• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Any thoughts on decorating villager home interiors?

Imaginetheday

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Do you have any plans? I’m assuming they go back to the original if they’re adopted? I guess that’s not known yet.

Do you have any plans? I’m assuming they go back to the original if they’re adopted? I guess that’s not known yet.
I've wanted this for so long.
The first thing I'm going to do is put sinking painting on Diana's wall and Street piano (cute) in Judy's house.
I always give them nice gifts and they never want to use them lol

I have no specific plans, I'm just gonna go crazy making all of the interiors match my general island theme. I guess I would say at this point that my island has taken a turn towards cottage core (low key), but I'd prefer to call it forest core since it's much less developed and cutesy. I want my island to have more of a wild vibe to it, so I've already decided on a new villager line up based on exteriors and other factors. Can't wait to redo some of the interiors. I'll of course leave some of the original parts of their homes I think, to make sure it's still kinda the villagers home, but I'm probably gonna turn into an interior nutjob!

I plan on changing my villagers that have starter houses to how they would have looked. Also giving beds to villagers that don’t have any. I know they don’t use the beds but I feel bad that some don’t have one. Most of my villagers houses I like how they are. I do plan on changing cube’s house since I was surprised he didn’t have the ice furniture like the rest of the penguin villagers.

I’m only going to make small changes to make their homes a little cosier. :) leave everything mostly where it is but for example add some cute things for their tables or a plant or two

Well after playing Happy Home Designer on the 3DS recently, I come to realize that every villager do like a style that they see fit with them. So thats what I am going to do when I am able to design my villagers homes. Of course I want to make it look realistic by them having a bed and having other stuff in their home because I often get annoyed when villagers tend to have an outdoor theme home yet they have stuff that are like scattered all over the place and it doesn't really fit will to my liking. I guess what I am trying to say is I will design their homes that will still fit their style, while at the same time making it look like an actual home to live in.

i cannot wait! i went from having to mail furniture over and over again to my villagers to being to completely redesign their houses down to the carpet and wallpaper thanks to the dlc! of course i won’t be doing drastic changes (except for a few) overall i’m going to keep their same style, just spruce it :)

I can’t wait to see what people do. Some are so crazy creativel. I’ve thought of turning their homes into little shops, but I’m probably too chicken. 😄

I never thought they'd add this but I'm so glad they did. I've been wanting this since it was mentioned by fans a while ago since the starter houses are so barebones and boring.

They showed almost nothing about redecorating villager homes on our island, so I'm not sure what to expect. The only thing specifically said was we can't make their homes bigger. I hope we have almost complete control -- to change the floor, wallpaper, and rearrange furniture of our choosing... but I'm not sure how crafting tables are going to work (will they just randomly replace items?) or if we'll be able to change the exterior. Does the villager need to have the item in their inventory for us to use it, or can we bring items without gifting first?

They really left it up in the air, so I am trying to temper my expectations. 😅

I have no specific plans, I'm just gonna go crazy making all of the interiors match my general island theme. I guess I would say at this point that my island has taken a turn towards cottage core (low key), but I'd prefer to call it forest core since it's much less developed and cutesy. I want my island to have more of a wild vibe to it, so I've already decided on a new villager line up based on exteriors and other factors. Can't wait to redo some of the interiors. I'll of course leave some of the original parts of their homes I think, to make sure it's still kinda the villagers home, but I'm probably gonna turn into an interior nutjob!
Yes! That sounds lovely!

This is what I’m doing in terms of decorating with my island theme. Mine’s rustic autumncore mainly, so I’ll be using lots of the mushroom furniture, autumn furniture, and dark wood furniture for my villagers. Probably throw in some fishing/gardening stuff and barrels… lots of barrels. 😂💛

I'm so stoked for this. I can't wait to remodel the interiors of Raddle, Mira, Cashmere and Eugene's houses because their houses as of now look so trashy and out of character.

Yes! That sounds lovely!

This is what I’m doing in terms of decorating with my island theme. Mine’s rustic autumncore mainly, so I’ll be using lots of the mushroom furniture, autumn furniture, and dark wood furniture for my villagers. Probably throw in some fishing/gardening stuff and barrels… lots of barrels. 😂💛

YES TO ALL THE BARRELS

I feel a little TOO powerful on redesigning everyone, and I put a lot of effort already into tweaking some, my starter Katt's house for example. If I make any edits on the houses on my main island, they'll be very small things here and there, like turning someone's gifted furniture away from facing the wall (it's happened many times before 😕)

My second island, on the other hand, is DNM+/ACGC themed. I may overhaul villager's houses entirely if I deem them a little too far removed from their original aesthetics from past titles. So far my #1 target is Chow. His house in NH is literally bamboo + bamboo accessories, and now even worse and messier from my trying to fix it up. He deserves to be restored to his former interior glory! 😍

My plans so far are to mostly stick to upgrading their houses and making them fuller and cozier. Some of the villagers I have that I had in past games have very different houses and tastes in this game and I prefer what they had in old games (Puddles specifically). For those villagers, I'll be basing my design off of their houses in the older games and upgrading from there. And if I don't like either option, I'll create a house that I think actually fits them, but I don't think I have any villagers currently that applies to. Maybe Apollo, his house is just a little plain by default.

I'm excited! But I also don't know exactly what I'm gonna do...

I'll probably try to make their interiors match the theme outside their house, like I've got Hans in my jungle area so I'll probably make his interior reflect that more

This mess is going the second I'm able to.

1635113064385.png

1635113189268.png

I honestly have no idea 😅 since I don’t know what is being added to the game (not in any hurry to find out either since I want to be surprised a little). First, I think I may try sticking with what they seem to like since prior to the announcement when it was discussed how much freedom we’d like to have when decorating the villagers’ houses, I felt at the time there should be some limitations or they require a certain them to make it stick to their personality and interests. There is a good chance I will change my mind while decorating since I have so much fun decorating and can come up with so many ideas that I want to try out.

Also, I may wait to do my villagers last and instead decorate other clients depending on how the dlc works and if we can change what we did if we want later like we can in HHD.

I gave some of my villagers roles in my island journal so, now as I write this i am considering maybe decorating them based on that in combination to their interests and personality as well. for example kiki represents Josephine from DAI and is a diplomat. I could decorate her house like her office in Inquisition (like i did in HHD combined with other rooms from the game) but add my own personal touch to make it more interesting.

Raymond is my treasurer, Rudy is a warrior, Punchy is a pirate emperor, etc… Just to name a few. I definitely want to make as much use of the food furniture as possible since I love it so much ☺.

I don't know what to do with their houses yet, but I'm still thinking whether I'd turn them into various facilities, residence, or a mixture of both. For example, Bob's will be a candy shop, Sterling's will be a gym, etc. But I have to check first if the exteriors can be customized as well.

Back