• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

anyone else really disappointed in the soundtrack?

I will agree that the NH soundtrack is not as good as the NL soundtrack (haven't played any other AC games before that).. but I do really like some of the songs, a lot! It's nice that they went in a different direction but it would be cool if you could unlock hourly music from the previous games.

Tbh the soundtrack for NH isn’t bad, the problem is that they don’t feel too different and the same instruments are used every hour, making the hourly tracks seem less diverse and indistinguishable from each other. Also not only that, but they kinda had some missed opportunities of using the steel drum from NL, which ironically to me made the NL soundtrack have a more tropical theme imo. Another thing that kinda bothers me is the overuse of the synthesizer.

Other than that though, there are some great tracks like 5pm, 4am, 5am, and 6pm but overall, there’s really not much variety imo. To me, I personally prefer the melodic flow of the NL soundtrack compared to the more jazzy and loose sound of NH.

I don't like how it's the same sountrack like a l l d a y
The music doesn't even compare to New Leaf at all in my opinion and I actually find quite annoying to the point I turn my sound down because it's the annoying same song over and over. I only like 2 am music. I wish the music was hourly like in New Leaf , because every hour was something pretty much different and they're all bangers and I've been listening to them for background relaxing music that brings me nostalgia since the game came out and I just don't feel that with New Horizons.

I actually miss the pre-town hall music, I wish we could get it back somehow ;A;

And for music right now, I just love the one that starts when it's pretty late, the day one doesn't annoy me but I don't like it too much

i totally agree. i think that overall, NH has better sound design in terms of ambient noise and sound effects, but the soundtrack is definitely much weaker than past games.

i honestly like the 5am music. maybe because i haven't heard it as often, or because it's. ya know. ACTUALLY a change of hearing the same thing over and over again - the music, especially by day, feels like it's endlessly looped and just slightly altered. maybe it's more fitting of the island theme, idk, but by now i just really don't want to hear it anymore and i hope i will come to hate it less than i do rn.

- sincerely, someone who's played for a little over 400 hours now.

i honestly like the 5am music. maybe because i haven't heard it as often, or because it's. ya know. ACTUALLY a change of hearing the same thing over and over again - the music, especially by day, feels like it's endlessly looped and just slightly altered. maybe it's more fitting of the island theme, idk, but by now i just really don't want to hear it anymore and i hope i will come to hate it less than i do rn.

- sincerely, someone who's played for a little over 400 hours now.
lmao I feel this so much especially also playing almost 400 hours :')

While the music of this game is not bad, I like the New Leaf soundtrack waaaay more. 😅

i think that ultimately, what the NH soundtrack is missing is emotion. i'm thinking of 1am and 7pm from new leaf and 2pm from wild world. i feel like the past games' songs have more character, whereas the NH soundtrack is made to blend in and be fully ambient. it feels to me like it's just filling space rather than adding another dimension to the game.

I work night shift (7PM-7AM) which is great for me because most of my favorite songs play during these hours! 2AM, 4-7AM...

I agree! I was really really disappointed in the soundtrack and it's upsetting. Now I'd rather have youtube or something on in the background while I play because I don't care for the music anyway, on New Leaf i'd always play with just the music from the game ;_;

i thought i was the only one. despite the first week of hearing the intro music on loop for hours, i only have two hourly musics that i really like from new horizons. 5am and 6pm are my favourite, the rest are eh for me

I play without sound cause I don’t like the music. Do wish I could play with sound though :/

Totally agreed! The Wild World soundtrack is my absolute favorite; I hate New Horizons' music so much that I am considering patching in and replacing it with WW's soundtrack via homebrew if one is ever made (this exists for New Leaf so far). I guess I'm just not too keen on the tropical vibes lol

If they wanted to go for funky awesome. Add animal noises. Or something.
I hate the majority of the instruments. Why so many trumpets for a chill game.
I usually turn the sound off unless its night or early morning.
I just...dont like it.
I've had times a new hour will come and I'll groan and go NOT THAT song.

I like the music, minus a few duds. It probably helps that I like the Welcome Horizons leitmotif many of the songs use. Unlike past games they went with a shifting theme over the course of the day. Morning songs sound similar, which shifts to a different mood as the day goes on, as we go into the afternoon, to the evening, to night, until 3AM sideswipes us before shifting back into a solemn melancholy mood for early morning. While this can make some themes blend together I don't think this approach is a bad one.

Back