• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anyone wanna test out cycling a villlager theory?

Aesthetic

is it satire?
Bells
Theory 1
http://mini-warbloid.tumblr.com/post/80990003699/want-your-villagers-to-move-out-today-heres-a-guide

So I was playing around with my game and finding a way to get my villagers to move out the fastest, and I found one!
This is 100% effective, I’ve tried it multiple times on multiple villagers.
First, find the villager you’re trying to move out, and talk to them until they say they have to remember something or they are “thinking”.
Save and quit, and time travel two days forward.
Find that same villager, and walk/run past them, they WILL ping you, and it WILL be about moving.
I guarantee this works 100%. Though, it make take two tries in the most, because they might not decide to move after all.
Have fun moving out villagers!

Theory 2
1) Focus on villager you want to move out.
2) Talk to the villager and ignore the villager for 1 week and 1 day.
3) After ignoring the villager for 1 week and 1 day, talk to the villager on the next day.
4) They should ping with-in a week, if not - retry.

Reasons why a villager might not be moving out :

Another villager is moving out/in.
An event is happening.

Last edited:
If I TT, get the villager to ping and then TT back to the current date, will the villager still move? I want to try this, but I don't want my in-game date to get all messed-up.

can't wait! I have been trying to move out iggly for MONTHHHHHS. I almost quit animal crossing because fricking penguin won't move the **** out omg. So if anyone got this to work please let me know :(

If I TT, get the villager to ping and then TT back to the current date, will the villager still move? I want to try this, but I don't want my in-game date to get all messed-up.

Yes, the villager will still move. tting backwards will only count as 1 day, no matter how much time you TT back.

great god of gensokyo...
this is could very well be a miraculous discovery!

do you have to TT though, or can you get by with just ignoring them for 2 days?

tried this like, 5 times today and it didnt work for me. :c
i also done-goofed up and tt'ed all the way back to march 2nd, and while i was tting back to the normal date, my dirt path started to regrow..

Last edited:
aaah do be careful with this! a friend of mine on tumblr was testing it, using the exact instructions, and lost two dreamies.

great god of gensokyo...
this is could very well be a miraculous discovery!

do you have to TT though, or can you get by with just ignoring them for 2 days?
not sure - haven't tried it.

tried this like, 5 times today and it didnt work for me. :c
i also done-goofed up and tt'ed all the way back to march 2nd, and while i was tting back to the normal date, my dirt path started to regrow..
Darn.. Hopefully it works for someone else? Maybe you had an event or a villager moving in/out..

and omg I hate it when you have dirt paths and the grass regrows

Last edited:
If this works out, it's amazing.

Edit: I noticed a lot of people who reblogged it said it doesn't work.

Last edited:
I tried doing this with Pierce once and it didn't work, so I got him to start thinking again and turned off my game. I'm going to TT back to the 29th to see what happens.

Can villagers ping you is there inside? Pierce is in his house atm. Lobo is there as well.

Last edited:
Well... results for the first one are looking negative atm, I edited first post and added another theory.

I looked into the first theory with posts people are saying.
Someone has mentioned something like you need to be friends with the villager or something like that.
If they're not friends, or at least good friends, they won't do it.

Back