• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anyone Else Notice this since the Last Update?

Yesterday, Ankha and Maple are missing (both awake). Only 2 houses are open: Sterling was crafting, and Buzz was reading. Everyone else were outside. Couldn't find those two anywhere. I had to restart to shuffle the villagers.

Some speculate that the museum code was altered for a future update.

I actually kind of hate searching for villagers in the museum, but I do like it when they are in there if I'm just visiting.

Sometimes when I can't find a villager, I eventually find them inside another villager's house... but there's times I can't find them at all. They also like to walk along hidden cliffs.

The megaphone would help a lot.
When I first started ACNH, I was walking in a hidden cliff, and it turns out I pushed Rodeo the whole way round the cliff. I was more surprised again because he was so mad. 😳

He told me off and said I should have just asked him to move, and I wasn't expecting that...

Somewhere on my island...

Sherb: Hey Stitches, do want to go to the museum today?
Stitches: Oh no I'm tired of that place. Too much information. It hurts my brain.
Sherb: Me too...Oh I know! Lets just wander aimlessly around and do nothing!
Stitches: Great idea!

I haven't seen anyone at the Museum lately as well, just a few days ago I couldn't find Poppy (at 6 am) and I thought she could've been at the Museum. When I went in there, she wasn't there at all.

I found her at Nook's Cranny when it opened...
EzRMcRdUcAAgD5v.jpeg

Yes, this happened to me as well. I've been twice to the museum recently looking for a missing villager. In the past I could always find missing villagers in the museum after all the other usual spots were checked. Both times the museum was empty (?).

Not sure if this is related, but the other night Tybalt wasn't home and I didn't see him out anywhere. I decided not to check the museum after seeing this thread. At one point I went to Tasha's house and she was alone. Then I came back a while later and Tybalt was there with her.

Yesterday, Ankha and Maple are missing (both awake). Only 2 houses are open: Sterling was crafting, and Buzz was reading. Everyone else were outside. Couldn't find those two anywhere. I had to restart to shuffle the villagers.

Don't get me excited here Rosch...anytime something sounds that logical I get my hopes up...

Side note for anyone who is keeping track: earlier today I couldn't find Marty or Roscoe, dunno why I bother anymore but checked museum and nobody was there, went into Nook's Cranny and Marty was there. Wanting to go to his house I did what I usually do, I went into RS and exited, but he still wasn't at home. Went back into Nook's Cranny, Marty was no longer there. Went into my own house and exited, Marty was then home. Went into his house, both Marty and Roscoe were inside.

I had 2 of my villagers missing yesterday. I played for about 2 hours and during which, I ran circles around the island looking for them. Checked inside other villagers' homes, and ran through the museum twice. I think there's a bug here because the chance of me missing 1 villager fine, but there's no way 2 of them are hiding from me.

I did think it was odd when I went looking for Cherry that after searching everywhere else she wasn't in the museum either. I admit I hate searching the museum and will often give up looking for someone rather than go there. I don't think they need to take it out altogether just make it less likely for them to be there. But definitely if there is a glitch that makes them unfindable it does need to be fixed. Personally I think the best thing would be if there were little dots on the map app indicating where everyone is(we all have nook phones so we should all have gps right?)

I did think it was odd when I went looking for Cherry that after searching everywhere else she wasn't in the museum either. I admit I hate searching the museum and will often give up looking for someone rather than go there. I don't think they need to take it out altogether just make it less likely for them to be there. But definitely if there is a glitch that makes them unfindable it does need to be fixed. Personally I think the best thing would be if there were little dots on the map app indicating where everyone is(we all have nook phones so we should all have gps right?)
OR....you could just check with Barold since it appears he has the entire island on camera...

Just downloaded the update.

Couldn't find 2 villagers as usual. Excited I ran to the museum to see if the update corrected the issue. Ghost town.
They've gotta know missing villagers is an issue by now...

Just downloaded the update.

Couldn't find 2 villagers as usual. Excited I ran to the museum to see if the update corrected the issue. Ghost town.
They've gotta know missing villagers is an issue by now...
It's a shame they didn't fix it for the Museum Day event. I'm sure I saw villagers in there last year who had comments about filling out their own stamp cards. Even bigger shame now that we're not going to get to see their dialogue for the artwork section stamps.

I have noticed villagers go missing and then are at nooks or ables the instant it opens. I guess they're using a back door?

I also had a very troubling thing happen today where without talking to me one of my villagers was suddenly in boxes. Flash back to NL. I was making the rounds for my daily gifts and they were packed and moving out. I have no idea how that came to be and hope it was just a glitch, because villagers leaving on their own ruined NL for me.

I have noticed villagers go missing and then are at nooks or ables the instant it opens. I guess they're using a back door?

I also had a very troubling thing happen today where without talking to me one of my villagers was suddenly in boxes. Flash back to NL. I was making the rounds for my daily gifts and they were packed and moving out. I have no idea how that came to be and hope it was just a glitch, because villagers leaving on their own ruined NL for me.

I am so sorry that happened to you. What an unpleasant surprise 😢 I feel like I did previously hear about a glitch like this. If you don’t mind me asking was it a villager who had been adopted from another island? If I recall correctly, it was something involving the villager having a glitch which caused the game to remove them.

as far as I know the villagers still should not move out unless you give them permission, so I think it is just a glitch and you should not have to worry about it with your other villagers.

I really hope this is still the case, and look forward to seeing if someone else may have more light to shed.

sorry again that this happened to you. Hope you will be able to readopt the villager who is moving away.

Have people seen villagers in the museum again since the 1.10 update?

I don't think mine have been in the museum in ages. I'd have to actually be on the lookout and remember each time I log on, because sometimes I want to test this theory and I just forget when I finally boot up the game.

Right now I don't see any glitches in my game from what I was testing with the update. The only thing I found out was that there was a new feature added in the Dream Suite. When you press minus while inside a Dream Island you can exit the dream using "I want to wake up". Not sure why this was not added sooner, but hey it made the Dream Suite better.

Still it will be nice to be informed if there is any issues after the 1.10 update so that way people are aware of this and report it to Nintendo if its a game breaking bug.

I am so sorry that happened to you. What an unpleasant surprise 😢 I feel like I did previously hear about a glitch like this. If you don’t mind me asking was it a villager who had been adopted from another island? If I recall correctly, it was something involving the villager having a glitch which caused the game to remove them.

as far as I know the villagers still should not move out unless you give them permission, so I think it is just a glitch and you should not have to worry about it with your other villagers.

I really hope this is still the case, and look forward to seeing if someone else may have more light to shed.

sorry again that this happened to you. Hope you will be able to readopt the villager who is moving away.

I invited them from the campsite, but whenever a villager has a thought bubble over their head I hit them with a net first so that I don't even trigger the possible moving event, so I'm really puzzled.

I invited them from the campsite, but whenever a villager has a thought bubble over their head I hit them with a net first so that I don't even trigger the possible moving event, so I'm really puzzled.

hmm. Very strange, though I still believe it is a glitch. I briefly tried searching it and didn’t see anything on the lists of known glitches. I will look again and let you know if I find anything useful

fyi, nothing wrong with your method of course, but only a small number of thought bubbles are move out bubbles, most are requests for favors (you may already know this and only be targeting a specific move out bubble per day, so sorry if you already know this), etc. so will offer this: if you don’t want a villager to move and they ask, simple saying no will prevent them from going and stop anyone from asking again for a few days. I realize the dialogue itself can feel stressful if you don’t want them to go, but I mention it because I think it is different from new leaf, in that they will always be convinced to stay if you tell them to.

Back