• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you buying the AC: New Leaf guide book?

the prima one is over 500 pages, i think wild world was 150 maybe?

The new leaf guide has 512 pages but waaay smaller dimensions than what the Nintendo power Wild World guide had. It's suppose to be more pocket sized or something, makes more sense for a handheld game I guess.

edit: lol Papner beat me to it :p may as well just add the dimensions so this post isn't useless:

New Leaf Prima guide: 5.3 x 1.4 x 8.5 inches
City Folk Prima guide: 10.8 x 8 x 0.4 inches
Wild World Nintendo Power guide: 10.7 x 8.3 x 0.3 inches

Last edited:
Why would I need it when I have the internet?

Don't get me wrong, I used to always have to have them. But then high speed internet happened, and I haven't even pondered getting one since.

I want to buy one, but I want to see what comes out over here in AU first :) if its just the prima one then I will buy it from my fave game shop.

I own the guide for each game. I keep it for the pictures of the items because they don't show item pictures on the internet most of the time. <_<

I've already pre-ordered the guide when I ordered the game off amazon.

<.< I also want the guide because I might want to play when my computer isn't on or when my power goes out. So the internet wouldn't be able to help me then~

I live in AU, know of any stores that sell it online or instore??

I live in aus too. Went with the book depository online, they have it for $16.50 aud with free shipping to aus. Probably cheaper than what you will find in store or on amazon with the shipping fee.

I'm buying the guide. I didn't really need it for City Folk since it was so similar to Wild World and I do have that guide. But I want the guide for New Leaf since obviously, I'll never have played it before.

I probably won't buy it. I don't really see a point in buying it. Most of the information that can be found in the book will be post the internet soon anyway. Seems like a waste of money.

I'm really in doubt whether to buy the ebook or not... Hmmm. :/

I have bought a guide for each of the Animal Crossing games except the GameCube version. I love having a guide & they are a great source for information, checklists, villager/guest info & pictures. I know the prima guides always has mistakes but I still find them very useful. I preordered the New Leaf guide for $12.50 on Amazon. That's the current price there if you want to preorder it there.

That's where I preordered! Couldn't resist the sale price so I had to bite on it haha.

I'm really in doubt whether to buy the ebook or not... Hmmm. :/

You can always look up guides online that will probably be better or more straight forward than the e-book. Its always nicer to have a physical guide with you so if you're going to buy a prima guide I reckon the physical copy is the best idea. That's just my reasoning though and honestly I havent looked to much into the e-book yet :p

If they have any in stock when I go in to GameStop to pick up my bundled then sure. But I don't really care

Back