• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I... think its just the mayor?

I'm not 100% sure on this though, as my other characters just do their own thing and ignore all the villagers.

Will villagers try to move if somebody's sick? Because every time someone's been ill I haven't gotten any moving rumours OR pings, and it seems a little strange; someone should have tried by now.

whats better? bell boom or beautiful ordinance?

It really depends what you do in your town. For me, I initially started out with the bell boom ordinance, and later switched to the beautiful ordinance. The bell boom ordinance was good at first to help pay off my initial home loans, and if you find you sell a lot of items to Reese or do a lot of beetle farming, it's worthwhile having. After a while I realised I was making most of my bells by selling items and villagers on this forum, and therefore didn't need the bell boom ordinance as it was just making things more expensive to buy. I did miss having two items on premium at Re-Tail, but if you can WiFi with others you can usually find the premiums you might want in other towns. Having the beautiful ordinance also allowed me to not spend so much time watering all of my flowers (which I hated doing, I ended up selling whole patches of flowers because of it), and it's also easier to grow the hybrids you want due to not having to water everything. I only water a select few flowers each day to grow more hybrids.

There's pros and cons to both ordinances, you just have to choose the one that fits in with your play style better. :)

HNI_0041.JPG

Would I be able to plant a tree where the hole is? I'm not sure, since the other sapling is sort of close.

Unfortunately it won't grow since its too close to the other sapling + the rock. You can't plant anything that close to a rock/building, it has to be one block away minimum.

Unfortunately it won't grow since its too close to the other sapling + the rock. You can't plant anything that close to a rock/building, it has to be one block away minimum.

Okay, thanks. Would it be okay if I put it one space over to the right?

Okay so I passed all four of Gracie's fashion checks, had her tell me she was inspired by me and wanted to move to the town, but I've TT'd at least three days now and I still don't have the emporium, and there's no message on the board stating whether or not the store will be closing for an upgrade.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a glitch? I thought I had to get all of the prerequisites for the expansion done prior to even getting Gracie to show up in town (100,000 bells in the shop, have it be 30 days after home center was built)

Is there anyway to get help catching rare bugs/fish? I'm asking because you're not able to drop these like you would regular items so I wanted to know if there was a way to transfer them between players.

not at all

I don't think there ever will be either, since that takes away any challenge in the accomplishments if so

its also why villagers will never let you buy bugs/fish in their houses

Last edited:
which are you having trouble with specifically?

none are really that hard once you figure out their gimmicks (its just a matter of finding some of them that can be a pain)

bees might be the exception because I swear they never stay consistent with which side to attack from for me

Last edited:
Ah I managed to get bees already (I think...) I remember trying like crazy and looking fugly for a few days.

Anyway I'm struggling with really rare fish like the coelacanth and with bugs like the scorpion + tarantula. Those are the main ones that I've not been able to catch even when they're in season but I have around 15-20 bugs/fish that I haven't been able to find.

Back