was thinking of famous astronomer/cosmologists who's names could be cool town names...Herschel or Hawking would be awesome...I like town names that can have a cool meaning to me but also reasonably be the name of an actual town. I'm actually considering doing one of those instead of Ganymede now...I better decide soon, i've only got a few hours. ;)

Sorry for getting kind of off topic on this, I promise this is my last post in the thread. :rolleyes:

Brian May of Queen is a pretty famous Astrophysicist... one of his song titles?

Back