• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

anyone else really disappointed in the soundtrack?

biibii

pudding dog.
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
0713-6060-7729
Rainbow Star Fragment
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Flower Glow Wand
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
the music of animal crossing new leaf and its predecessors was widely acclaimed because of the lethargic, calming, and nostalgic effect it had on audiences. it personally made me feel like I had been familiar with the game forever. to this day, the wild world soundtrack makes me cry. the new leaf soundtrack was just so diverse (<-key word here lol) and beautiful all-around that it made me hype up the new horizons soundtrack for MONTHS before release. I'd say I was looking forward to the music the most out of any of the new features of this title. but then, I received my copy, and the first seven days of gameplay were painful for me--I was so eager to listen to the full soundtrack and the music was starting to really get on my nerves. THEN, I unlocked the town hall, and the soundtrack was just as underwhelming as before (and annoying imo). I feel all the songs blend together and the all the music has a very forgettable motif, making the songs not as iconic IMO than its predecessors.

is this a shared feeling ?

I 100% agree. The music doesn’t feel as iconic and “animal crossing” as WW and NL. It’s very forgettable to me and I miss the previous music. I get such pleasant feelings just listening to the old soundtracks. I’m also completely sure that it’s not just nostalgia talking.

i think the developers took a new approach and made it very jazzy and acoustic. i don't like all the songs for sure, but there are some bangers (5pm and 11pm).
I agree they have a few good songs but in my experience I find its the late night songs the majority of players dont get to hear very much anyway :(

i think the developers took a new approach and made it very jazzy and acoustic. i don't like all the songs for sure, but there are some bangers (5pm and 11pm).
i feel like they made it *less* acoustic. like they have that weird screechy synthetic instrument on certain songs. in new leaf, i could tell what most of the instruments they were using were supposed to be.

I agree they have a few good songs but in my experience I find its the late night songs the majority of players dont get to hear very much anyway :(
for me, it’s the early morning ones. i prefer those, but i never get to hear them bc i wake up at 9am and usually refuse to go on until i’ve done 1 productive thing (so like *12pm)

EDIT: wow i typoed. i meant 12pm xD

they all blend together and are irritating to me lol i remember when i finally unlocked the hourly music i hated the song that was playing and then when the hour changed i was like "wait, did the song even change? it's not just the same song for several hours at a time or something, is it?" which is... not good... i like some of the late night and early morning ones but ones like 2 PM (and also 3 AM...) kill my ears. i don't even dislike upbeat music or jazz necessarily and i get that they were trying to go for a fun islandy feel but i don't think they did a good job of it imo :(

For me personally, I've never found Animal Crossing music in general that catchy. The KK music can be, but the regular music is fairly forgettable to me. And this is coming from a person who has quite a large physical CD video game soundtrack collection.

I'm not saying AC music is bad, I just don't find myself humming to it, or wanting to listen to it outside of the game.

Yeah, I find that it all blends together and I don't even notice when it changes.

In NL I used to be able to tell what time it was according to the music, but now each time a song changes I have to check what time it is to match it to the tune.

12pm and 5pm is a banger tho? I love them a lot. It's so casual-sounding (12pm) while 5pm feels like finally getting your work done and going back home. Maybe I'm biased because I love songs that has any bass in it lol.

the soundtrack really ruffles my feathers for some reason--I dont even play my game with audio on anymore except for when I fish :C
I don’t play with sound as often anymore either. But that’s also because I prefer watching things or listening to a podcast so that I can stay sane while I spend ten mins buying from Leif or walking in and out of the changing room on repeat or crafting individual fish bait for an hour.

I can tolerate it but I'm not really a fan. I've been listening to a lot of WW and NL songs lately, I'm literally listening to NL's 7PM as I study.

This is the nth thread we’ve had on the subject. I don’t mean to be rude, but please go to the rant thread for this.
hey ! I really dont go on this subform lol so unfortunately you do come off a bit rude bc had I known there were other threads for this I obviously would not have spammed with yet another another on this subject, its always possible to kindly inform others :)

I've never had any attachment to the music in Animal Crossing and honestly would not have been able to answer if someone asked, "is it the same or different from New Leaf?"

So, I'll say no: I'm not disappointed.

animal crossing music doesn’t have to be dopey sad piano all the time like NL (I like NL’s soundtrack tho lol), GameCube AC had its soundtrack feel very funky and awkward in the best ways possible. NH felt like it was trying to be funky and awkward again but just sorta failed lmao. It just doesn’t sound very good.

i’m not disappointed - the soundtrack isn’t amazing or anything but i don’t mind it lol

Back