• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

anyone else really disappointed in the soundtrack?

Wish they would add the option to mute the music while keeping the other sounds, if such a thing is doable.
Oh, it's definitely doable. It still bothers me that the videos on the official website have just sound effects, no music, and it sounds so nice, but yet they don't let players get that same peaceful experience.

I don't know how much work it'd take, but the game contains "silence" files. They're labelled the same way as K.K.'s aircheck songs, but surely they could just add more "silence" BWAV files then have a setting that tells the game to always play that instead of the 24 hourly songs? Sounds simple enough and many players would love it, but they'll probably never do it.

Sure, people could mod the game's files, but that only works for those that aren't playing the game legitimately, and that would mean no online. Not worth it to me!

i really like 5 pm, such a nice funk guitar/bass.

but yeah, i think the absolute best is still gamecube because it was really quirky and fun. i do love NL a lot though because its just so relaxing in the background, but i tried hacking NL to play the gamecube music because i love it that much better.
GC > NL > NH

give it time it will eventually be ingrained in your brain.
Post automatically merged:

im listening to 3 pm music btw..

It's not nostalgia.. I loved ACNL tracks the very first time I heard them. ACNH tracks sound like royalty free YouTube music. They're just awful. I listen to music almost all day, everyday.. I can't stress how much music adds to the entire aura/feeling/emotional connectedness to a game. Think of walking through ACNL at 4am, while it's raining.. would it feel as magical and peaceful if the music was a song from a 5 minute crafts video? No.

I went back and listened to WW and NL's OSTs and you're right....... This doesn't "feel" like AC? I forgot how frickin' iconic WW was!!! Like I still remember those tunes. NL also felt very inspired.

I'm already getting sick of ACNH's music :\ I don't hate it but I'm not impressed.

i think that ultimately, what the NH soundtrack is missing is emotion. i'm thinking of 1am and 7pm from new leaf and 2pm from wild world. i feel like the past games' songs have more character, whereas the NH soundtrack is made to blend in and be fully ambient. it feels to me like it's just filling space rather than adding another dimension to the game.
Exactly!
Post automatically merged:

I time traveled to December and

the music literally sounds the same except with Christmas bells here and there. It’s barely noticeable like when it rains and a marimba is heard
Oh man.. that's extremely disappointing. Guess I'll keep listening to NL while playing then 😔

It's not nostalgia.. I loved ACNL tracks the very first time I heard them. ACNH tracks sound like royalty free YouTube music. They're just awful. I listen to music almost all day, everyday.. I can't stress how much music adds to the entire aura/feeling/emotional connectedness to a game. Think of walking through ACNL at 4am, while it's raining.. would it feel as magical and peaceful if the music was a song from a 5 minute crafts video? No.

I think that we bring a lot of baggage to the music too. I listen to music a lot and come from a fairly musical family. To me, there is something really special about the sound change with ACNH 10 PM to 11 pm track. It is the same as the walk home in the dead of night after spending the evening with friends downtown.

waiting for the day people don't complain about the soundtrack literally every other day because it's not a 1:1 copy of NL's
We don't want an exact copy. I was daydreaming while building up my town, about how amazing the new music would be.. I was hoping for maybe some 7PM Tortimer Island music.. and I must say, I'm extremely disappointed.

I definitely agree, NH's soundtrack is just so... lifeless? It's feels like it wants to be bouncy and quirky like GCN's sountrack but it falls really flat, and I'm a fan of jazzy beats. Most songs teeter between being boring or annoying to me. Even the ever popular 5PM does nothing for me, I don't like it very much at all to be honest (and I'm stuck listening to it almost daily because I play almost exclusively during the evening and into the night).

The one song I can honestly say I really like in NH is 6PM. The accordion hits me just right and gives me that cozy feeling I crave from Animal Crossing music. Not saying that all AC songs need to be moody, melancholy or nostalgic, but... it's gotta make me feel something, you know? Animal Crossing is a game very entrenched in its atmosphere and NH's soundtrack doesn't add to that at all.

the music of animal crossing new leaf and its predecessors was widely acclaimed because of the lethargic, calming, and nostalgic effect it had on audiences. it personally made me feel like I had been familiar with the game forever. to this day, the wild world soundtrack makes me cry. the new leaf soundtrack was just so diverse (<-key word here lol) and beautiful all-around that it made me hype up the new horizons soundtrack for MONTHS before release. I'd say I was looking forward to the music the most out of any of the new features of this title. but then, I received my copy, and the first seven days of gameplay were painful for me--I was so eager to listen to the full soundtrack and the music was starting to really get on my nerves. THEN, I unlocked the town hall, and the soundtrack was just as underwhelming as before (and annoying imo). I feel all the songs blend together and the all the music has a very forgettable motif, making the songs not as iconic IMO than its predecessors.

is this a shared feeling ?
Yess!!! As I said, I too was also extremely excited to be able to hear the new soundtrack. I was thinking, whimsical, softly islandy, mixed with a little bit of 7PM Tortimer Island. Once I unlocked hourly music.. I literally said, "Oh...." 😔
Good to see we aren't alone.

I get that we all have our favorites, but I still think ACNH music should be given more of a chance. Most of us played the previous titles before, so the music that we heard for years sunk in our brains and we formed positive and fun connotations to those tunes. We've only played New Horizons for more than a month. Just give it time!

I decided I may not be on late enough or early enough to hear some of the good music. Instead I just hear a lot of 8 am lol

I mean the music from the GameCube, wild world, city folk, new leaf all sound similar but new horizons is on a different scale

I thought the music was bland, but that's only because my Resident Service area hadn't been upgraded yet. I found out later that the music that plays is different once you've upgraded. So now that I can actually hear the real music playing, I like it more than NL. So my own ranking now would be: GCN>WW>NH>NL. I still prefer Wild World and GCN, since I thought the music was more memorable, but I found good osts in NL and NH too. I really like the daytime music for NH (it makes me feel energized) and over time, I might even rank NH higher.

same , literally the only ones that i remember are 2am and 5am in this game . i just dont even bother checking the time for any other songs to see which one it is because i know im not going to listen to them outside of the game ever, theyre just.. bland

in new leaf you could play (almost) any song in the game and i could tell you what hour it is. this game i probably couldnt tell you one apart from 2am and5am

I thought the music was bland, but that's only because my Resident Service area hadn't been upgraded yet. I found out later that the music that plays is different once you've upgraded. So now that I can actually hear the real music playing, I like it more than NL. So my own ranking now would be: GCN>WW>NH>NL. I still prefer Wild World and GCN, since I thought the music was more memorable, but I found good osts in NL and NH too. I really like the daytime music for NH (it makes me feel energized) and over time, I might even rank NH higher.
wtf. nl is the best out of any gmae

yeah, i was wildly disappointed at first by nh's soundtrack. could be nostalgia speaking, but it also is just completely different imo. i do enjoy a handful of the songs, but eh. at least it's gotten to the point where i don't notice it anymore.

Back