Are there any little things you like/appreciate about New Horizons?

kemdi

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
I'm talking about things that most people wouldn't really notice at a second, or even a first glance.
For instance, I love the cute little seashells on the side panel in the aquarium part of the museum, and also how detailed the inside of the dollhouses are. I also love going to Harv's at night to listen to the relaxing music on his island.

I love how the villagers have seasonal snacks. For example, they eat bowls of soup in the winter and popsicles in the summer. It’s even more adorable when three of them sit together in the plaza and eat together! And how they chew…it’s too precious!

i really love the falling snow wallpaper, i love a lot of the animated wallpapers but this one specifically just feels so nice and cozy, i like to use it no matter the time of year.
1666331357164.png

there are soo soo many little details that melt my heart and make this game so flesh out… which really makes me sad they stopped supporting after so little time :( but o well.

-Like coffe cups and other miscellaneous
- duster to clean ( love interactive and immersive items )
- Rainy + stormy days ☔
- LOOOVE autumn 🍂

And so so so much more, super sad they stopped supporting the game after such a short time.

It must have been added later, but I like how villagers talk about the item you are holding. Like I was holding a vaulting pole and two different villagers made two different comments about it.
And I believe I've said this before somewhere on the site, but I really appreciate the weather and sky effects. The museum is still awesome. And I really like the idea of going to Harvey's island to get the other variety of items so you don't have to use NOS and trade. I can have whatever color of lighthouse any time.

It is a shame they decided not to work on the game anymore. The game really is massive with the paid dlc and maybe that's why they felt done.

I'm talking about things that most people wouldn't really notice at a second, or even a first glance.
For instance, I love the cute little seashells on the side panel in the aquarium part of the museum, and also how detailed the inside of the dollhouses are. I also love going to Harv's at night to listen to the relaxing music on his island.
If I had to pick I think a detail I like the most is on some days when you go into the residential services Tom and Isabella will be doing something together like working out working out or cleaning up. It's just nice to see.

there’s honestly so many wonderful little details that i love that it’s hard to keep track of them all, but a few favourites off the top of my head are:

next to the roost’s entrance/exit, there’s a picture of brewster and blathers together, a picture of k.k. slider performing in the roost like he did in wild world and city folk, and a picture of the roost’s building in new leaf on the wall. i think this is such a lovely callback to the previous games. it made me smile so much when i first noticed it. 🥺
villagers will sometimes stay/wake up later or earlier than they normally do. sisterly/uchi villagers usually go to bed at 3am and wake up at 9:30am, but one morning i found tammy wandering around at 5am! when i talked to her, she told me she likes pulling all-nighters sometimes haha.
villagers will do the ?/confused reaction if you enter and leave their home without talking to them.
the sunrises/sunsets! i adore sunrises and sunsets so much irl, and the ones in-game are beautiful! i also love that the sun reflects off of items.
the animated walls and floors really are so lovely! i especially love the misty-garden wall, falling-snow wall, prom wall, cloud flooring etc.
speaking of walls, if you turn off the light in a room that has the graveyard wall up, a ghostly figure will appear on it. turn the light on and off, and the figure will appear to be closer each time you turn the light back off. 🤫
the haunted fake artworks! my favourite is the fake ancient statue — i like that it floats and its eyes glow if you interact with it at night.
some ‘paired’ villagers have a photo of their twin in their home (ex. chèvre has a pic of nan, and nan has a pic of chèvre). big top also has a photo of himself in his house for some reason. 🤣
blathers blathering during his speech after a museum upgrade/relocation, and tom nook not having any of it.
99674544-BC41-4532-B952-D4D37C2B4498.jpeg

not my photo.

i’m probably forgetting a bunch — like i said, there’s a lot. 😅

When a group of my villagers hangs around the plaza and sings, exercises, or sits together they are unbelievably cute.
Also, the details of the butterfly room in the museum are gorgeous. 🦋 Wish I could turn some butterflies loose in my character's house.

i appreciated the addition of cooking in the game. the idea of collecting recipes to do with food and actually growing a garden feels really rewarding. more rewarding sometimes than just watering flowers. then being able to just keep and collect afterwards just makes my brain happy for some reason.

I keep getting the cutest conversations with my villagers and it makes me so happy :) like I’m slowly getting to know them.

I appreciate all the little dances they included in the last big update!

Also, just how great the museum looks. I was so blown away by it when I first saw it. Love that Brewster is back.

I only noticed this today but, when you're in Kapp'n's boat, you wiggle your feet !! How did I not notice that before ?!?! xD

I love the conversations with villagers. Occasionally I may be having a bad day or something and something they say is just perfect or insightful and makes me think, or makes me feel positive.

Also going to Brewster's to get a coffee, while I drink coffee in real life. It's just relaxing and makes me feel aas if I'm sitting in a cafe while I'm actually home. :)

The detailed graphics 100%. The shadows and lighting and textures on everything is just breathtaking. They really put lots of effort here and it shows. I especially love it at night where you can see the moon reflections on the trees and ground and water. We sold our family cottage so this game really helps me kinda relive moments. Obviously real life is better than a video game but when you're stuck in the city, seeing that nature helps.

conversations with my favourite villagers are adorable
also the bell that rings upon entry into brewster's cafe + the music that plays is really chill, makes me pretty relacc (relaxed). genuinely does feel that you're taking a break from doing whatever you're doing on your island

Back